What's new

Rafale jets are not enough to face Pakistani JF 17: Shahid Latif

KLJ-7A(JF17-blk3) VS AN/APG-81(F35)
The parameters are public and you can simply Google them

Are you for real?? You are comparing Jf 17 radar with F 35 radar..
That's crazy...

That's crazy...

Hes probably just using TRM count as a metric, which is kinda pointless since TRM count is not the be all and end all.

In fact, alot of people on PDF have been making the mistake of using TRM count of the Rafales phased array to compare it with the KLJ-7A, while yes, the 7A has a larger TRM count, that means very little in the context of the bigger picture. We do not know enough about either TRM to make a reasonable judgement, some TRM can continuously provide 10W of power whereas some only do 4W. Radars are more than just the antenna (though antenna design, of course is another factor in effectiveness), you also need to look at the systems that allow the radar to work, amplifiers, processors etc.

The indians also claimed that the su-30 could decimate both the Pakistani and Chinese Airforces within hours. Now they are claiming that the French Rafales can do the same.............:disagree:............indians have already forgotton 27/02/2019...........:azn:............That too against a 7× smaller foe.............:azn:

yup... i still remember their wet dream headliners

"the Su-30 force will have greater destructive power than the entire PAF"....

but they keep forgetting it will be flown by Indians.....lol...

What writers and commentators always ignore is the "role" any fighter jet would be deployed. The deployment as a "strike fighter" or an "interceptor" has a major bearing on how a jet performs. Add to this: pilot skills, jamming capabilities and support from other aircrafts.

JF-17 will never be a deep strike fighter (excluding Block-III for the moment)......Rafael primarily will be one.

An interceptor, defensive role of JF-17 takes out lot of issues about Jeff out of the equation.

We are yet to see where Block III stands.

Rafael, in its role, has to counter many many threats. The hype that has been created about it means, even if one jet goes down the whole IAF will be deflated (just like SU-30MKI)

I don't think Indians intend on using the Rafale as a deep strike platform, and won't when they have Mirage 2000C, except for delivery of Nuclear warheads.

They have repeatedly emphasized its BVR range, more than anything, and its 'capability to shoot down planes in the neighbor country's airspace.'

I don't think Indians intend on using the Rafale as a deep strike platform, and won't when they have Mirage 2000C, except for delivery of Nuclear warheads.

Yes they intend to use it as deep penetration strike plane

they have stated it clearly.

Yes they intend to use it as deep penetration strike plane

they have stated it clearly.

Source? The only time I have heard of that was when they said of nuclear deterrence. Not as a conventional platform

They have repeatedly emphasized its BVR range, more than anything, and its 'capability to shoot down planes in the neighbor country's airspace.'

If they don't want to use it as a deep strike platform, then the only other job it can do for Bhindians is to work as a dildo in their backside.

If they don't want to use it as a deep strike platform, then the only other job it can do for Bhindians is to work as a dildo in their backside.

It has an extreme BVR range, wasn't that what it was about all along.

That's crazy...
it's all my fault.The designer said F22.

在谈到KLJ-7A与国外产品相比时处于什么样的位置时,徐健表示,KLJ-7A的技术细节可以匹敌F-22使用的APG-77雷达,设计先进程度也与他们不相上下。但我们更注意控制成本,性价比更高。

That's crazy...

It may sound like crazy if it was about jet comparison with one on one basis. can you share details of both radars for better comparisons? After all, manufacturer maintains that Thunder AESA Radar will be better than F-22. Mind you, the comparison is not about the over all capability of jet but Radar only.

Back
Top Bottom