What's new

Rafale jets are not enough to face Pakistani JF 17: Shahid Latif

What kind of experts? some name please.

AT least it's not the case of engine : the time detween overhaul of the chinese copy of russian engine is so small... And they had to work for 20+ years and spend billions to have a ppor copy.

25 years ago a french navy officier had the opportulity to visit a brand new chinese frigate (I think it was during the visit of the ship in a french overseas harbour. Maybe new caledona, I don't remember) : he was so suprised to see that some internal partitions were made of ply wood ! So nice externaly, but shitty internaly.

Honnestly, as they struggle to have access to the best microships of the world (built in.... Taiwan !!! ), their electronic devices are unlikely to be at the top level.
The Chinese copy of the Russian engine was overhauled for too short a time? ? Which Russian engine are you talking about? Can you clarify so that I can check what you said? ?

JF17 is a cost effective solution to replace mig21. But it's main weakness is the same than Mig21 one : small range.
It's just impossible for a US, a russian, a french, a chinese LIGHT fighter to have the capacity of a MEDIUM or HEAVY one. JF17 is a nice LIGHT fighter, that's all.
The internal fuel range of the jf-17 exceeds that of Mirage 2000 and MiG-29. You mean Mirage 2000, MiG-29's range is not as good as MiG-21? ?

Last edited:
Another post with Bashing IAF and Tejas, and justifying the crashes while comparing with other air forces..
Yes, crashes do happen, that doesn't make IAF warriors lousy. That's a shame that you don't use civilized language for men in uniform. I won't use that kind of language for PAF pilots.. There is level which I will maintain. You are free to fall...
Never mind language.

Speaking on behalf of IAF professional pilots, they're professional no doubt but in the end of day for IAF, the politicians have messed it up totally.

Where India has enough man power to train per aircraft, instead IAF opts for minimum skillset. Secondly, where IAF wanted 127 Rafales they got only 36. So therefore loosing 4-5 squadrons due to corruption, old technology, upgrading to new aircraft due to reasons x,y,z that's where IAF is currently.

I have yet to see HAL Tejas equals JF-17s at least at minimum or even catch up to the levels where JF-17s are performing today. This (if) achieved will be huge achievement by HAL, otherwise pessimism kicks in & IAF will have to buy NEWER more EXPENSIVE aircrafts from abroad at exponential prices, and by this time PAF will acquire stealth technology sooner rather quickly.

People like Shahid Latif are indeed aware of a lot more things than I do or many others do and hence it is even more painful to hear him belittle one of the best Jets of its generation (4.5++). Thunders would indeed be very good but if they were good enough, our Vipers would have been resting easy in Feb 2019 as opposed to them taking lead in Air Superiority roles.

Do I think our Thunders can take on Rafale, No; Do I think our Vipers can take on Rafale, No. Do you think our Thunders or even Vipers can take on Rafale in Air Superiority? The scenario is without external support from ground based or aerial EW/AWACS etc.

Hi,

You as a civilian can say that---but him as a soldier would not.

Otherwise afghan mujahideen would have been dust if they had believed in the enemy weapon superiority.

This statement is true about IAF has nothing to show to the illiterate masses of India.

Images Jf-17s Block 3
View attachment 868460

download (1).jpg

Ghazwa e Hind will dwarf all your stupid rafales and other shit, once and for all.

Hi,

You as a civilian can say that---but him as a soldier would not.

Otherwise afghan mujahideen would have been dust if they had believed in the enemy weapon superiority.
My friend, Afghan Mujahideen were indeed dust before they were provided superior weapons from the US which effectively started taking down Soviet Helos and Armor; how effective were the Mujahideen before they started receiving RPG's and most importantly the US stinger missile systems?

Ignoring the enemy's superiority of technology in this day and age, without a counter, is not a successful tactic.

My friend, Afghan Mujahideen were indeed dust before they were provided superior weapons from the US which effectively started taking down Soviet Helos and Armor; how effective were the Mujahideen before they started receiving RPG's and most importantly the US stinger missile systems?

Ignoring the enemy's superiority of technology in this day and age, without a counter, is not a successful tactic.

Hi,

Using my teachings against me.

They did not have stingers against the US.

Hi,

Using my teachings against me.

They did not have stingers against the US.
This is off topic, but have to say: Americans just woke up from a delusion and realized that there is no strategic gain by staying back in Afghanistan. There was a bigger fish (China) to fry. The Americans were not militarily defeated. They just reprioritized their focus because Afghanistan war was turning into a non-beneficial woke adventure from their strategic view point. They just showed that security threats in Afghanistan can be bombed as they please anyway.

I will credit the Taliban for keeping the fight alive with a heavy price. But Taliban did not 'defeat' the USA.

Mr Shahid Latif India has more options get out of day dreams Rafales are second to none your beloved lockhead martin corp has offered India their best F 35 ightning II

This is off topic, but have to say: Americans just woke up from a delusion and realized that there is no strategic gain by staying back in Afghanistan. There was a bigger fish (China) to fry. The Americans were not militarily defeated. They just reprioritized their focus because Afghanistan war was turning into a non-beneficial woke adventure from their strategic view point. They just showed that security threats in Afghanistan can be bombed as they please anyway.

I will credit the Taliban for keeping the fight alive with a heavy price. But Taliban did not 'defeat' the USA.

HI,

The US does not fight wars to win---ie is win in the conventional sense of the word---.

The US just decimates the enemy and then walks away.

The rest of the world has yet to learn that---.

Hi,

there was no strategic gain over here. There were some new weapons to test---. But then the evangelical christians thought that the afghans---non taliban afghans could be converted to christianity---.

That is why there were quite a few preaching parties were sent.

Hi,

there was no strategic gain over here. There were some new weapons to test---. But then the evangelical christians thought that the afghans---non taliban afghans could be converted to christianity---.

That is why there were quite a few preaching parties were sent.
I was not aware of plans to proselytize the population. It is not possible given the region and it's history. Just thought Americans were falling over a sword with their delusional nation building exercise :laugh:

I was not aware of plans to proselytize the population. It is not possible given the region and it's history. Just thought Americans were falling over a sword with their delusional nation building exercise :laugh:

Hi,

The game plan changed on about day 7-10 of start of war when OBL was allowed to escape.

Nation building was a front---missionary work was the actual reason---till the day came they realized that it won't work---. They thought that the afghans would feel obligated from being freed of taliban rule and may find the way of the Christ the rightful way---. Oh well.

The Chinese copy of the Russian engine was overhauled for too short a time? ? Which Russian engine are you talking about? Can you clarify so that I can check what you said? ?

The internal fuel range of the jf-17 exceeds that of Mirage 2000 and MiG-29. You mean Mirage 2000, MiG-29's range is not as good as MiG-21? ?
The WS15 time between overhaul is said to be nearly 400 hours, and may be less, when those of Saturn AL 31 is 1000 hours.

Mirage 2000 is a short legs bird, as Mig 29. Mirage 2000 only had a decent range with MICA missile, under the main frame, allowing the use of 2 under wings tanks.

Mr Shahid Latif India has more options get out of day dreams Rafales are second to none your beloved lockhead martin corp has offered India their best F 35 ightning II

No it has not and I don’t know why you still claim this fake BS? it’s just a stupid fan made video

The WS15 time between overhaul is said to be nearly 400 hours, and may be less, when those of Saturn AL 31 is 1000 hours.

Mirage 2000 is a short legs bird, as Mig 29. Mirage 2000 only had a decent range with MICA missile, under the main frame, allowing the use of 2 under wings tanks.

The WS-15 isn’t out of the box, but you already know it’s TBO specifications?! Care to explain where you got this from?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom