What's new

President of Bangladesh confirms 16 MRCA, 8 attack helicopter and 6 BD built frigates on live TV

Great news. I dont care if it's F-16 Blk 50/52 or the J-10CE just that 16 MRCA being confirmed. My only hope is that it doesn't stop here because 16 is not nearly enough for BD. And the 8 attack helis, are they Apaches?

The 6 Frigate project will most probably go to China and be based on 054A. Will be an amazing deterrence for BoB!

Almost certainly F-16 and Apache as US and BD have been negotiating for this. Perfect way to neutralise Myanmar with these two acquisitions.

Frigate will likely go to China, it will use Type-054A hull but maybe cut down AESA MFR radar from Type-052D and 32 cell universal VLS.

Great times ahead for BD military this decade!

You cannot as you are not that strong and have China and Pakistan to also worry about.
BD is building a military ready to bitch-slap you if required.
China has better things to do than worry about Bangladesh. If they are so capable why aren't they taking from India what they claim to be theirs.
Pakistan would feign protest but inside they'll laugh at you. And you will be toast. Lol.

India has been spending on average $50 billion dollars a year on defence for past 10 years. If India does threaten, Bangladeshis should know that it is the end of Bangladesh. India will not by the way. It's not in its nature. If it wanted it would have done long time back.

Well, with all the might of US- Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan are still standing. I think we will be fine In Sha Allah.

What can you do? Launch a nuke? How will you protect your people from the nuclear fall out?

When any country purchases any military equipment, they do it based on threat assessment. For us, the conventional threats to our sovereignty is India and Myanmar. Which is exactly why you see people discussing the procurement relative to our perceived threats.

So you can now stop with your 50 billion dollars mumbo jumbo and attempt to derail the thread.

On topic-

How are you guys so certain its F 16? Although I am not complaining. (Would have loved Typhoons though).

The last report that came out on BD request to purchase from US was only for attack helos. Apparently we didn't request to buy jets from US. Or am I missing something?

Lol. If you launch those up on India. There won't be Bangladesh no more. So much idiocy on this thread, my god.

But guess what. We shot dead 16 of your soldiers in 2001 and that's just official figures reported lol
Recently we shot dead one of your soldiers.
With so much Lund up your crack hole that's why you really don't make sense

Only your malnourished soldiers are able to kill women, kids, peasants

Last edited:
With the US platform BD is going to go to WesternCamp @StormBreaker

Meaning also to be aligned to Gangu interests....

Hopefully, BD can strike a balance and keep both China and US close... alienating one at the cost of the other.... no good strategy....

BD needs at least 120 new fighters to have some sense of sovereign alure!
There is no confirmation about F-16 tho...

However, yes, given that myanmar on north is in chinese camp

With the US platform BD is going to go to WesternCamp @StormBreaker

Meaning also to be aligned to Gangu interests....

Hopefully, BD can strike a balance and keep both China and US close... alienating one at the cost of the other.... no good strategy....

BD needs at least 120 new fighters to have some sense of sovereign alure!
And also that Bangladesh coast can provide USN and IN some more area to play in, keeping PLAN in check but PLAN gifted vessels to BN so not anytime soon.

Well, with all the might of US- Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan are still standing. I think we will be fine In Sha Allah.

What can you do? Launch a nuke? How will you protect your people from the nuclear fall out?

When any country purchases any military equipment, they do it based on threat assessment. For us, the conventional threats to our sovereignty is India and Myanmar. Which is exactly why you see people discussing the procurement relative to our perceived threats.

So you can now stop with your 50 billion dollars mumbo jumbo and attempt to derail the thread.

On topic-

How are you guys so certain its F 16? Although I am not complaining. (Would have loved Typhoons though).

The last report that came out on BD request to purchase from US was only for attack helos. Apparently we didn't request to buy jets from US. Or am I missing something?
Such an illogical rant. US for all its might never tried to occupy any of those lands.

But guess what. We shot dead 16 of your soldiers in 2001 and that's just official figures reported lol
Recently we shot dead one of your soldiers.
With so much Lund up your crack hole that's why you really don't make sense

Only your malnourished soldiers are able to kill women, kids, peasants
Oh please, thank heavens India chose peace. Otherwise you know how many border killings India done over the years since then.

China has better things to do than worry about Bangladesh. If they are so capable why aren't they taking from India what they claim to be theirs.
Pakistan would feign protest but inside they'll laugh at you. And you will be toast. Lol.

Nope I am not talking about any direct assistance from either Pakistan or China.

The fact is that you have border disputes with both countries(Kashmir for Pakistan and South Tibet for China).

You would have to leave substantial forces behind to face Pakistan and China while you fight BD. BD is building up enough military resources that you could not even be sure you would win and so deterrence would have been achieved.

Most probably F-16 from USA. Recently govt. signed 2 defence agreement with United States required for transferring advanced defence equipment.
Isn't it supposed to take a few years for those deals to be cemented?

Any chance the might be EFT's? Perhaps Su 30s as well.

Isn't it supposed to take a few years for those deals to be cemented?

Any chance the might be EFT's? Perhaps Su 30s as well.

Yes, if its US sourced, BD isn't getting anything for a few years.

But still its good to hear specific numbers from official sources.

I hope not.

F-16s would almost certainly be refurbished Block 50/52s as US is very unlikely to sell the Block 70 model to BD. They could be in BD within 12-18 months of contract signature.
In some ways buying refurbished F-16s makes sense as they will be cheap to buy and buying brand new 4+ gen fighters in 2020 means that they will become pretty obsolete half-way through their 30 year lifespan.
US is going to be decommissioning 100s of F-16 Block 50/52 with 10-15 year service life left in them over the next few years and so it makes sense to sell them to countries like BD.

IMO BD should also operate heavy UAVs for counter air ops with SOW.

CM-102 Anti radiation
C-705KD anti-ship missile
C-701 AGM
DrIvVlhX0AAFngc.jpg

@UKBengali
I can give further reasoning if you require.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom