What's new

Bangladesh Might Be The Next Stop For LCA Tejas

NETRA
IAF had said it was going to buy 6 additional systems back in 2010 with a projected requirement of 20 more.
3 EBM-145 were delivered to DRDO starting 2011. The first NETRA had its trials with AESA during 2013, but was handed over to IAF in 2017, and then the second NETRA was handed over in 2019. 3rd NETRA remians with DRDO for testing.
So delivering 2 to IAF while taking 4 years for first and 6 for second out of a projected requirment of 26+ (in 2010) is very good.
moving on,
Akash
2 Regiments (12 Batteries) ordered 2011, First Battery Inducted 2015, 6 of 12 Batteries inducted till 2018. Thats is 6 batteries delivered in 4 Years, poor performance and maintenance issues especially with IAF. See news attached below.
Tejas MK II ,
? Mk I isnt fully inducted so no hopes on it for next 10 years or so given the TEJAS I took 30+ years which is common time span for India.
Wrong statistics 📊

whats wrong ? please correct me ?
What you have said:
NETRA
IAF had said it was going to buy 6 additional systems back in 2010 with a projected requirement of 20 more.
3 EBM-145 were delivered to DRDO starting 2011. The first NETRA had its trials with AESA during 2013, but was handed over to IAF in 2017, and then the second NETRA was handed over in 2019. 3rd NETRA remians with DRDO for testing.

Fact: https://www.indiandefencetimes.com/iaf-will-soon-add-29-netra-awec-platform-to-combat-two-front-war/

So delivering 2 to IAF while taking 4 years for first and 6 for second out of a projected requirment of 26+ (in 2010) is very good.
moving on,
Akash
2 Regiments (12 Batteries) ordered 2011, First Battery Inducted 2015, 6 of 12 Batteries inducted till 2018. Thats is 6 batteries delivered in 4 Years, poor performance and maintenance issues especially with IAF. See news attached below.

Fact:
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
India
  • Indian Air Force — Eight squadrons in service, seven more ordered.[64][97] Each squadron contains 125 missiles.
  • Indian Army — Two regiments ordered, with deliveries starting in 2015. Two more are planned to be ordered. Each regiment comprises 6 launchers.
Tejas MK II ,
? Mk I isnt fully inducted so no hopes on it for next 10 years or so given the TEJAS I took 30+ years which is common time span for India.
F27F5E42-ABBA-4404-A084-7E18F3806A44.jpeg

2 squadrons of Tejas MK1 are operational, deal for 83 MK1A will be signed next month.

What you have said:
NETRA

Fact: https://www.indiandefencetimes.com/iaf-will-soon-add-29-netra-awec-platform-to-combat-two-front-war/

moving on,
Akash

Fact:
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
India
  • Indian Air Force — Eight squadrons in service, seven more ordered.[64][97] Each squadron contains 125 missiles.
  • Indian Army — Two regiments ordered, with deliveries starting in 2015. Two more are planned to be ordered. Each regiment comprises 6 launchers.
Tejas MK II ,
View attachment 690741

2 squadrons of Tejas MK1 are operational, deal for 83 MK1A will be signed next month.

lol
Firstly the news you attached for NETRA is totally fake , no other outlet reported it in 2020 , why because it isnt from 2020 but from 2010, see below

In 2010 it was projected that inaddition to first 3 AWACS , 6 more would be delivered from 2010-2015 with a order for 20 more, making total 29 AWACS ( same as the fake news you quoted )
Obviously that never happened , DRDO failed to deliver more than 1 AWACS in that time span of (2010-2015). So AGAIN OUT OF A PROJECTED REQUIRMENT OF 29 ONLY 3 WERE DELIVERED.
Any news of IAF aquiring NETRAs is totally false, especially since they would need to purchase Embraer planes first.

Moving on , Akash ,
IAF has 8 Squadrons on order but of those how much has been delivered is the real question. Alot of bases have Akash SAM Site setup but no batteries in sat imagery indicating Akash hasnt been delivered yet,
Secondly the figure i gave in the first message is of only Army Akash , which according to your MOD report had only 6/12 batteries delivered in 2018 , with deliveries since 2015, so my point is true there.

Next , Tejas , it was inducted in 2016 not 15 ,

but its development took too much time and it was cleared for Operations in 2020

thats alot , and i dont see the 83 Tejas order any time soon , its been going on since years that they will buy 83 planes, no order has been made , even then if you still want to add Tejas 2 for export for bangladesh than its going to take atleast 25 years ( 10 years for dev as compared to 20 for Tejas 1 + 15 years for flight testing ) ( + more years if you want to add time in which when Tejas was cleared for operations)

Back
Top Bottom