What's new

Bangladesh Might Be The Next Stop For LCA Tejas

A fighter which is not completely inducted and operational in its own air force.
Moreover despite of AESA radar, it is deployed for secondary roles which shows its operational envelop.
Any sane air force will not consider it for front line roles.

Sir you forget to read above line its all about MRCA OR LCA TEJAS MK-2
LCA TEJAS MK-2 is still single engine.
Bangladesh if decides can easily get a complete airforce package from India with full TOT....

2 squadrons of Tejas MkII, Netra awacs and AKASH air defense batteries..... a deadly yet a cost effective complete package with complete autonomy from the neighbour next door.....

We do not have enough production capacity for Tejas to start exporting it.

Both Rafale and EFT sending RFPs. Bangladesh well and truly have crossed us. Congrats folks! You lot deserve it for concentrating on your economy first.

I thought a jet needs to be in full production for it it to be delivered to some Air Force.
The Tejas Mk-1 isn’t worth buying. Wasn’t even worth buying for the IAF and IN.
The MK-1A is actually a pretty decent jet, but that won’t arrive till mid 2023 for the IAF which means it’ll take even longer for the BAF while other, better and most cost effective options are more readily and easily available. The MK-2, if it arrives in time and is actually what they speculate it will be, will be a very good jet. But that’s even further away. 2026 at least.
Furthermore, one MK-1A costs the IAF 39 million USD without spares and maintenance. Which is overpriced for the size and capability, it still makes sense for the IAF and IN to buy that since it’s a Semi-Indigenous product, not sure how much sense it’d make for BAF.

As far as I know, LCA Tejas are single engine fighter jets. The author needs to stop taking the readers as idiots and not try soo hard to forward his foolish pitch.

Article was fine with two-three tiny mistakes until the Tejas part. I think he is talking about the single engine MRCA requirement of BAF in that part and by "other countries" he probably meant China, USA etc as single engine MRCA contenders. Tejas will not come that's for sure as Bangladesh mainly buys from A and B countries. The aircraft has Israeli components and MK-1A will not delivered to IAF till 2023. The author was just purely speculative about the Tejas.

List of countries by DGDP

1605686977869.png

Good to know, I had no idea. I always thought it was Myanmar that was the troublemaker for BD.

A bit off topic but...How is the BN? Considering BD has such small landmass and so much wetland/ocean area Navy is of utmost importance imo.
Myanmar is a distraction if anything.
BN is doing great, 5 patrol crafts after that corvettes in the yard... getting second hand frigates, evaluation for new frigates still ongoing, base construction etc. they’re busy af
now these countries still still doing it through world bank and IMF
And not the bomb and military spending? -_-
You guys had 70 years head start and will still blame IMF and world bank and the looting?
We don’t buy any military hardware from India. When they can sell, we make. what they can’t we buy from others. Author is delusional and from yesterday’s comments which have been cleaned up... so are members in pdf

Article was fine with two-three tiny mistakes until the Tejas part. I think he is talking about the single engine MRCA requirement of BAF in that part and by "other countries" he probably meant China, USA etc as single engine MRCA contenders. Tejas will not come that's for sure as Bangladesh mainly buys from A and B countries. The aircraft has Israeli components and MK-1A will not delivered to IAF till 2023. The author was just purely speculative about the Tejas.

List of countries by DGDP

View attachment 688995
Did BD ever bought any kind of weaps from Indonesia?

Did BD ever bought any kind of weaps from Indonesia?

Yes, We bought X-12 HSB with ToT from you and now we build them in DEW for BN and BCG as Stingray class HSPB. Army bought unknown number of SS2-V5 from PT Pindad. You participated in our medium tank competition with Kaplan tank.

And now you might participate in fixed wing transport aircraft tender with your C-235 for our army aviation. There's a strong possibility for army to send it's current C-295 and future C-295/235 to Indonesia for overhaul/maintenance as it mentioned in tender that participants should have maintenance facility in Asian region. @Indos

Back
Top Bottom