What's new

Pakistanis should take up Yoga

Status
Not open for further replies.
read the entier thread and understand the context in which i said poor dont have time and sources for such luxury.

as far the farts since you are fond of smelling these i suggest you consult a doctor for this mental disorder

Yoga is not considered a luxury in India, anyone can learn it through teachers, sadhus or TV shows etc. Even the religious people even if poor of any background joins local sadhus for religious sermons and they too teach yoga along with the sermons. The only issue is interest.

So the vegetable vendors I mentioned are rich??? I saw them with my own eyes.. no one earn bread at 6 AM, apart from call center mate. I am just requesting to hold our opinion if you don't know about it, you are an Elite member so you should carry that with you. Sadhu's are not rich and they do it all the time at Rishikesh, Haridwar etc etc.

read the entier thread and understand the context in which i said poor dont have time and sources for such luxury.

as far the farts since you are fond of smelling these i suggest you consult a doctor for this mental disorder

Most of the Pakistanis just like most of the poor Indians dont know about yoga , my guess. Nothing to do with hinduism or any ism .

Nobody has enough time to spare costly hours for yoga but only elite classes and that is happening in Pakistan.

Else everyone is busy earing bread.

anyway those who can afford yoga should do it nobody can stop him or her.

on the sidelines Pray five times a a day and you will get solace/peace of mind/ mediation as well as exercise.
well i don`t know about pakistan ..but i am sure in india , it is personal decision to begin with yoga , most of the youngster think it is boring and time consuming procedure so they avoid it ...but while travelling length and breadth of my country , what i noticed is that in places like guruvayur,hampi,nashik,ujjain,maheshwar,varanasi,prayag,vrindavan,chitrakoot,rishikesh etc etc
you don`t need to be rich or elite ..just all you need is a right GURU
there are millions of poor indians who benefit from yoga,meditation and ayurveda ...as so called modern medicine is still out of their reach.

Most of the Pakistanis just like most of the poor Indians dont know about yoga , my guess. Nothing to do with hinduism or any ism .

Nobody has enough time to spare costly hours for yoga but only elite classes and that is happening in Pakistan.

on the sidelines Pray five times a a day and you will get solace/peace of mind/ mediation as well as exercise.
well i don`t know about pakistan ..but i am sure in india , it is personal decision to begin with yoga , most of the youngster think it is boring and time consuming procedure so they avoid it ...but while travelling length and breadth of my country , what i noticed is that in places like guruvayur,hampi,nashik,ujjain,maheshwar,varanasi,prayag,vrindavan,chitrakoot,rishikesh etc etc
you don`t need to be rich or elite ..just all you need is a right GURU ..money doesn`t matter.
there are millions of poor indians who benefit from yoga,meditation and ayurveda ...as so called modern medicine is still out of their reach.

They don't believe the seal depicts a yoga posture.

If you could provide links and I want know why they don't believe so, why they believe its some harvest deity. I believe only Indians or Indian inspired cultures across the Asia use such posture depicted in the seal.

There are historians with conflicting views. But I can't believe the point that posture represent harvest deity or plant, how they reached such conclusion.

One of the IVC statues shows woman wearing bangles across whole arm instead of just wrist, many Hindu women in Sindh and Rajasthan and other places still wear bangles in same fashion. Same way the great Bath shows too much resembles with Ghats. And Even seals containing Swastika had been found in Indus valley.

If you could provide links and I want know why they don't believe so, why they believe its some harvest deity. I believe only Indians or Indian inspired cultures across the Asia use such posture depicted in the seal.

There are historians with conflicting views. But I can't believe the point that posture represent harvest deity or plant, how they reached such conclusion.

One of the IVC statues shows woman wearing bangles across whole arm instead of just wrist, many Hindu women in Sindh and Rajasthan and other places still wear bangles in same fashion. Same way the great Bath shows too much resembles with Ghats. And Even seals containing Swastika had been found in Indus valley.

You'll have to search the web for these historians' works. I have seen Farmer's work and these others are quoted as being against the yoga interpretation.

As for the postures, once again, similar postures appear all over prehistory, from Egypt to Mexico. They are not unique to the Indian subcontinent.

And the swastika is also a common symbol in prehistory, including in Mesopotamia. It is, essentially, a stylized wheel, symbolizing the cyclical nature of life.

You'll have to search the web for these historians' works. I have seen Farmer's work and these others are quoted as being against the yoga interpretation.

As for the postures, once again, similar postures appear all over prehistory, from Egypt to Mexico. They are not unique to the Indian subcontinent.

And the swastika is also a common symbol in prehistory, including in Mesopotamia.

Tell me you could find any meditation like posture from other civiliations as mentioned in the seal.

I run 7 KM daily before dawn in about 40 minutes. I find this more relaxing and bringing positive energy. Everyone should try it.

Tell me you could find any meditation like posture from other civiliations as mentioned in the seal.

Olmec (ancient Mexico)

581013_502622136471619_1513493501_n.jpg

Today Yoga is popular through out the world, especially the west, it was invented in our land (Indus valley) most pakistanis probably dont even know this

Yoga is amazing, I have been doing it for 2 years, it defiantly brings postive energy to your body and keeps you calm and young. We dont have to read any hindu mantras, I am talking about the actual exercise. Please Pakistanis, take back your wonderful history and learn from it, the world surely is. If only our mullahs didn't declare everything haram, we would be somewhere else today

It was invented in parts which are part of modern day India.

Olmec (ancient Mexico)

581013_502622136471619_1513493501_n.jpg

The hands are not straight, while the two seals contains straight hands, keeping straight hand during meditation is a key posture in yoga that differentiate it from normal sitting as shown in the image above.

Old people cant do what u can,,,for them Yoga & Tai Chi is the best,,

I run 7 KM every daily before dawn in about 40 minutes. I find this more relaxing and bringing positive energy. Everyone should try it.

Don't knw about Pakistanis but most ( more than most infact)of the Indians know about yoga ,,(Poor in what context i dont know)
People like "Baba Ramdev" are doing great job, where basic yoga is trained for free,which is more than enough for leading a health life.

This is what Islam preaches, to stay away from kufrs!!!! Because Islam knows to much familiarity with Kufr religion would make the believer abandon his\her religion.

Correction!

What you say is what "islamists" preach.

Like the black faced Anjum choudhry.

And you my dear are parroting his words.

Shameful indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom