What's new

The delusion of identity

Status
Not open for further replies.
@A Town And mind you in America, majority of the Italians speak Italians, Majority of the Hispanic speak Spanish...shows you how much they forgot, huh?

Everyone is aware of their ancestry...most of America is divided in such a way to make sure people know who was from where! The whole country lives on borrowed words, culture and language! They are damn proud of it! Unlike you people who call it "delusion" which you people have that foreign people can not integrate, accept or even influence a nation! A very stupid thought mind you...very intellectually backward!

No offence taken but influencing cant be done without embracing....so I hit the nail on the head....only you didnt get it!

Plus why would one's culture influence America if they have forgotten it? read post 453
You are posting inventions of German Americans in the 1800's when they where recent immigrants, I was asking for examples of embracing culture today when they have completely left that culture. Do you understand the difference.

Again you are getting confused, how can you be sure that all Pakistanis are descended from Arabs, Persians etc?
Most likely very few are. And then you started posting articles about Hispanics and That stuff completely forgetting the context. If you are going to debate at least understand the context and read exactly what I said.
I never said all...now look whose confused! How is that forgetting the context which is identity delusion? I believe you dont even understand what you are talking about!

You are posting inventions of German Americans in the 1800's when they where recent immigrants, I was asking for examples of embracing culture today when they have completely left that culture. Do you understand the difference.
I gave you everything from school system to santa clause to easter bunny ...sorry you read what you like! Hence I need not waste my time on selective readers!

Oh yes tell the author he didnt understand your question bout German culture in America.....tell him you want to see them embrace without influencing anything...

As for Italians read post 467

@A Town And mind you in America, majority of the Italians speak Italians, Majority of the Hispanic speak Spanish...shows you how much they forgot, huh?
I'm trying to tell you the difference of recent immigration and historic immigration.
Hispanics all started coming to USA in the last 30 years, OF COURSE THEY WILL SPEAK SPANISH!!
Italians came in the 20's so a few will still speak Italian.

I'm trying to tell you the difference of recent immigration and historic immigration.
Hispanics all started coming to USA in the last 30 years, OF COURSE THEY WILL SPEAK SPANISH!!
Italians came in the 20's so a few will still speak Italian.
Maybe you are not reading any of my posts...why bother "discussing" with one who is 1 eye blind? Quote me when you have read my posts! I made the numbers (when people came in) and important words (influences) bold....

German culture and the influence in the American colonies 1600 - 1800

Exactly, but look how far back you have too go? At least 6000 years when Indians became Hindus as we know it while we only need to go back 1000 to 500 years or maybe even less when Pakistanis became Muslim.
Islam first came to India with Arab traders as early as 7th century AD ..Not sure which century you live in or whose your history teacher...

Most Pakistanis here seem very proud of their roots and their connection to the "Cradle of Civilization" known as the IVC, which existed almost entirely within the borders of modern-day Pakistan.
Culture is not some thing tangible which you can carry or own but its a part of your life.
I see no correlation of IVC with present day Pakistani but we inherited that way of life.
Palestinians/ Israelis are not purest of Christians even though the live in Birth place of Jesus

I g
Maybe you are not reading any of my posts...why bother "discussing" with one who is 1 eye blind? Quote me when you have read my posts! I made the numbers (when people came in) and important words (influences) bold....

Islam first came to India with Arab traders as early as 7th century AD ..Not sure which century you live in or whose your history teacher...
Arab traders where in Kerela and Bengal at that time, that's not Pakistan.

I g

Arab traders where in Kerela and Bengal at that time, that's not Pakistan.
And they couldnt move or did the Kerela and Bengali people kidnap them?? Or/and are you telling me Kerela and Bengali never left their home towns ever?!

Back then there were no visa issues.....and people moved alot due to some incident or another...and traders always move

Islam arrived in 11th century to coastal Gujarat. Islam arrived in north India in 12th century with Turkic invasions and has since become a part of India's religious and cultural heritage. Over the Centuries, there has been significant integration of Hindu and Muslim cultures across India and the Muslims have played a prominent role in India's economic rise and cultural influence...

Still doesnt make up 500-1000 yrs...I am def sure you are in another era!

Culture is not some thing tangible which you can carry or own but its a part of your life.
I see no correlation of IVC with present day Pakistani but we inherited that way of life.
Palestinians/ Israelis are not purest of Christians even though the live in Birth place of Jesus

Come to Pakistan and you will see the culture is still present. Read more about it, you can google it. And IVC were not hindus lol. Pakistanis were never majority hindus, some part of population converted from bhudism to ganga hindusism thanks to Gupta Empire.

Otherwise ganga hindus are alien to Pakistan, no wonder now days there are less punjabi hindus then even sikhs which is 300 years old religion. And even now many punjabi hindus try to be different from Ganga Hindus, they have created their own religion called Arya Samaj, read about it.

Punjabis were never interested in Ganga hinduism much, they stayed away from filth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom