What's new

Pakistanis should take up Yoga

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

It's nonsense bro.

You have no idea if the story existed 1500+ years ago. It definitely wasn't before the Indus civ, that is for certain. These things occurred when the center of civ was shifting from the Indus to the gangetic plain.

To tell you Hindusm is a mixture of concepts from south and North, And giving credit to some nomadic tribes who migrated from Mountains in North west to India is absurd.

There is civilization before Indus valley and there are evidences and the oral traditions existed before Indus valley civilization. The ancient city in Dwaraka is an example, some cities under sea are also found in South India which are older than IVC, To be honest I do not believe any thing British told about Indian History and Aryan Invasion theory, they are here to undermine Hinduism and India.

This proves the fact that Yoga seal(if it is) which was found in Indus Valley will not establish the fact that Pakistan was the birth place of Yoga.

I honestly think they are.

As a subjective interpretation that's fine, but cross legged and yoga-like poses are not uncommon in prehistoric art around the world.

Anyway, let's return to the benefits of yoga...

It is to point out that the IVC seals are not considered to be yoga poses by most historians. Nothing more than that.

Which historian? Can you name please. Are they Pakistanis who always try to prove two nation theory since Indus valley civilization. How they reach such hypothesis?

Yoga was developed during a period of many centuries not by a single person. The one in the seal, such type of meditation exist in Yoga inspiring Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

To tell you Hindusm is a mixture of concepts from south and North, And giving credit to some nomadic tribes who migrated from Mountains in North west to India is absurd.

There is civilization before Indus valley and there are evidences and the oral traditions existed before Indus valley civilization. The ancient city in Dwaraka is an example, some cities under sea are also found in South India, To be honest I do not believe any thing British told about Indian History and Aryan Invasion theory, they are here to undermine Hinduism and India.

This proves the fact that Yoga seal(if it is) which was found in Indus Valley will not establish the fact that Pakistan was the birth place of Yoga.

Nooonnnnseeennnnseeeee bbbbrrrooooooo

yawn.png

Anys, go back to yoga poses, gn.

From Patanjali onwards, we are OK. But links to the IVC are pure conjecture.

Rigveda gave information about Yoga while Patanjali came centuries later. Yoga evolved during centuries and has origin in Indus valley civilization. Not just Yoga, there are many cultural tradition of modern Indians that can be traced to Indus valley civilization.

There are a lot. My mother teaches Yoga in a local garden at 6 AM every morning. It's free and everyone joins there... from vegetable vendor to Elite people (as you call them). I am too lazy to do yoga, but trust me in a City like ahmedabad wherever there are gardens there are definitely laughter clubs, rekke and yoga. All are welcome to these open gathering hindu, muslim, sikh, christians, atheists etc etc, with money, no money, young lads, old ladies etc etc... everyone joins... whoever wants to be fit. Actually Yoga doesn't require weight and pumps so it's more for poor people.

Troll: I can just smell you brain farts and trust me it is smelly.

you must have smelled your own fart as braind farts dont smell otherwise entire PDF would have suffocated fromm Indian brain farts.

by the way how many Indian poor take yoga?

He is claiming that Yoga appeared only in middle ages, but its a historical fact that Lord Buddha was doing meditation in Bodh Gaya during 500BC. Even the most ancient Hindu text Rigveda mentions about Yoga meditation.

I just posted the most vocal critic, but you are right that he seems unreasonably Indophobic. Other critics, like Gavin Flood and John Keay, are more balanced.

There are a lot. My mother teaches Yoga in a local garden at 6 AM every morning. It's free and everyone joins there... from vegetable vendor to Elite people (as you call them). I am too lazy to do yoga, but trust me in a City like ahmedabad wherever there are gardens there are definitely laughter clubs, rekke and yoga. All are welcome to these open gathering hindu, muslim, sikh, christians, atheists etc etc, with money, no money, young lads, old ladies etc etc... everyone joins... whoever wants to be fit. Actually Yoga doesn't require weight and pumps so it's more for poor people.

Troll: I can just smell you brain farts and trust me it is smelly.

read the entier thread and understand the context in which i said poor dont have time and sources for such luxury.

as far the farts since you are fond of smelling these i suggest you consult a doctor for this mental disorder

I just posted the most vocal critic, but you are right that he seems unreasonably Indophobic. Other critics, like Gavin Flood and John Keay, are more balanced.

What was the opinion of other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom