What's new

one liner threads & Copy Paste threads of entire Article/ Blogs

Irfan Baloch

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Members must really stop creating one liner threads
and the threads that are actually a copy paste of an entire article from a Blog etc.
they dont even have an input from thread opener's opening comments or reasons why he is posting that or whats his take.

such threads seem to be a quest to increase the count of new threads.
this must be avoided either add a paragraph or a summary why you feel compelled to reproduce the entire contents of someone's blog and then its relevance to the forum and then your take.

Applicable to blogs exclusively ?

Applicable to blogs exclusively ?

that was just an example. applicable to news items too.
imagine you make an Indian News channel and start broadcasting the entire Fox News
or a political discussion program that starts reading the something on CNN or BBC program in its entirety

if one gives an opening narrative and some perspective why such need to copy paste this article then that is better. actually best bit is take few sections of the article/ News or blog and give your observations and then give the link of the main source if some wants to read the whole article.

these are just my thoughts

that was just an example. applicable to news items too.
imagine you make an Indian News channel and start broadcasting the entire Fox News
or a political discussion program that starts reading the something on CNN or BBC program in its entirety

if one gives an opening narrative and some perspective why such need to copy paste this article then that is better. actually best bit is take few sections of the article/ News or blog and give your observations and then give the link of the main source if some wants to read the whole article.

these are just my thoughts

Agreed. That also takes care some copyright issues. I have seen this thing being enforced on other forums as well.

and the threads that are actually a copy paste of an entire article from a Blog etc.
they dont even have an input from thread opener's opening comments or reasons why he is posting that or whats his take.

this must be avoided either add a paragraph or a summary why you feel compelled to reproduce the entire contents of someone's blog and then its relevance to the forum and then your take.

Sometimes if I agree with the article I post it without commenting on it. However, if I disagree with the article I explicitly state so.

What I hate is when people post articles for the purpose of trolling and then say that the article doesn't necessarily represent their views.

Sometimes if I agree with the article I post it without commenting on it. However, if I disagree with the article I explicitly state so.

What I hate is when people post articles for the purpose of trolling and then say that the article doesn't necessarily represent their views.

haha and i hate when people post youtube video without telling what its all about. A brief introduction is also fine but they must write something to begin with

I am sick of threads being created with copy and pasted blog posts from bloggers who have no credibility whatsoever and then are presented as fact in the threads posted on here.

Birbal my dear wise friend, you nailed it.

Agreed. That also takes care some copyright issues. I have seen this thing being enforced on other forums as well.

totally agreed.

Is this specifically to target "Lankan Ranger". He is one guy who has rarely disclosed his views on the topic.
He is an enigma to me. :)

On topic: Yeah, I always wanted people to write a line or two when they start a thread. At least give reference to where it came from.

haha and i hate when people post youtube video without telling what its all about. A brief introduction is also fine but they must write something to begin with

I skip those threads. I rarely click those links. Give me a summary paragraph instead of telling me to watch a half hour video.

Most relevant.

Ppl invariably C&P anything that they feel would either create a stir or get them a " thanks'.

Often you would see that the poster adds nothing to the thread beyond post No 1. whereas he ought to take ownership for the thread - at least partially.

It may be worth considering adding a tab after the one that says " Start a new thread' where the poster is expected to add a few words ( not from a drop down menu) on why he considers the thread to be relevant.

The point abt scanning to see if the subject is already under discussion would also help.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom