What's new

A report in "The Hindu" on Pakistan & Jinnah in August,1947.Copy & Paste .

When I read and understand more about Jinnah respect for him increases..............if he was So Secular why did he go for Partition & different Country for Muslims..........

because it was to be a country BY Muslims and for Muslims and non-Muslims to practice freely -- free from discrimination and political biases

now obviously we've deviated from that path and we haven't had any leaders like Jinnah Sahib since then but that's a seperate issue and that goes down to the people to sift through and find the proper person/people to lead

as for respect for Jinnah Sahib - there's nothing about him that CANT be respected. Leaders all around the world respected him, as they respected gandhi

Partition, incidentally, was the will of the people.

p.s. to the OP -- please a a better cut and paste job. the article was a PAIN in the ARSE to read....copy and paste it into word and do proper formatting so that all the lines are used and you dont have to scroll 10 pages to see two words every line

Dont know if it was the goal of the muslim community that resulted in his goal or the other way round.. That is something we will never know

Yes, it could have been both ways. Hindu leaders may have also wanted to lower the Muslim population who were averse to building a modern society based on pluralism. However, India was divided in such a way that the east and west Pakistan controlled important link east and west of the now India. So, I am not very sure if partition of India was really sought by the Hindu leaders.

Note one point. During the course of long years of partition struggle the Muslim League wanted a kind of Federation with a total of three DEFINED land masses which the Congress Party rejected. This gave the Muslim leaders an opportunity to struggle for a separate homeland. India was not divided in one night and by only one person. It was a long process.

As per your post Pakistan got independence one day before India for valid reasons mentioned by you, but thats actually not true. India and pakistan both got their independence on 15th, but Pakistan celebrates it on 14th august, my question is why?

Jinha said: "This Flag is
not the flag of
any one political party
or community.
It is the Flag of the
Pakistan nation and
the State which is to
come into existence
on August 15."

Exactly. Thats my point, why do they celebrate it on 14th?

It is not bullshit at all. Look, there was really confusion across both the countries in the first few days on what date each got independence. So, whatever Jinnah said during that time of that confusion, both London and British Delhi recognized the new entity Pakistan on 14th August.

And the reason is what I have described above. Indians (all of us) without any profound knowledge of international politics were novice in the field of legalities in those days, but the British were certainly not. Recognition of a new country is certainly an important factor.

Im not dragging anybody just saying the truth...

P.S: Its funny to see indians insulting our Great Father with BS stories they pull out from their rear.

Why do not you call Jinnah what Jinnah was? Why do you want to see him what you want to see him like? It seems you are trying to wrapping Jinnah with Islamic fundamentalism. Jinnah was not even a practicing Muslim, telling you because you may not know it. But, does it matter if he was a secular personality and was, in reality, a Pakka Saheb?

It is not bullshit at all. Look, there was really confusion across both the countries in the first few days on what date each got independence. So, whatever Jinnah said during that time of that confusion, both London and British Delhi recognized the new entity Pakistan on 14th August.

And the reason is what I have described above. Indians (all of us) without any profound knowledge of international politics were novice in the field of legalities in those days, but the British were certainly not. Recognition of a new country is certainly an important factor.

I found the reference of 14th August as the Independence of Pakistan as below. But, it is not exactly what I have described.

India and Pakistan celebrate Independence Day - Telegraph

India and Pakistan celebrate Independence Day

Pakistan Rangers Director General, Major General Mian Mohammad Hilal Hussain, offers sweets to Indian Border Security Force Deputy Inspector General Sanjeev Bhanot at Wagah border post, to celebrate Independence Day. The two self-governing countries came into existence at midnight on 15 August 1947.

However, Pakistan's Independence Day is celebrated on August 14 and India's on August 15, because in 1947 the ceremonies for the transfer of power were held a day earlier in Pakistan, so that the last British Viceroy, Lord Mountbatten of Burma, could attend the ceremonies in both Pakistan and India.
Picture: AFP/GETTY

well it was good that Pakistan and India got separated! what was bad was the way partition happened. Leaving us enemies for eternity :frown:

I still say that if the Brits actually did something about the subcontinent (instead of leaving it to fend for itself), the Kashmir issue would have never been an issue to begin with.

There is a famouse quote by Mountbatten which says something like , "If I knew Jinnah health, I would have stalled the partition for few more years, so Jinnah could died and India remain united"

So whoever saying Jinnah greed for power led partition. He is obviously an arse

I still say that if the Brits actually did something about the subcontinent (instead of leaving it to fend for itself), the Kashmir issue would have never been an issue to begin with.

Bro Kashmir is like Mecca for hindus. I will remain part of Indian republic no matter what. Even if brits wanted to handover it to Pakistan we would have take it back.

It is still BULL$HIT. And please, do not project your ignorance on everyone else.

Mountbatten signed the documents relating to transfer of power to Pakistan, on 14th Aug, 1947. But the documents came into force on 15th Aug, 1947 in accordance to sec 1(1) of The Indian Independence Act, 1947.

Pakistanis celebrate this signing as their independence day.

Celebration is fine. But, the mind numbing hilarity is that they have begun to consider this, 14th Aug, as their real independence day, when in fact it is 15th Aug. The reason behind this is that they being they, can't possibly be considered to have gotten their independence along with the Indians - those pesky banias - on the same date.

That's blasphemy.

Bro Kashmir is like Mecca for hindus. I will remain part of Indian republic no matter what. Even if brits wanted to handover it to Pakistan we would have take it back.

That's not the issue, the point is that the Brits had a chance to resolve this before it became an issue, but they didn't.

Yes, it could have been both ways. Hindu leaders may have also wanted to lower the Muslim population who were averse to building a modern society based on pluralism. However, India was divided in such a way that the east and west Pakistan controlled important link east and west of the now India. So, I am not very sure if partition of India was really sought by the Hindu leaders.

Note one point. During the course of long years of partition struggle the Muslim League wanted a kind of Federation with a total of three DEFINED land masses which the Congress Party rejected. This gave the Muslim leaders an opportunity to struggle for a separate homeland. India was not divided in one night and by only one person. It was a long process.

Well please be noted that the proposal of a seperate state entirely for Muslims was already proposed by allama iqbal in the 1930s. by the muslim league as were suspicious of the INC who were mostly Hindus in majority.It was just the All india muslim league who were deciding to divide India, and please be informed that there were other Muslim political parties who seriously opposed the idea of partition. But it was the greed of power for both Jinnah and Nehru...

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom