What's new

Mustefa Kemal Ataturk: The greatest Muslim general of the 20th centuary?

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
As, per my reading, i'd consider Mustafa Kemal Pasha, Ataturk the greatest Muslim general of the 20th centuary after General Sultan Fateh Ali Tipu in the 19th Centuary.

280_ataturk_1.jpg

Do you have any more worthy candidate, in the 20th Centuary?
Its one of my wishes, to visit his tomb and pay my respects.

Please discuss....

Ataturk is probably the one that stands out the most having taken on Britain, France, Greece, Italy and Armenia alone at the same and emerging the victor. Most Muslim countries have been colonies for the larger part of the 20th century and once independent havent fought many wars to produce any outstanding generals. The Arab-Israel, Afghanistan and Indo-Pak wars have produced some notable military leaders but none on the level of Ataturk.

100% agree. He won the war against the greatest powers of the time.

its because the ottoman rule had been with turkey, and mustafa kamal actually threw ottomans out as far as i can remember, any general who had that amount of resources would definitely had enough power to throw out english armies and french not to forget ottomans defeated french before

He is undefeated, never lost a battle.

Short video about war of indepence, he was involved too.

Saluut to our invincible commander. Our legendary hero!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mustafa Kemal Pasha's War Record (not entire list)

Battle of Tobruk 1911, Italy vs Ottoman Empire: Ottoman Empire Victory (although Italy won the war after Ottoman Empire surrendered North African territories)

Battle of Megiddo 1918, British Empire/British India and Arab tribes vs Ottoman Empire (German assistance in command): British crushing victory (extremely difficult battle to win for Ottomans)

Battle of Sakarya 1921, Greeks vs Turks: Turkish strategic victory

Battle of Dumlupınar 1922, Greeks vs Turks: Turkish crushing victory

Battle of Çanakkale 1915-16, Allied Powers-Britain, Australia, New Zealand, British India, France vs Ottoman Empire (with German assistance): Heroic Ottoman victory

Battle of Izmir 1922, Kingdom of Greece vs Ottoman Empire: Ottoman crushing victory, end of the Turkish Independence War

From these notable battles his record stands at 5 victories, 1 defeat. I think he was involved in additional battles as a leading officer but these were the main notable battles he led in.

So he did win the majority of his battles and engagements, so he is arguably the best Muslim military commander of the 20th century. Another very impressive officer was Fahreddin Pasha of the Ottoman army very critical in Bulgaria and Middle East theater in WWI.

To be honest I'm actually quite surprised how Mustafa Kemal Pasha managed to escape Megiddo alive.

There is nothing Islamic about AtaTurk he was one of those who pulled out turkey from the facade of religion and gave them a logical identity and politics!

There is nothing Islamic about AtaTurk he was one of those who pulled out turkey from the facade of religion and gave them a logical identity and politics!

Jews like you should stop hiding behind false flags

its because the ottoman rule had been with turkey, and mustafa kamal actually threw ottomans out as far as i can remember, any general who had that amount of resources would definitely had enough power to throw out english armies and french not to forget ottomans defeated french before

The Ottoman Empire had already been defeated when Ataturk raised the flag of rebellion (read about the Treaty of Sevres), so no he did not inherit any resources from the Ottomans. He managed to organize a free Turkish army in North - Central Anatolia and one by one was able to push out the different allies. Sakarya and Dumlupinar are examples in which Ataturk himself led the Turkish army to victory. Prior to this he had also been a successful commander at Gallipoli in which the Ottoman army successfully repulsed the allied landings.

Jews like you should stop hiding behind false flags

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (pronounced [musˈtäfä ceˈmäl ätäˈtyɾc]; 19 May 1881 (Conventional) – 10 November 1938) was an Ottoman and Turkish army officer, revolutionary statesman, writer, and the first President of Turkey. He is credited with being the founder of the Republic of Turkey. His surname, Atatürk (meaning "Father of the Turks"), was granted to him (and forbidden to any other person) in 1934 by the Turkish parliament.
Atatürk was a military officer during World War I.[1] Following the defeat of the Ottoman Empire in World War I, he led the Turkish national movement in the Turkish War of Independence. Having established a provisional government in Ankara, he defeated the forces sent by the Allies. His military campaigns gained Turkey independence. Atatürk then embarked upon a program of political, economic, and cultural reforms, seeking to transform the former Ottoman Empire into a modern, secular and European nation-state. Under his leadership, thousands of new schools were built, primary education was made free and compulsory, while the burden of taxation on peasants was reduced.[2] The principles of Atatürk's reforms, upon which modern Turkey was established, are referred to as Kemalism.

Living in an isolated no-man's land can cause ignorance.

@Farooq Dear, @sombezo is entitled to his opinion, right or wrong as long as they don't violate forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom