What's new

Should The Hagia Sofia become a Mosque?

BTW.. who is Hagia Sofia?
What is the origin of that name for that monument?

Last edited:
the sane report says

"Ibrahim Kalin, a senior Erdogan adviser, said there were no plans to alter the monument's current status.

"Speculation on changing it into a church or a mosque remains speculation. Hagia Sophia has been open to all visitors from Turkey and around the world and will remain so," he said.

Last year, Erdogan said he would not consider changing Hagia Sophia's status as long as another great Istanbul house of worship, the 17th Century Sultan Ahmed Mosque, remains mostly empty of worshippers. Istanbul boasts more than 3,000 mosques."

So it will remain the same which is a better idea

I had luck to watch this beauty 2 years back !!!!!!

ur country do whatever u want .. but dont cry when shit hits the fan !!

ur country do whatever u want .. but dont cry when shit hits the fan !!
Drop your anti muslim attitude for a second and read the statement from PM and his adviser, booth stated clearly that there is no plan to change the current status of Haghia Sophia.

the sane report says "Ibrahim Kalin, a senior Erdogan adviser, said there were no plans to alter the monument's current status. "Speculation on changing it into a church or a mosque remains speculation. Hagia Sophia has been open to all visitors from Turkey and around the world and will remain so," he said. Last year, Erdogan said he would not consider changing Hagia Sophia's status as long as another great Istanbul house of worship, the 17th Century Sultan Ahmed Mosque, remains mostly empty of worshippers. Istanbul boasts more than 3,000 mosques." So it will remain the same which is a better idea

@Spring Onion thx.

Drop your anti muslim attitude for a second and read the statement from PM and his adviser, booth stated clearly that there is no plan to change the current status of Haghia Sophia.

@Spring Onion thx.
what anti muslim! u want to insult ur own minorities go ahead.

@Spring Onion thx.
Leave him alone attention seeking guy but still I think it should be turned into a mosque

Leave him alone attention seeking guy but still I think it should be turned into a mosque
The huge and beautiful Blue Mosque is just 200 meters away and allways empty, it makes no sense to turn Hagia Sophia back to a mosque, first is was a church later a mosque and now a museum, no need to create problems out of nowhere, for me Hagia Sophia is a symbol of harmony between the religions and belongs to humanity.

read the OP@
I did so what?

For some/unknown reason I feel a connection between Hagia Sophia and The great Mosque of Cordoba. I would prefer Hagia Sophia be converted back to Church if in return Spanish Government converts The Mosque of Cordoba back to the Mosque :D

Otherwise transform both of them into Public Library or Museum :D

Hagia Sophia already is, so I think it needs no alteration anymore

For some/unknown reason I feel a connection between Hagia Sophia and The great Mosque of Cordoba. I would prefer Hagia Sophia be converted back to Church if in return Spanish Government converts The Mosque of Cordoba back to the Mosque :D

Otherwise transform both of them into Public Library or Museum :D

Hagia Sophia already is, so I think it needs no alteration anymore
Agreed.

Please write it properly. Great Mosque of Qurtubah.

Agreed.

Please write it properly. Great Mosque of Qurtubah.
Sir I am not attending a Urdu class right now. That's how they write

Mosque / Cathedral of Córdoba also known as the Great Mosque of Córdoba in every non-Arabic speaking country because Arabs can't read Cordoba and they pronounced it as Qurtaba/Qurtubah during their rule. The Mosque is located in a Spanish city called Córdoba, hence the name.

There are enough mosques.

My history in this area isn't great, but if it was built by christians as a church, why not make/keep it as a church. After all, they're the ones who built it.

1.It is very strange and even unfortunate that this hasn't been returned to its status as a mosque. There are too many museums in Turkey and they can build more but Hagia Sofia must be a mosque that it was centuries back.
2. The Turks and the Muslims must never forget that The Christians have for centuries planned to recapture Constantinople and convert Hagia Sofia back into a church. That will be the Christendom's ultimate victory now that Jerusalem has been taken by the Jews, Baghdad and remain in rubble, and Damascus is about to fall.

Hagia Sophia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom