What's new

Personality: The fire-breathing tiger of Mysore:A day in the life of a lion is better than 100 years

Hindu? you mean Buddhist, right? the majority of the inhabitants were Buddhists, ruled over mainly Hindu rulers. If you are going to argue with me at least attempt to be factual.

So by changing my religion I cease to be product of land? How exactly does that come about? Me and the vast majority of Pakistanis have direct linkage to the lands of the Indus civilisation. Yeah, sure, my ancestors were Buddhists or Hindus, I don't mind. I can still be proud of their achievements. Change of religion does not mean the people have miraculously swapped genes. Arguing otherwise is a fantasy invented by narrow minded chauvinists like yourself.

So to put it simply, change of religion does not equate to change of genes or ancestry.

i totally agree with u,,,problem is that majority of pakistanis don't think this way at all and even u know that.
my problem is with those ppl who claim they are descendents of arabs or afgans.

what u state is true,i respect ur thinking

does that even make any sense??
were middle east ppl the inventor of swords??

i wouldn't be surprised if u said yes btw

It means that our emblem is inspire from the arab genius.

Are you aware, that Indus valley sites are found in India ?
Are you aware that till this day, more Indus Valley sites have been found in India than Pakistan, with one being found barely 7 days back?

And yes, to me Pakistan has legitimate claims to Ranjit Singh.
Certainly none though to the Afghans, Central Asians and Indians that Pakistani's like to attach themselves to, because their own land has produced just one great king and kingdom - that too not of the favoured variety of religion there.

I have no problem with anything you said.

Pakistan came into existence on 14 Aug 1947. It was only a small part was seceded and called itself something else. It wasn't like it was ruled by someone else before 16 dec 1971. Same constitution was followed before 16 dec which was followed after 16 dec. Same rulers too.

Earliest mention of the name 'India' is 440BC by Greek historian Herodotus. India is even registered as one of the founding member of The United Nations in 1945.

It means that our emblem is inspire from the arab genius.

that tells why u are such a confused nation.
emblem from arabs,,national anthem in foreign language,,,all missiles named after afganis or persians!!

i mean whats wrong with u guys??!!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

i totally agree with u,,,problem is that majority of pakistanis don't think this way at all and even u know that.
my problem is with those ppl who claim they are descendents of arabs or afgans.

what u state is true,i respect ur thinking

Not to sound rude or anything, but Pakistan has been home to a huge mixture of people over the centuries. It is not impossible that some Pakistanis do indeed carry otherwise foreign genes. I think, Pakistanis should accept we are a diverse nation with multiple origins but we need to work together and not let extremism and blind nationalism destroy us.

Why do Indians, and south and east Indians in particular, run over themselves to claim the Indus civilisation. I have seen this so many times. And talking of Ranjit Singh, whatever religion he was, he was still a product of this land. To me personally, his religion is irrelevant, he was a son of Punjab and will forever remain one.

Stop trying to claim Indus civilisation and we'll stop talking about Tipu.

Because Indus Valley civilization is also the part of the Indian territory. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Earliest mention of the name 'India' is 440BC by Greek historian Herodotus. India is even registered as one of the founding member of The United Nations in 1945.

Name might mentioned 5000 years before this greek historian. That doesn't mean it refers to today's India. I don't know why it is hard for you to accept the reality that India came into existence in its present form on 15 august 1947.

that tells why u are such a confused nation.
emblem from arabs,,national anthem in foreign language,,,all missiles named after afganis or persians!!

i mean whats wrong with u guys??!!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I want to ask what's wrong with you guys?? Constitution based on secularism and want to elect a religious extremist as the PM of your country.

Not to sound rude or anything, but Pakistan has been home to a huge mixture of people over the centuries. It is not impossible that some Pakistanis do indeed carry otherwise foreign genes. I think, Pakistanis should accept we are a diverse nation with multiple origins but we need to work together and not let extremism and blind nationalism destroy us.

that may form 5-10% of the population,sure(maybe even less).
majority of the ppl emigrated from india only during partition in 1947.

but the problem is ur history books don't mention any of that stuff leading to confusion and distortion of facts

Name might mentioned 5000 years before this greek historian. That doesn't mean it refers to today's India. I don't know why it is hard for you to accept the reality that India came into existence in its present form on 15 august 1947.

The name 'India' was referred to modern India and Eastern Pakistan just like East Pakistan and West Pakistan once constituted Pakistan. ;)

Because Indus Valley civilization is also the part of the Indian territory. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Well congratulations for that startling discovery. But I'd keep that quiet if I were you, Zaid Hamid might be reading this thread, Heaven forbids if he declares these Indus archaeological sites as Infidel temples and we lose our most prized national treasure.

I want to ask what's wrong with you guys?? Constitution based on secularism and want to elect a religious extremist as the PM of your country.

at least we are electing one of our own.

Well congratulations for that startling discovery. But I'd keep that quiet if I were you, Zaid Hamid might be reading this thread, Heaven forbids if he declares these Indus archaeological sites as Infidel temples and we lose our most prized national treasure.

that maybe of importance to a few educated ppl,not majority of population that has been misled on the proper history of subcontinent deliberately from the 80's to instill more islamic thinking on people

The name 'India' was referred to modern India and Eastern Pakistan just like East Pakistan and West Pakistan once constituted Pakistan. ;)

Was your constitution and national anthem and currency was also in practice 2000 years ago just like in Pakistan's case where all these things were in place even before 16 dec 1971.

that may form 5-10% of the population,sure(maybe even less).
majority of the ppl emigrated from india only during partition in 1947.

but the problem is ur history books don't mention any of that stuff leading to confusion and distortion of facts

I agree with you, our education and our country as a whole, has been hijacked by certain people with bigoted views. The irony is the most biggest enemies of the Pakistan movement, have now become its biggest protectors. These self declared champions of the ideology of Pakistan have polluted the minds of our young people with bigotry and misinformation. Some in Pakistan fall over themselves to add Sayyed to their names, as if that will make them somehow more pious.:hitwall:

EDIT: changed a few spellings, my keyboard is having a bad day.

at least we are electing one of our own.

OK. But still you are a confused nation.

I agree with you, our education and our country as a whole, has been hijacked by certain people with bigoted views. The irony is the most biggest enemies of the Pakistan movement, have no become its biggest protectors. These self declared champions of the ideology of Pakistan have polluted the minds of our young people with bigotry and misinformation. Some in Pakistan fall over themselves to add Sayyed to their names, as if that will make them somehow more pious.:hitwall:

stop sucking up to a modi fan. Your discussion would make more sense if you doing it with someone who is himself a liberal.

Back
Top Bottom