What's new

Personality: The fire-breathing tiger of Mysore:A day in the life of a lion is better than 100 years

Why do Indians, and south and east Indians in particular, run over themselves to claim the Indus civilisation. I have seen this so many times. And talking of Ranjit Singh, whatever religion he was, he was still a product of this land. To me personally, his religion is irrelevant, he was a son of Punjab and will forever remain one.

Stop trying to claim Indus civilisation and we'll stop talking about Tipu.
Because we are Indians. And you know how we are.

In case you missed it, people calling him scum and filth are surely bigots. Those who are praising him, consider him as a hero and don't brag about anything else.

I consider him as a brave warrior but at the same time can't completely ignore the negatives. So I have mixed feelings about him. Does that make me a bigot?

Okay to each his own I guess. He had positives and negatives.

I prefer to focus on the positive part where he fights the British as an Indian ruler and gives them a bloody nose.
True that. For me his negatives outshine his positives. :tup:

I consider him as a brave warrior but at the same time can't completely ignore the negatives. So I have mixed feelings about him. Does that make me a bigot?
By his logic - yes.

Well Pakistani emblem has swords and crescent. So should i start calling whole of middle east as Pakistan?
Your wish. Are you looking for our consent? :azn:

Pakistan came into existence on 14 Aug 1947. It was only a small part was seceded and called itself something else. It wasn't like it was ruled by someone else before 16 dec 1971.
Why do Indians, and south and east Indians in particular, run over themselves to claim the Indus civilisation. I have seen this so many times. And talking of Ranjit Singh, whatever religion he was, he was still a product of this land. To me personally, his religion is irrelevant, he was a son of Punjab and will forever remain one.

wow,for the very simple reason that customs of indus valley were HINDU customs and are still followed by hindus,buddhists,jains and sikhs.

u guys consider urself to be of superior religion and have no claim to that legacy.

On ranjit singh,he was a sikh who defeated the muslims to ascend to the throne and defeated even afgans multiple times so no he cannot be claimed by u too

North and Western Indians are also products of the Indus civilisation mate. Anyway Indus also flows through modern day India.

If you don't abuse him for religious reasons then obviously you are not a bigot. There is a difference between criticism and hate and calling someone scum or filth doesn't mean criticism for sure.

Indus Valley was in parts of North India as well.

Are you aware, that Indus valley sites are found in India ?
Are you aware that till this day, more Indus Valley sites have been found in India than Pakistan, with one being found barely 7 days back?

And yes, to me Pakistan has legitimate claims to Ranjit Singh.
Certainly none though to the Afghans, Central Asians and Indians that Pakistani's like to attach themselves to, because their own land has produced just one great king and kingdom - that too not of the favoured variety of religion there.

Well Pakistani emblem has swords and crescent. So should i start calling whole of middle east as Pakistan?

does that even make any sense??
were middle east ppl the inventor of swords??

i wouldn't be surprised if u said yes btw

Are you aware, that Indus valley sites are found in India ?
Are you aware that till this day, more Indus Valley sites have been found in India than Pakistan?

And yes, to me Pakistan has legitimate claims to Ranjit Singh.
Certainly none though to the Afghans, Central Asians and Indians that Pakistani's like to attach themselves to, because their own land has produced just one great king and kingdom - that too not of the favoured variety of religion there.
Also are you aware that Pakistan practically did not look for any further Indus Valley site after independence? Speaks volumes about the (mis)placed priorities. :omghaha:

Also are you aware that Pakistan practically did not look for any further Indus Valley site after independence? Speaks volumes about the (mis)placed priorities. :omghaha:

seriously these guys are clueless,,they think they are descendents of mughals and whatnot:rofl::rofl::rofl:

wow,for the very simple reason that customs of indus valley were HINDU customs and are still followed by hindus,buddhists,jains and sikhs.

u guys consider urself to be of superior religion and have no claim to that legacy.

On ranjit singh,he was a sikh who defeated the muslims to ascend to the throne and defeated even afgans multiple times so no he cannot be claimed by u too

Hindu? you mean Buddhist, right? the majority of the inhabitants were Buddhists, ruled over mainly Hindu rulers. If you are going to argue with me at least attempt to be factual.

So by changing my religion I cease to be product of land? How exactly does that come about? Me and the vast majority of Pakistanis have direct linkage to the lands of the Indus civilisation. Yeah, sure, my ancestors were Buddhists or Hindus, I don't mind. I can still be proud of their achievements. Change of religion does not mean the people have miraculously swapped genes. Arguing otherwise is a fantasy invented by narrow minded chauvinists like yourself.

So to put it simply, change of religion does not equate to change of genes or ancestry.

North and Western Indians are also products of the Indus civilisation mate. Anyway Indus also flows through modern day India.

Yes indeed, this is why I specifically didn't mention them. And to be really frank with you, I find all this history claiming a bit juvenile and pointless. I'm just on this thread because I'm extremely bored.:-)

Back
Top Bottom