What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

iran needs more than the f14 engine the one is actually not fitting it already is not good and to use it on an upgraded plane would be very fast very problematic so a new engine is going to be needed with alot of power and i mean alot because this is already is super heavy fighter one can say so the engines should be very powerful to begin with
iran has to go from workshop mode into mass production and it has to get some serious designs out for engines to work the heavier equipment not just heavy fighter but also heavy transporter possibly airliner or other purose plane

F14 is an old design
Look at su75 design exactly

1-The engine hided from two side

2- Horizontal stabilizers and vertical one has removed to v tail with lower drug and high manuverability.

3-underbelly air intake to dislink landing gears from wings to fuselage for more weapons to carry.

4-Canards removed to decrease fighter height for lower drug.

5- Single engine for low maintenance.

6- Fighter surfaces designed for stealthing.

We can insert some of its factors to editing su22 not impossible but hard to do.

Look at normal sofremahi without horizontal stabilizers and add under belly air intakes to it.

77574-37834cf8211818f2a6220cc1663f17b8.jpg

Last edited:
iran can never forget its might as airpower so it should grind and grind it that is what is needed to get on top
whatever
F14 is an old design
Look at su75 design exactly

1-The engine hided from two side

2- Horizontal stabilizers and vertical one has removed to v tail with lower drug and high manuverability.

3-underbelly air intake to dislink landing gears from wings to fuselage for more weapons to carry.

4-Canards removed to decrease fighter height for lower drug.

5- Single engine for low maintenance.

6- Fighter surfaces designed for stealthing.

We can insert some of its factors to editing su22 not impossible but hard to do.

Look at normal sofremahi without horizontal stabilizers and add under belly air intakes to it.

View attachment 769142View attachment 769142
whatever it does it should be good btw i actually prefer the chinese fighter to the russian one but again i prefer f14 to f16

your idea led me to remember that someone recently made this photoshop by processing the SU-75 and Mig-21, which could also be adapted with the Su-22
View attachment 769141

Underbelly air intakes needed
Such in f16 and su75

Landing gear should be removed from wings pivoted to fuselage

Su22 has powerful engine and powerful airframe to carry this project.

1628771897925.png

its not hard for me to to chose really the j20 is simply the better choice
i would still rather use the russian ejection seats they are the best still
you see the problem i see?
the bigger j20 can have straight engines right beside eachother causing less spread of heat signature and generally its worked well
its a huge plane the j20 but its worked very fine and nice its really a great plane the chinese must be proud it reminds me of something the europeans would have done if they had money

Last edited:
the russians show off alot but the chinese actually brought up the best plane on the planet these days without a doubt the most deadly weapon out there the russians have good planes aswell with their two stealth fighter but i personally from what i hear from both russian and chinese planes the chinese put some absurd hightech piece together with this thing and they have the whole infrastructure set up which russia still is dreaming about so to this day its j20 when russia got its drone tanker unit it talks about and the other high tech stuff done it is still dreaming about than okay but to this point they are only 10 years infront of us while china is 20 years infront of us these freaks can build supercavitating submarines for their navy while the west cant even produce the produce the torpedos to this point they are rising fast and they dont show off much

Last edited:
10235107_723.jpg

I prefer upgrading this fighter jet. With 2 light turbofan engines TVC capable, it can reach cruising speed. We have developed small radar for Kowsar which can be used in this plane too. It is already using stealth coating developed from American captured drone. With those mentioned features, this fighter jet would have a considerable decrease in RCS. If equipped with 2 light turbofan, we would get rid of those curved wings mostly developed for ground effect reasons.
10235107_723.jpg

Manufacturing of something similar to F14 is hard and costly. Expensive maintenance makes it impossible to produce.

We mostly need a cost effective stealth platform.

View attachment 769158

I prefer upgrading this fighter jet. With 2 light turbofan engines TVC capable, it can reach cruising speed. We have developed small radar for Kowsar which can be used in this plane too. It is already using stealth coating developed from American captured drone. With those mentioned features, this fighter jet would have a considerable decrease in RCS. If equipped with 2 light turbofan, we would get rid of those curved wings mostly developed for ground effect reasons. View attachment 769158

Manufacturing of something similar to F14 is hard and costly. Expensive maintenance makes it impossible to produce.

We mostly need a cost effective stealth platform.
iam actually just intrested in iran getting a heavy fighter for long range operation and also for high altitude operation but most imporantly for air superiority and interception and this design was basically a low altitude fighter very light on top of it
actually thinking about it all i believe iran can produce the engine itself before 5 years of time easily why shouldnt it be able to do this the most expensive part you say are the fins for the compressor part but that can be actually done and i dont see why not we might actually get suprised by sepah as much as they suprised us with the satellite if we think it takes to much of time for them because right at the time i thought this about the satellites they did it successfully

this thing in a 20000kg class and fixed designs would be great
1628774677357.png

point really is that iran has gathered so much experience with the f14 that this will not be lost on the next plane it produces and there will be features left from the f14

we need an engine with much more thrust basically atleats 10000kg thrust would do the job easily but this f313 cant be effective it has not the power behind it anyway it needs a heavy engine and therefore it needs to be heavier all together

we need atleast double the thrust amount of our owj engines atleast to 10k but better would be 2k more 12k and we need to have a bigger housing since the engines being bigger in size therefore a bigger plane all together so the f313 is basically used as a design template in larger size only possible anyway which means that when iran builds its design it will be much bigger than the current one in size allowing it hopefully carrying some more potent missiles aswell
these boys are what we need produced enough to get through the expensive part
1628776012456.png

iran needs to produce something 15 times more thrust than this one really
jahesh 700
1628776414365.png

1628776549648.png

anyway at this point its really just a size issue iran produces the small type engines already and it can actually move towards heavier size engines having all materials

The future will be made up of a mix of manned and unmanned platforms, working together. In the unmanned department, Iran has made good progress. When it comes to fighter jets, most of Iran's jets are far too old and need to be replaced soon.

If facing an adversary like the US, Iran has no chance of attaining air supremacy. That's when it's missiles work as more of a deterrent than anything.

If facing a regional rival, then a large number of drones along with an airforce made up of 100+ 4th generation fighters is fine. Iranian pilots are very well trained and if they have good hardware, add to that Iran's air defense/missile capability and it's more than enough to deal with any regional threat.

Iran has messed around with a few various designs in the last 2 decades but we have never seen any serial production other than reverse engineered F-5s on a small scale. But F-5s can only supplement the airforce.

I can't blame Iran for not committing to projects like Shafaq or Qaher. Qaher for example, it's far too small to carry any serious payload. Compare the size of Qaher to the new Russian Checkmate ,which is considered a small stealth jet. It's literally huge compared to the Qaher.

The Shafaq, I'm guessing they conducted various tests and determined that it just wouldn't be good enough compared to what's out there.

Realistically Iran is probably going to diversity and purchase some jets from China, some from Russia. The Chinese have offered Iran the JF-17 but Iran is not interested. The J-10 is China's more capable export fighter. I've read that Iran is interested in purchasing 35 of those as a preliminary deal, maybe followed by another batch afterwards.

The issue is that China wants foreign currency reserves, while Iran wants to exchange oil for the fighters. However the situation in Taiwan, with the US arming Taiwan to the teeth has greatly angered China. That increases the likelihood of China selling Iran the J-10s just to anger off the US.

The Russian option is a SU-27 variant, probably the SU-30. Iran has been interested in this purchase for a while but Iran is playing it smart. Iran is showing that it is in no hurry to purchase the jets. Russia is low on funding for their own weapon systems and would hate to see Iran purchase Chinese jets rather than Russian.

However by not reaching towards Russia and then buying Chinese first, this will work in Iran's favor because it will most likely motivate the Russians to give Iran a more competitive deal on the SU-30s.

In the end by buying some Chinese and some Russian, Iran will benefit by not being dependent on any one side for its airforce. For whatever reason, if one side decides not to sell Iran parts or their foreign policy suddenly sours towards Iran, then Iran will already another option just sitting there.

Also by purchasing from both China and Russia, Iran will get exposure to both Chinese and Russian technology, which is better than only having exposure to one side.

Again we know that Russia desperately needs funding for their future weapons systems. Either the SU-57 or Checkmate would be a good 5th generation option for Iran imo, if Iran doesn't produce something by then.

Realistically designing a 5th generation fighter is not that difficult. Lots of nations have done it. However as we've seen only a handful of nations have been able to successfully build 5th generation fighters.

I'm not sure if Iran will get its hands on a 5th gen fighter until at least 2030's. That might even be a better option realistically because by then the technology will be more mature and cheaper.

If Iran purchases from either China or Russia, we will probably see some sort of joint production deal along with vital technology transfers. The thing about Iranian leadership is that they're thinking long term. They're not concerned with investing in something flashy, but rather in something functional.

corona unfortunally makes me believe that iran will not show off a 10k thrust engine anymore this year but maybe next year iran will most probably show several new tests
The future will be made up of a mix of manned and unmanned platforms, working together. In the unmanned department, Iran has made good progress. When it comes to fighter jets, most of Iran's jets are far too old and need to be replaced soon.

If facing an adversary like the US, Iran has no chance of attaining air supremacy. That's when it's missiles work as more of a deterrent than anything.

If facing a regional rival, then a large number of drones along with an airforce made up of 100+ 4th generation fighters is fine. Iranian pilots are very well trained and if they have good hardware, add to that Iran's air defense/missile capability and it's more than enough to deal with any regional threat.

Iran has messed around with a few various designs in the last 2 decades but we have never seen any serial production other than reverse engineered F-5s on a small scale. But F-5s can only supplement the airforce.

I can't blame Iran for not committing to projects like Shafaq or Qaher. Qaher for example, it's far too small to carry any serious payload. Compare the size of Qaher to the new Russian Checkmate ,which is considered a small stealth jet. It's literally huge compared to the Qaher.

The Shafaq, I'm guessing they conducted various tests and determined that it just wouldn't be good enough compared to what's out there.

Realistically Iran is probably going to diversity and purchase some jets from China, some from Russia. The Chinese have offered Iran the JF-17 but Iran is not interested. The J-10 is China's more capable export fighter. I've read that Iran is interested in purchasing 35 of those as a preliminary deal, maybe followed by another batch afterwards.

The issue is that China wants foreign currency reserves, while Iran wants to exchange oil for the fighters. However the situation in Taiwan, with the US arming Taiwan to the teeth has greatly angered China. That increases the likelihood of China selling Iran the J-10s just to piss off the US.

The Russian option is a SU-27 variant, probably the SU-30. Iran has been interested in this purchase for a while but Iran is playing it smart. Iran is showing that it is in no hurry to purchase the jets. Russia is low on funding for their own weapon systems and would hate to see Iran purchase Chinese jets rather than Russian.

However by not reaching towards Russia and then buying Chinese first, this will work in Iran's favor because it will most likely motivate the Russians to give Iran a more competitive deal on the SU-30s.

In the end by buying some Chinese and some Russian, Iran will benefit by not being dependent on any one side for its airforce. For whatever reason, if one side decides not to sell Iran parts or their foreign policy suddenly sours towards Iran, then Iran another option just sitting there.

Also by purchasing from both China and Russia, Iran will get exposure to both Chinese and Russian technology, which is better than only having exposure to one side.

Again we know that Russia desperately needs funding for their future weapons systems. Either the SU-57 or Checkmate would be a good 5th generation option for Iran imo, if Iran doesn't produce something by then.

Realistically designing a 5th generation fighter is not that difficult. Lots of nations have done it. However as we've seen only a handful of nations have been able to actually build 5th generation fighters.

I'm not sure if Iran will get its hands on a 5th gen fighter until at least 2030's. That might even be a better option realistically because by then the technology will be more mature and cheaper.

If Iran purchases from either China or Russia, we will probably see some sort of joint production deal along with vital technology transfers. The thing about Iranian leadership is that they're thinking long term. They're not concerned with investing in something flashy, but rather in something functional.
security still means if iran is capable to produce it all at home but sure if the first steps get supported the help will be appreciated but iran still needs to be independent in the military production area
corona unfortunally makes me believe that iran will not show off a 10k thrust engine anymore this year but maybe next year iran will most probably show several new tests

security still means if iran is capable to produce it all at home but sure if the first steps get supported the help will be appreciated but iran still needs to be independent in the military production area
these russian hunter drones btw are designed to work the way you mentioned as drone basically beside the airplane who is basically the commander of a squad of drones the chinese have the same concept working on both their stealth bomber and stealth fighter jets

swarm warfare will be very dominant in the next century in warfare and iran already is among the world leading in that aspect showing off swarming drones several times on air

Last edited:
iran needs to produce something 15 times more thrust than this one really
jahesh 700
View attachment 769172
View attachment 769174
anyway at this point its really just a size issue iran produces the small type engines already and it can actually move towards heavier size engines having all materials
Loved Jahesh engine. It has the potential of being upgraded to a heavy/light turbofan engine.

Back
Top Bottom