What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Yes Iran needs to be independent but also realistic.

Look at how far the Chinese have come. How did they do it ? Mostly technology transfers honestly.

They made deals with various foreign companies, allowing them access to the Chinese market in exchange for a 50/50 partnership with Chinese firms and full technology transfers.

After a few years or even sometimes after the initial project they no longer required the partnerships. That's how they built the turbines for the 3 Gorges Dam for example.

I believe that 70% of all high speed rail in the entire world is located in mainland China. Deng Xiaoping, China's leader after Mao, was inspired after visiting Japan and boarding their high speed rail line in the 80's I believe it was.

Anyways at first they worked with various foreign firms on a few projects, but now all of their cities are connected by fast, cheap and efficient high speed rail. This while the west, especially the USA, lags far FAR behind.

In any case 5th generation fighter jets are in the realm of only a few nations. Like I said it's not that difficult to come up with a basic design but building, especially mass producing 5th generation fighter jets is extremely difficult.

Even China, with its massive military budget, still purchased SU-35s and jet engines from Russia. Even their J-10 and J-20 use Russian engines. Recently the Chinese claim that they are now using their own engines but who knows. Still look how long it took them and some analysts claim that their engines are under powered.

For Iran it's not impossible to build a 5th generation fighter but it would be much easier and more feasible to work with a larger nation like China or Russia and receive technology transfers with a joint production deal.

Btw the Indians backed out of the SU-57 deal they had signed with Russia. They were apparently not satisfied with the capabilities and features of the jet. Since then the Russians claim that they have worked out the various issues that were plaguing the Su-57 but honestly who knows.

The Indians have now opted to purchase Rafale fighters from France. India claims that their radar can easily pick up the J-20 and that the J-20 is not truly stealth. Again who knows, but right now India is deploying Rafales to counter China's J-20s on their border region.

So in the end it's the USA, Russia, China and as far as Russia, China are concerned some claim that their 5th generation fighter jets are really not as capable.

Aside from those 3, you have BAE systems working on the Tempest, which will be used by the Europeans. Then you have Koreans (KF-X) and Japanese (Mitsubishi F-X) working on their protoypes and the Koreans are first building a non stealth variant I've heard.

And keep in mind Koreans and Japanese have full access to the US market and tech and it's even extremely difficult for them. Turkey was counting on BAE but now they're being blocked, so they're leaning on Pakistan to get access to Chinese technology, but who knows how far that will go. Many of their projects have been sidelined lately like their next gen tanks.

Basically stealth fighter jets, high end semi conductors and hypersonic missile technology. These are 3 fields which are extremely difficult to progress in and only a handful of nations have the ability to produce these products. The fact that Iran has been able to progress with missiles is a good sign, but remember Iran had to purchase missiles from Libya/North Korea in the 80's to be able to get to where it is today.

As far as semi conductors go, the most high end types, anything close to or less than 5 nanometers, require proprietary technology which costs billions and only 1 or 2 companies in the world can build the machinery required to mass produce them.

Stealth fighter jets, again can Iran pull it off by itself ? It's not impossible but it's highly unlikely and in my opinion, it's not feasible for Iran to be able to simply build a world class, competitive stealth fighter (even a prototype) out of the blue, independent from the the few countries who monopolize the technology.

It would be much more realistic, faster and easier for Iran to work with a third party to gain access to the technology. That's just my opinion but as always we can only wait and see.

corona unfortunally makes me believe that iran will not show off a 10k thrust engine anymore this year but maybe next year iran will most probably show several new tests

security still means if iran is capable to produce it all at home but sure if the first steps get supported the help will be appreciated but iran still needs to be independent in the military production area

these russian hunter drones btw are designed to work the way you mentioned as drone basically beside the airplane who is basically the commander of a squad of drones the chinese have the same concept working on both their stealth bomber and stealth fighter jets

swarm warfare will be very dominant in the next century in warfare and iran already is among the world leading in that aspect showing off swarming drones several times on air

Last edited:
Btw the Indians backed out of the SU-57 deal they had signed with Russia. They were apparently not satisfied with the capabilities and features of the jet. Since then the Russians claim that they have worked out the various issues that were plaguing the Su-57 but honestly who knows.

The Indians backed out of the deal because Russia once again screwed a brown people nation over its commitments.

The technology transfer never materialized and the so called joint production, was mostly India regulated to menial tasks and pumping more and more money. The Indians realized they were being swindled by the Russians and left. Russia is not going to turn over state secerts to anyone. China only got it from stealing state secrets from the Americans and probably Russians too on top of the decades of experience they had building fighter jets.

swa
The Indians backed out of the deal because Russia once again screwed a brown people nation over its commitments.

The technology transfer never materialized and the so called joint production, was mostly India regulated to menial tasks and pumping more and more money. The Indians realized they were being swindled by the Russians and left. Russia is not going to turn over state secerts to anyone. China only got it from stealing state secrets from the Americans and probably Russians too on top of the decades of experience they had building fighter jets.
so the russians you talk about are they trustworthy?

iam not saying that iran shouldnt cooperate but iranian territory isnt anyones playground neither of the russian nor anyone elses so allowing russians into iran what merit would that have for iran anyway you say technology transfer do you think iran doesnt has the intellectual capability and needs a russian to tell it what to do
iran needs things not people russians cant help iran aslong as they dont sell high tech manufacturing equipment and if they sell it than okay but what would we need russians for in iran they are utterly useless here we dont need them
the russians did enslave their own people to get what they have today this is the truth about russian advances in the last centuries not really a group of people i look up to

Last edited:
a point germans made about soviet union in the past and i mean normal german soldiers is that russians are centuries behind german society and they still hold serfs which in fact the 10000s who got liberated from slave camps aka factories fought the soviets instead of fighting for them unlike it was the case in china who fought the invaders but simply died and had no chance but russians fought russians because they were badly enslaved and they threw basically their gulag prisoners directly into the line of fire holding a pistol towards them telling them to run or shooting them
the heroism of iranians in iran iraq war cant be even compared to the evil of the soviets because their masses were all slaves while our masses were free men and living martyrs
i find russia immensely disgusting and i rather have not more relations with russia than iran has with for example germany

Last edited:
View attachment 769158

I prefer upgrading this fighter jet. With 2 light turbofan engines TVC capable, it can reach cruising speed. We have developed small radar for Kowsar which can be used in this plane too. It is already using stealth coating developed from American captured drone. With those mentioned features, this fighter jet would have a considerable decrease in RCS. If equipped with 2 light turbofan, we would get rid of those curved wings mostly developed for ground effect reasons. View attachment 769158

Manufacturing of something similar to F14 is hard and costly. Expensive maintenance makes it impossible to produce.

We mostly need a cost effective stealth platform.

Iran DRONES out roll of the Qaher as antiship fighter jet or as attack fighter jet for exactly and stealthy attack .

When the engine can made in parallel project .
Searching a good fighter jet airframe will be ours first priority and testing it with what in hand ,s engines such Al21, Rd33 and j79.

Qaher is a good design but outdated,,

1- lower thrust to weight ratio cause of small engines

2- higher drug with composite thick wings and canards and low length of airframe

3- No need horizontal stabilizers when using v tail

Iran DRONES out roll of the Qaher as antiship fighter jet or as attack fighter jet for exactly and stealthy attack .

When the engine can made in parallel project .
Searching a good fighter jet airframe will be ours first priority and testing it with what in hand ,s engines such Al21, Rd33 and j79.

Qaher is a good design but outdated,,

1- lower thrust to weight ratio cause of small engines

2- higher drug with composite thick wings and canards and low length of airframe

3- No need horizontal stabilizers when using v tail
i agree qaher can only be effective as high altitude air superiority fighter and for that it needs much much more thrust and size different weapons bigger room for sensors etc pp so iran simply needs to work towards building heavier engines aswell it produces alot of lighter ones already
the whole concept of a future stealth aircraft for iran cant be a low altitude low powered lowly armed qaher really this is simply not needed iran has so many drones who can do the same job that it doesnt need to waste the ressources for this specially when you consider that it doesnt even replace a job which missiles cant do it does basically the same as drones and missiles can do

Sofremahi without top air intakes

Best platform to do with.
IMG_20210813_153332.png

Better than f14, f4 , f5, su24 and ....

Last edited:
yes i have seen that one aswell iran did put forward designs but under rouhani the focus was really more on sustaining the capabilities rather than advancing them and yes i agree sofreh mahi is good it looked good the moment they came up with it but question would be what turbine still they could use in such a plane and here they might even suprise us with something really good but who knows
important is to have all those workshops into mass production phase which would need atleast a few months to build facilities but after that iran could get the workshops ready for new projects

Sofremahi is really a dream that can only come true with more investment and work in TEM company. Hopefully we will see high focus on this sector to build us economical and viable engine for serial production that can power the Sofremahi which is a design I admire alot and has potential.

But they may just opt for further drone development as a lower cost option instead.

Sofremahi is really a dream that can only come true with more investment and work in TEM company. Hopefully we will see high focus on this sector to build us economical and viable engine for serial production that can power the Sofremahi which is a design I admire alot and has potential.

But they may just opt for further drone development as a lower cost option instead.

As I said before drones will not fill the air superiority fighter jet place in IRIAF, which needed to protect air defence network against USA axact attacks.

PARALLEL PROJECTS SHOULD START,

DEVELOPMENT OF RELIABLE AIR FRAME AND ENGINE.

FIRSTLY IS AN AIR FRAME.

As I said before drones will not fill the air superiority fighter jet place in IRIAF, which needed to protect air defence network against USA axact attacks.

PARALLEL PROJECTS SHOULD START,

DEVELOPMENT OF RELIABLE AIR FRAME AND ENGINE.

FIRSTLY IS AN AIR FRAME.
I'm not saying we shouldn't. I just think they will not even try, until a reliable engine is ready.

I'm not saying we shouldn't. I just think they will not even try, until a reliable engine is ready.
curious if they dont have already an engine, an RD-33 or AL-31 equivalent as brother @yavar once mentioned.
im optimistc that we will see something in this current decade

Su 75 is a very excellent design
Not difficult to achieve some of its factord with what Iran has at hand now
Su22 with deleting horizontal stabilizers and adding v tail around the engine for stealthing engine thermal rays.
Adding underbelly air intake to moving the landing gears from wings to fuselage.

Fixing movable wings to lower fighter weight.
Removing nose air intake for bigger radar.

Big project but not impossible.View attachment 769077

I don't know if the author is the same, but here another interpretation with the aircraft equipped with variable geometry wings that leads it to resemble the configuration of the SU-22

2sgqy0uvpxc71.jpg

Back
Top Bottom