What's new

Indian food-- Best in the world

I am astonished that 13 pages on this thread have gone without the mention of Konkani, Goan, Gomantak food.....

All I can say is that The Konkan coast food is unmatched when it comes to Seafood....

My defense to any offence in this regard is the restaurant Trishna in Mumbai....Although this is nothing compared to what one finds in the heart of the Konkan coast and the konkani/marathi/goan home, it packs enough punch to shut the naysayers..

Gimme Sol Curry, bombil (Bombay Duck), grilled pomfret, tadlela kolambi, Lobster/Tisracha sooka or coconut fish curry with rice any day over any kind of north/south, East/West food....

Trishna is a must visit for anyone who is travelling to Mumbai

@peshwa.. if you are sea food or mangalorean food lover, just pay a visit to mahesh lunch home in Juhu or Apoorva in fort! food.. just outa this world!

I am astonished that 13 pages on this thread have gone without the mention of Konkani, Goan, Gomantak food.....

All I can say is that The Konkan coast food is unmatched when it comes to Seafood....

My defense to any offence in this regard is the restaurant Trishna in Mumbai....Although this is nothing compared to what one finds in the heart of the Konkan coast and the konkani/marathi/goan home, it packs enough punch to shut the naysayers..

Gimme Sol Curry, bombil (Bombay Duck), grilled pomfret, tadlela kolambi, Lobster/Tisracha sooka or coconut fish curry with rice any day over any kind of north/south, East/West food....

Trishna is a must visit for anyone who is travelling to Mumbai

Okay thats it..where is this place??

@peshwa.. if you are sea food or mangalorean food lover, just pay a visit to mahesh lunch home in Juhu or Apoorva in fort! food.. just outa this world!

My friend, I live 5 mins away from Mahesh Lunch Home.....Another gem!

Have you been to Gazali...again a must visit if you're into seafood?

My friend, I live 5 mins away from Mahesh Lunch Home.....Another gem!

Have you been to Gazali...again a must visit if you're into seafood?

in vile parle?? yup.. like that butter milk you get there!!

Okay thats it..where is this place??

There's two locations in Mumbai...One at Kala Ghoda and another in Andheri...

Theres also a sister restaurant in London, but I doubt you would find the same variety of seafood in London..

There's two locations in Mumbai...One at Kala Ghoda and another in Andheri...

Theres also a sister restaurant in London, but I doubt you would find the same variety of seafood in London..

andheri east or west?? I am a big fan of sea food.I would like to go to that place tomorrow evening.

Its the Sol Curry/kokum curry that drives me wild....unless you're confusing these for buttermilk

sorry.. you are spot on!! that's the one i'm talking about!! it's the speciality of gazali.. right??

You mentioned that cows are sacred for Hindus. I have a question. If someone eats beef in front of a Hindu, what happens to the person eating the beef?

well here I have never heard of some one eating beef.... I personally haven't seen any one eating non veg other than chicken....

yes in UP killing a cow is against law untill it reaches a definite age we have heard in local news that police have arrested people with dead cow meat

but in south india it is ok to have beef.... when we went Hyderabad this year march we went to a local restaurant to have some local non veg. we thought it would be some dishes made of chicken and mutton but in menu we saw beef, my frnd asked me to leave and we left immediately.... yeah it was surprise for us!!

andheri east or west?? I am a big fan of sea food.I would like to go to that place tomorrow evening.

Hmm, not quite sure about East or West...I know for a fact that its right next to the big Cineplex (Reliance one I think)....opposite Salt & Pepper....

Back
Top Bottom