What's new

Indian food-- Best in the world

in veg food, i like baghare bangun, i live in karachi and our neighbours r hyderabadis, also, i like aalu ki bhujia with lady finger, and saagh gosht, i also like tematar ki chatni very much!!!, bc i like tomatoes

i have to admit that in non-veg dishes Pakistan has edge over India but when it comes to veg same applies.:cheers:

I don't think so.

Hyderabadi and U.P./Bihari people make much better non veg dishes.

Punjabis are good at parathas, siri paye, saag, makkai roti, pilau, etc.

Flint I want sabudane ki kichadi with dhokale and also chole bhature and also pav bhaji also vada pav and ............................

I am hungry

:lol::lol:

wow. i never knew there is a thing as sabudane ki kichadi. We feed our babies sabudana, but thats all the use i've seen for it.

Hyderabadi and U.P./Bihari people make much better non veg dishes.

u hyderabadi???, well i am behari, my mom cooks veg for evening meal, and non veg for dinner!!, v frequently have khagina in the morning, she cooks some tyms, kerela, its taste is awful!!

I like Rajasthani and Gujarati food.

Someone eaten the Rajasthani thali at Chokhi Dhani?

I couldn't believe it when I had it the first time few years ago. They do it in the traditional Rajasthani way, insisting that you take more than you can have. You have to refuse 1-2 rotis beforehand else you end up eating more than you want. :lol:

u hyderabadi???, well i am behari, my mom cooks veg for evening meal, and non veg for dinner!!, v frequently have khagina in the morning

nahin bhai, im punjabi pathan...lol.

does one have to be of a community to realise their merits?

I've always had Gujarati food at my friends' places, but it seems they always mix meetha and khatta, teekha...all together in the same meal...

but they have found ingeneous ways to cook vegetables.

nahin bhai, im punjabi pathan...lol.

does one have to be of a community to realise their merits?

OK, so i guess, u have lot of experiebce with pakistani food, so u like burns road food or lahore food street?? :D, jst curious

I've always had Gujarati food at my friends' places, but it seems they always mix meetha and khatta, teekha...all together in the same meal...

but they have found ingeneous ways to cook vegetables.

niazi

well, i think the best and cheapest food available in Pakistan is definitely Karachi.

where else would you find meerath kay kabab?

the variety in Karachi is amazing, and you get PUnjabi food too.

Lahore Lahore hay, and i love the place as I'm a lahorite. There is no better atmosphere than to have food in Lahore. Wahan jaa kar hi khanay ko dil karta hay.

well, i think the best and cheapest food available in Pakistan is definitely Karachi.

where else would you find meerath kay kabab?

the variety in Karachi is amazing, and you get PUnjabi food too.

Lahore Lahore hay, and i love the place as I'm a lahorite. There is no better atmosphere than to have food in Lahore. Wahan jaa kar hi khanay ko dil karta hay.

wht is cheapest food, the food in lahore very expensive??, i dunno, anyways, i am told, lahori foods have too much cholestrol, oil and ghee, is it true, and i have heard, lahori BarBQ is good too??, and the puri halwaa of food street which is served in the morning

well ppl, anybody has ever heard about KUNNA?..I mean its a special chiniotee dish....though I dont know the recipe but it tastes good :P

kunna gosht...is simply divine.

They actually bury the deg and cover it with clay while it is being cooked.

And chiniot's milk bottle. Sweet tasting milk mixed with essence of various dry fruits.

wht is cheapest food, the food in lahore very expensive??, i dunno, anyways, i am told, lahori foods have too much cholestrol, oil and ghee, is it true, and i have heard, lahori BarBQ is good too??, and the puri halwaa of food street which is served in the morning

A meat dish in lahore is always 100-200 rupees more expensive than its Karachi equilvalent. You should know, almost anything you buy can be bought cheaper in Karachi than in Lahore. Lahore main chor bazari hay, and Karachi is the only major port in Pakistan.

Haan, Lahori Churgha (bar b q) is pretty good, and puri halwa is a favourite staple, but curiously, a lot of people also eat nihari for breakfast.

But I've not yet found a Nihari Wala in Lahore, who makes Nihari like in Karachi.

Oil is used in all dishes in Pakistan, Lahore is no exception. I think Lahoris eat more, which is why you see they have problems with cholesterol and obesity.

Oil is used in all dishes in Pakistan, Lahore is no exception. I think Lahoris eat more, which is why you see they have problems with cholesterol and obesity.

i dont know, its obesity in lahore LOL :lol: but one of my uncle, who is like a journey man, and if u say, "chacha chalna hai kaheen" very fond of pakistan tour, is always ready, so he tells me, there lot of ghee and oil in lahori food, literally flooding out of the plate, anyways!!!

lolz...this thread is too tempting for a man with Punjabi and Kashmiri heritage and with excellent cooks in the entire family...and who has not eaten since morning!
I have been to some places outside Pakistan and can safely say that our cuisine is very diverse and tasty...even the Chinese dishes in Pakistan have a much more customized Pakistani taste which i love.

The barbecue including the kebabs, botis and tikkas are outstanding.
I absolutely love the Afghani kebabs and Chapli Kebabs.
Not to mention the fried fish with Pakistani recipe
The Mutton Leg (Saji) is divine though requires a lot of time and effort.
Qeemay, Aloo and chicken walay naan.
Murgh Pulow, Mutton Pulow
Degi Chargha
Chikkar Cholay

The Haleem (both chicken and beef) is a particular favorite, chicken haleem is favored by Kashmiris and i love it---if we ever have a get together i can bring the super duper Haleem for the consumption of forum---;)

Nihari, Qorma and Pasanday...wow wow.
Buryani of chicken is good but mine favorite is mutton one and even in that my favorite is mutton chops buryani in which only mutton chops are used...that is one awesome dish.

Daal chawwal is good as well.
massar daal and chawwal are very tempting.
Channa Daal gosht and chawwal...in our home it is so thick and yummy that some guests mistake it for Haleem.

Qeema bharay Karailay with chapati and lassee....(not recommended if you want to stay awake after meal...i will never forget when i ate it during college exam days and slept the afternoon away...don't regret it though...:))
karailay gosht with chapati and lassee
Saag and roti
Palak Gosht and roti
Gobhi Gosht and B.hindi Gosht with roti
Aloo methi and roti
Aloo Qeema and roti
Palak Gosht and roti
Payye with roghni naan

Desi Kulchay in breakfast with curd or kashmiri chai.
Baqar Khani in breakfast with kashmiri chai
Suji Halwa, with channay and poori for breakfast.
Qeemay walay Qatlamay
Aloo parathay, muli parathay, daal parathay, qeemay walay parathay

BTW what about the Curd we eat with most meals...amazing stuff man!
The mango chutni, aloo bukhara chutni, mint chutni (also mixed in curd), With parathaas one can have achaar of mango, achaar of lasoora, mixed achar etc.

Kashmiri Chai is my favorite though i love the regular chai as well,
Qahwa is also excellent after meals.

Aloo Pakoray, baingan Pakoray, Aloo samosay, Qeema samosay, chicken samosay, Aloo ki Tikki, Shaami Kebab.

Firni, kheer, gajjaraila, gajjar ka halwa, zarda, Gur walay chawwal, daal ka halwa, Shahi tukray, garma garam gulaab jaman, meethay pooray etc.

Now i know i am still missing a lot of things i love but i have done my best considering i am so hungry right now.

Last edited:
wow. i never knew there is a thing as sabudane ki kichadi. We feed our babies sabudana, but thats all the use i've seen for it.

Its really delicious - my staple breakfast when I'm at home

b3c4df7cb4209cc65776494a72cb4ccf.gif

Back
Top Bottom