What's new

What makes biryani so special?

I just spend way too much on this, but can't resist.

IMG_A187AECE676D-1.jpeg

kachi means unripe or raw in urdu. does it have the same meaning in bangla ?
kachi/raw is where both the rice and meat/chicken is cooked together in the final stage

pakki/cooked is where the already cooked meat/chicken is layered between layers of cooked rice, and then given a final pressure/dum to infuse it all even better.

they both work

I just spend way too much on this, but can't resist.

View attachment 926124
where from ?

I feel like Most pakistani households eat pulao for eid - I know in KPK it's always pulao
In Punjab maybe it's mixed IDK but for special occasions like Eid it was always mutton pulao in my household

Mutton Pulao for special occasions, biriyani when you want to eat something nice but it's not exactly special occasion

A GOOD Mutton Pulao is better than biriyani imo, especially for celebrations like Eid or birthdays

Yakhni chicken pulao with karara bakra karhai made with lots of shor’aa/gravy on top. On the side should be half gallon of podiney da raitaa with kuhti hoi hari mirch mixed in. On the other side should be 2.5 liter Coke.

That is an Eid meal…

Pulao is king .

Chicken pulao with mutton/goat salaan on top or vice versa with dahi paley and hot hot green chutney on the side .

giphy.gif

I wrote the same thing without reading the rest of the thread. Minus the dai bharein tho. But you know what’s up.. :lol:

kachi means unripe or raw in urdu. does it have the same meaning in bangla ?
It does, yes. Reason why kacchi Biriyani is named such is because the rice is cooked together with raw lamb.

Questioning Biryani is...
blasphemy-lies.gif
Biryani lk *** compared to other "celebratory meals"
This is where's it's at
↓↓↓↓- just do a mutton one Cooked in yakhni
Yakhni chicken pulao with karara bakra karhai made with lots of shor’aa/gravy on top. On the side should be half gallon of podiney da raitaa with kuhti hoi hari mirch mixed in. On the other side should be 2.5 liter Coke.

That is an Eid meal…

giphy.gif

I wrote the same thing without reading the rest of the thread. Minus the dai bharein tho. But you know what’s up.. :lol:

Northern folks (maybe add B'stan too)
Southern folks

Pulao is where's it's at - so juicy, so tender, so flavorful without it being spicy or focusing on any masala just the animal fat (add salan as LOP said to add masala if you want) and 100% heart attack
C'mon...
Biryanis awesome but overrated in front of Pulao

Last edited:
Biryanis awesome but overrated in front of Pulao
You gotta be kidding me ? Comparing Biryani with pulao is like comparing MM Aalam with Abhinundon, MM Alaam here is definitely Biryani... I saw in Punjab they are bigger fans of Pulao, they even sell some colored rice with chicken by saying its pulao but in reality that was " Biryani ke naam pe dhabba " Biryani khani hai tu Karachi ao...

Back
Top Bottom