What's new

What makes biryani so special?

Last 2 days I have been eating like a pig. I have eaten half a litre of haleem, 3 plates of seekh kababs, 1 mutton biryani, 1 Mughlai paratha (stuffed with mutton), 1 plate of kheema and about 4 naans. I think I will die of heart attack.

For at the heart of Eid celebrations lies the essence of love, loved ones, and the pleasure of savouring truly delicious biryani.

I feel like Most pakistani households eat pulao for eid - I know in KPK it's always pulao
In Punjab maybe it's mixed IDK but for special occasions like Eid it was always mutton pulao in my household

Mutton Pulao for special occasions, biriyani when you want to eat something nice but it's not exactly special occasion

A GOOD Mutton Pulao is better than biriyani imo, especially for celebrations like Eid or birthdays

Last edited:
kathal/jackfruit biriyani

BBK are having such a version too, and beetroot shami kebabs.. shuddh + shakahari

@Paitoo

kathal/jackfruit biriyani

BBK are having such a version too, and beetroot shami kebabs.. shuddh + shakahari

@Paitoo
Yes, I ordered for my parents in Delhi. Jackfruit Biryani from BBK. I told them about my pigging here and they also started getting tempted for Biryani.

If it was Jamahir, he'd have gained 10 kg's easily.
Jamahir is losing all the weight he gained, stressing out after virus told him that his a$$ is on the radar 🤣

Many flavours of Biryani.

Hyderabad (India) Biryani - original biryani with mutton ideally. A great dish.

Sindhi Biryani - a great one when cooked with mutton.

Had other flavours such as the ones in Lahore. No offense but the Biryani they cook there is actually Pulao.

Chicken Biryani is Biryani lite. Beef is something I personally do not like as much as Mutton/Sheep. Especially the rib Biryani which comes out amazing.

Mutton biryani is the best. Beef is good too. Chicken is fine if the meat is moist. Most places end up over cooking it.

Essential biryani ingredients without which I will not make Biryani -
1. Birista (fried onions)
2. Saffron
3. Desi Ghee
4. Long grain basmati

Every other ingredient can be adjusted.

What Makes Biryani Special ?
It's the essence of biryani

It might have originated from Iran but the current form is very different , the initial concept came to India and with added Indian flavors it became true biryani

There is difference between biryani and pulav

It's the essence of Khade Masala , Rosewater, Saffron , ghee which makes it biryani. If you cannot smell it from other room then it is not biryani it's pulav

Last 2 days I have been eating like a pig. I have eaten half a litre of haleem, 3 plates of seekh kababs, 1 mutton biryani, 1 Mughlai paratha (stuffed with mutton), 1 plate of kheema and about 4 naans. I think I will die of heart attack.
Kiun aap bhi Rozay rakh rahe the?

Jamahir is losing all the weight he gained, stressing out after virus told him that his a$$ is on the radar 🤣
@NagaBaba , I warned you against scaring the crap out of him. There won't be much left in him if you keep at it :lol:

Is biryani healthy or unhealthy?
Biryani is not an ideal food choice for individuals looking to lose weight since it contains many calories and fat. In addition, the combination of rice, meat, and spices in biryani add many calories and saturated fat, while ghee or oil used for cooking further contributes to the calorie and fat content.

Hyderabadi biryani ..

Hyderabadi-Chicken-Biryani-Close-Up.jpg

White Biryani ..

IMG_5232-2-500x500.jpg

Veg Biryani ..

biryani-recipe-1.jpg

Nalli Biryani ..

Nalli-Biryani-Recipe-by-Food-fusion-4.jpg

Kiun aap bhi Rozay rakh rahe the?
No. It all started with haleem. Yesterday was the last day it was going to be available. So i ate it. Phir sher ke moo ko khoon lag gaya and i couldnt stop.

I eat that much in one meal bro 💀
Not me. My cholesterol levels are very high and red meat and eggs are the main reasons.

Biriyani is the food of marauding moozlum conqueror hordes.. easy to make on the go and those ancient caravans just came up with it by way of accident, throw some rice, spices and meat in there.. boom.. salim's your uncle (and dad)

Hyderabadi > Lucknowi > Kolkata (with huge chunks of potato wtaf)

Persians do a decent one, with dry fruit, resin etc.. very nice

Behrouz-Biryani-Story.jpg

https://www.behrouzbiryani.com/behrouz-biryani/bengaluru @Paitoo

south India, Tamil, Kerala also do fat ugly "red rice" version, its shite.

sri lankans also do a version "buriyani"

I had "Peshawari biriyani" once at an Afghan hole in the wall type place, probably not very authentic... it was bland and very meh.

Very curious about Pakistani biriyani, but I suspect it comes from either of the two main schools of it.. ie, Lucknow or Hyderabad.

Biriyani is the food of marauding moozlum conqueror hordes.. easy to make on the go and those ancient caravans just came up with it by way of accident, throw some rice, spices and meat in there.. boom.. salim's your uncle (and dad)

Hyderabadi > Lucknowi > Kolkata (with huge chunks of potato wtaf)

Persians do a decent one, with dry fruit, resin etc.. very nice

Behrouz-Biryani-Story.jpg

https://www.behrouzbiryani.com/behrouz-biryani/bengaluru @Paitoo

south India, Tamil, Kerala also do fat ugly "red rice" version, its shite.

sri lankans also do a version "buriyani"

I had "Peshawari biriyani" once at an Afghan hole in the wall type place, probably not very authentic... it was bland and very meh.

Very curious about Pakistani biriyani, but I suspect it comes from either of the two main schools of it.. ie, Lucknow or Hyderabad.
but I love cow/beef biryani very much don't you like it sanghi 😆

Back
Top Bottom