What's new

What makes biryani so special?

south India, Tamil, Kerala also do fat ugly "red rice" version, its shite.
Its not red rice but a small grained rice called jeera samba rice, which is called Gobind bhog rice in Bengal. The rice itself is very good but the technique is not. These are essentially pulaos. Lower your expectations and eat, you will enjoy.

Very curious about Pakistani biriyani, but I suspect it comes from either of the two main schools of it.. ie, Lucknow or Hyderabad.
Their Karachi biryani looks exactly like the Biryani in old Delhi. I suspect it tastes the same too. The chefs must have carried the recipe from there.

Sir, no need for religious flaming in a wholesome biryani thread.

Also, you are barking up the wrong tree. The guy you are tagging is probably the most voracious beef eater among PDF indians. God(s)less bande he. :lol:
shh now, play along

My personal favorite is Hyderabadi biryani. I visited Hyderabad once but didn't have time to eat the goat biryani at the famed Paradise restaurant. It's supposedly best of the best.

Btw, I just wanted to clarify a myth that many Pakistanis have about Indians. I know it might come as a shock to you. Majority of Indians are non vegetarians lol. It's just the Brahmin and Baniya castes (and Jains) that are vegetarian - and they all amount for a tiny minority of India's population (less than 10% I suspect). I still remember a Pakistani friend was talking about how Indians are non meat eating... and while discussion we realized that ALL the Indians that were a part of that group conversation were near eaters. My Pakistani friend was shocked beyond belief...

there is long list of wired biryanis sir

egg biryani
prawn biryani
fish biryani
veggi biryani
patato biryani
kofta biryani
grain biryani
jackfruit biryani
palak biryani
paneer biryani

and god knows how many others . its crime against biryani :lol:
Whoever invented Jackfruit Biriyani should be hung in public.

Does KFC in Pakistan also sells biryani View attachment 925845
nope they sale rice dish

View attachment 925846
And we have this crap:
images (49).jpeg

Why, just why?
Why do we need to have dry rice with dry chicken?

Rice/Biriyani should be complemented with gravy meat.

@Bilal9 @leonblack08 @Bengal71 @VikingRaider @bluesky @Chute

Last edited:
Last 2 days I have been eating like a pig. I have eaten half a litre of haleem, 3 plates of seekh kababs, 1 mutton biryani, 1 Mughlai paratha (stuffed with mutton), 1 plate of kheema and about 4 naans. I think I will die of heart attack.
That's mid-night snack for a regular Punjabi.

You mostly put beef though?
Spice infused rice cooked with beef, or mutton or sometimes chicken too.

Biriyani is the food of marauding moozlum conqueror hordes.. easy to make on the go and those ancient caravans just came up with it by way of accident, throw some rice, spices and meat in there.. boom.. salim's your uncle (and dad)

Hyderabadi > Lucknowi > Kolkata (with huge chunks of potato wtaf)

Persians do a decent one, with dry fruit, resin etc.. very nice

Behrouz-Biryani-Story.jpg

https://www.behrouzbiryani.com/behrouz-biryani/bengaluru @Paitoo

south India, Tamil, Kerala also do fat ugly "red rice" version, its shite.

sri lankans also do a version "buriyani"

I had "Peshawari biriyani" once at an Afghan hole in the wall type place, probably not very authentic... it was bland and very meh.

Very curious about Pakistani biriyani, but I suspect it comes from either of the two main schools of it.. ie, Lucknow or Hyderabad.

In that part of the world, the speciality is the pulao. Also a wonderful dish.

Pulao is king .

Chicken pulao with mutton/goat salaan on top or vice versa with dahi paley and hot hot green chutney on the side .

Or with kofta & anda salaan on top works just as well

Back
Top Bottom