What's new

India's Cuisine Ranked Fifth In The List Of Best Cuisines Of The World

India is ranked fifth on the global list of the best cuisines for 2022, according to Taste Atlas. The ranking is based on audience votes for ingredients, dishes, and beverages. Italy's food came in first place followed by Greece and Spain.

India received 4.54 points and the best rated foods of the country include "garam masala, malai, ghee, butter garlic naan, keema", the rating said. It has a total of 460 items in the list. Furthermore, the best restaurants to try Indian cuisine are Shree Thaker Bhojanalay (Mumbai), Karavalli (Bengaluru), Bukhara (New Delhi), Dum Pukht (New Delhi), Comorin (Gurugram) and 450 others, according to the list.

Japan, the United States of America, Turkiye, France and Peru were also among the top 10 countries with best cuisines. Chinese cuisine, which is the world's most popular, however, ranked 11th on the list.

This tweet with the list has grabbed many eyeballs on the internet. It has amassed over 36 million views with over 15,000 comments. Many people felt that the list didn't justify its rankings. Some said that the cuisine of their country is better than any other cuisine,

One user wrote, "This is a list you'd come up with if you'd never eaten food."

"Hi, I think there's been an error. England is on this list for some reason," said another person.

"Absolute nonsense," said another person.

A well-travelled user wrote, "I've traveled to 40/50 of these countries and I can tell you this is the most inaccurate list @TasteAtlas. You left off so many foodie countries like Morocco, Ethiopia, Myanmar, and many more. Including Lithuania and not Latvia or Estonia is just funny."

"Lebanon, Pakistan, Thailand, Jamaica should be in the top 10. How is England on the list? German food? What, kartoffelpuffer & bratkartoffeln?? How are people liking Bangladesh over Pakistan?! Too much stress in one tweet," remarked another person.

Post a comment"What is American cuisine? Oreo?" asked another user

@jamahir @Skull and Bones @-=virus=-
This is such a flawed survey 😎. Indian veggie based cuisine is ranked #5.

This.

It won’t be long before the true breadth and depth of “Indian” cuisine become part of mainstream global awareness. It’s so incredibly vast and varied. Pakistanis think they “understand” Indian food because they have access to the derivative of perhaps a single type of Indian cuisine and some crossovers.

On Indian Chinese food, there’s no question. I think we were right to change up the original version. I don’t enjoy the Chinese Chinese food nearly as much. Somewhat bland.

Don't know about Amreeka, but I have eaten 'Indian' food in many European cities and it is uniformly crap. It is a bastardized Punjabi-Mughlai cuisine dumbed down to suit gora palette. Very very one dimensional made by the same type of chefs, who keep importing the same kind of chefs after them. Many of these are run by Bangladeshis or a mix of Indians/Pak/BD staff.

To make it worse, the veggie cuisine is dominated by the 'Udupi' kind of establishments, which is the worst of South Indian food. They are very good at scaling up, so they are every where and everyone thinks this is what south Indian food is like. The best south Indian breakfast is from Tamil Nadu and Kerala, which you will be hard pressed to find abroad.

In all my travels I have never found these items abroad, which to me represent the best of Indian cuisine:

• Goan Prawn Curry (Goa)
  • Malwani fish curry (Maharashtra)
  • Chicken Ghee Roast (Mangalore)
  • Chicken Chettinad (Tamil Nadu)
  • Guntur Chicken (Andhra / Telangana)
  • Mutton pepper fry (Karnataka/Kerala)
  • Coorgi Pandi fry (Coorg Pork fry)
  • Karimeen pan fried in Banana leaf (Kerala)
  • Malabar Beef Roast
  • Kosha Mangsho (Bengal)
  • Awadhi Biryani (Lucknow/Kolkata)
  • Saoji Mutton (Maharashtra)
  • Laal Maas (Rajasthan)
  • Mutton Dhansak (Parsi/Mumbai)
  • Dindigul Biryani (Tamil Nadu)
  • Authentic Delhi style Chhole Bhature
  • Authentic Delhi style Bedmi Puri and Pumpkin curry
  • Authentic Mumbai Chowpatty style Pav Bhaji dripping in butter
  • Appam and Stew (Kerala)
  • Idiyappam and Egg Roast (Kerala)
  • Boti Masala (Gowda style in Karnataka)
  • Thalassery Biryani (Kerala)
  • Bhoger Khichurhi with baigan bhaja (Bengal)
I could go on. People outside Indian have no friggin clue about Indian food

@-=virus=-

watched on Netflix ... All I was interested in centuries old records of lords' and King's daily kitchens. Which is handwritten and preserved. After watching the dishes, not much fascinated, cuz hardly saw anything very innovative in the dishes or any unique cooking techniques.

Raja, Rasoi Aur Anya Kahaniyaan​

Don't know about Amreeka, but I have eaten 'Indian' food in many European cities and it is uniformly crap. It is a bastardized Punjabi-Mughlai cuisine dumbed down to suit gora palette. Very very one dimensional made by the same type of chefs, who keep importing the same kind of chefs after them. Many of these are run by Bangladeshis or a mix of Indians/Pak/BD staff.

To make it worse, the veggie cuisine is dominated by the 'Udupi' kind of establishments, which is the worst of South Indian food. They are very good at scaling up, so they are every where and everyone thinks this is what south Indian food is like. The best south Indian breakfast is from Tamil Nadu and Kerala, which you will be hard pressed to find abroad.

In all my travels I have never found these items abroad, which to me represent the best of Indian cuisine:
nailed it

and, oho, bhhok lagva di..

but you missed out on rista, gushtaba, tabak maz and the Kashmiri goodness there

nailed it

and, oho, bhhok lagva di..

but you missed out on rista, gushtaba, tabak maz and the Kashmiri goodness there
I have deliberately not included many great dishes from northern India because some clowns here start jumping about Hindu food / Muslim food crap. I like to stay away from those juvenile retards.

I have deliberately not included many great dishes from northern India because some clowns here start jumping about Hindu food / Muslim food crap. I like to stay away from those juvenile retards.
I went to this wedding in Kashmir once, that spread was lavish AF, full expert wazaa cooked..

5bN0Qp6Qb6hobu112qDQuWrtQX198P8sEBcGhkvn.webp

^they pound the shit out of the meat to get that special consistency, its no kofta, that's for sure

yahkni, melt in your mouth mutton:
Kashmiri-Yakhni-Recipe-Tasting.jpg

best with just rice, both of these 🤤

Problem ? You should again read, with care this time, what bhai wrote.
why mad seeing all these pics of good food when you happen to be starving, aren't you ?

your fridge is empty and food isn't free.. Gaddaffi ki pooja kar le, maybe he appears and grants you your deep desire to eat good food lol

you must have terrible bad karma from a previous life to have turned out this way, angry and bitter, a starving virgin..

why mad seeing all these pics of good food when you happen to be starving, aren't you ?

your fridge is empty and food isn't free.. Gaddaffi ki pooja kar le, maybe he appears and grants you your deep desire to eat good food lol

you must have terrible bad karma from a previous life to have turned out this way, angry and bitter, a starving virgin..

1. Sharma, there's no such thing as karma. There is just this life which must be made good, not only for oneself but also for others, and this stands true even if human life is extended to 500 years.

2. I don't consider anyone, Gaddafi included, as supreme over Nature. And neither Gaddafi nor Nature intended and intends that Arveena Khatoon should have died of hunger and thirst while Sharma's 10 dogs gorge on kababs and cakes every day, and every day the two million idolating temples in India have their idols offered / poured / wasted thousands of liters of milk and curds and thousands of tons of coconut, sugar and other food material.

IMO these countries / cultures have mastered the following:

Pakistan - Salan/Curries and Rice based cuisine
Turks - Breakfast, Kebabs & Deserts
Arabs - Shawarma and Fried stuff
Italians - Anything with Cheese
Americans - Burgers + anything and everything Junk
Nordic - Pastries
French - Bakery

Everyone else are mediocre. India obviously has to be ranked as one of the last countries in terms of quality of good, choices of food and hygiene of food
Hygiene is a work in progress and implementation and policies belong to state government. If people are educated, they will insist on better hygiene and will promote those businesses which have strict hygiene standards.

Terrible list and many people would testify to that. If you want bland, dull and no variety sure try the food from many of those countries.
Asian nations should lead the way.
Japanese food in the top 5? 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
I do admit I like Indian food but not Japanese. Some drunk folks must have mistaken Japanese food for Chinese food.
Bro, have you tried Japanese food? Almost everything is uncooked and tasteless.

Indian cuisine is not known for beef dishes.

Veg and non veg such as lamb, chicken? Yes.

Beef dishes? Not at all.

Shame on you for your lies.
Sadly beef is my favorite. 😆

Japanese food in the top 5? 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
I do admit I like Indian food but not Japanese. Some drunk folks must have mistaken Japanese food for Chinese food.
Bro, have you tried Japanese food? Almost everything is uncooked and tasteless.

Sadly beef is my favorite. 😆
Japanese food taste terrible i agree. the Sushi is ok but their cooking is just not tasty and pricey. Korean and Chinese and Thai food is best in Asia for sure.

Japanese food taste terrible i agree. the Sushi is ok but their cooking is just not tasty and pricey. Korean and Chinese and Thai food is best in Asia for sure.
Agreed, bro!

Back
Top Bottom