What's new

A tweet claimed Karachi's food is the best in Pakistan and Lahoris have a lot to say about this

What they call tea there is in fact Dudhpati. That's a thing as soon as you go north of Islamabad. If you want chai, you have to explicitly tell them not to make dudhpati and instead make "pani wali chai". Hence why I thought that what you had had was Dudhpati as well.
May be you're right Sir i can't remember correctly

There is a reason why Karachi is called Mini Pakistan.
Karachi has a variety in food from all corners of the country, be it food or people. It even extends beyond our borders.
From Afghani pulao to bengali kacha golla mithayi, every sort of South Asian food can be found in one Pakistani city.
Be it week days or weekends, late night outing or khappa is a usual thing for us Karachites.
Actually it is the only thing good left in our city in this mismanaged and politically instable city.

Which city is the cleanest?

Lahore, of course.
And as for Karachi, it depends on which area you are visiting.

There is a reason why Karachi is called Mini Pakistan.
Karachi has a variety in food from all corners of the country, be it food or people. It even extends beyond our borders.
From Afghani pulao to bengali kacha golla mithayi, every sort of South Asian food can be found in one Pakistani city.
Be it week days or weekends, late night outing or khappa is a usual thing for us Karachites.
Actually it is the only thing good left in our city in this mismanaged and politically instable city.

Lahore, of course.
And as for Karachi, it depends on which area you are visiting.
I've been misinformed then, this Turkish youtuber went to Lahore and reported it as the dirtiest city on earth.

open sewers is a bit of a bad sign

I've been misinformed then, this Turkish youtuber went to Lahore and reported it as the dirtiest city on earth.

I only visited Lahore once and at that time it was much cleaner than Karachi.
In Pakistan, it depends on which area of the any city you are visiting.
Ab is bande ko mein kya bataun ke khyber se karachi tak gandagi phelane mein pura Pakistan mutehad hai...

Its all relative. Between Lahore and Karachi, Lahore is cleaner. But I would say Islamabad is the cleanest city in Pakistan.

Unfortunately, waste management and hygiene have been a problem in Pakistan for most of its history. There are many reasons. But the biggest reason is the ineptitude and corruption in governments (all levels). That has resulted in apathy among the masses, who no longer care to keep their towns and cities clean.

Karachi, unfortunately, is a victim of conflict between different levels of government (federal vs provincial, provincial vs municipal). There is a stalemate between all three, and in the mean time, the city and its people are suffering.

The current government is trying to promote a "Clean and Green Pakistan". But inadequate funds, and politics are getting in the way (especially for the "clean" part). But I am hopeful that things will change for the better in the next few years.

You'll find what you are looking for. If he's going to roam around only the most difficult neighborhoods of the city then that is his prerogative. Everything that he has shown, I have seen it and more in Istanbul, Toronto, Paris, and New York. Comes with being a large city.

Lahore, or any other city in Pakistan, is most certainly leagues from being perfect. However, what you see in that video is the worst of it and the rest of the city does not look like it.

Last edited:
You'll find what you are looking for. If he's going to roam around only the most difficult neighborhoods of the city then that is his prerogative. Everything that he has shown, I have seen it and more in Istanbul, Toronto, Paris, and New York. Comes with being a large city.

Lahore, or any other city in Pakistan, is most certainly leagues from being perfect. However, what you see in that video is the worst of it and most of the city does not look like it.
I have spent my whole life in İstanbul and I have never seen some of the stuff he's shown. Open sewers for example. I'm very curious which district of İstanbul you saw such things.

But I should have been clearer. He's citing air pollution indexes while saying "dirtiest city on earth"

Another Turkish dude went to Karachi and I agree it looks dirtier

Back
Top Bottom