What's new

Indian food-- Best in the world

Nihari was invented in Delhi a century back by a Hakim.
The Hindu Business Line : Nihari a la Mexican style

Haji Noora whom I was raving about earlier in this thread claims to be his descendant.

No need to quote Hindu business line ... Nihari is far older than a century mate ... dig web sites which are fair. Next thing you will claim is that Pilau is also an Indian invention :)

Read Asokas pillar inscriptions, Mahabharata, Manu Smrit, Arthashashtra, rajput royalty cookbooks, kashmiri pandit cookbooks etc. they mention meat eating and some contain recipes too

Majority of Indians are non-veg regardless of what your elders prescribed. This has been the case for centuries and you need to accept history. Do you also claim that tea was invented by local Hindus?

Haha....

ab971e928dcbfc28e8ba6f17c4f3e03b.jpg

Jowar Bhakri+Loncha+Kanda+Bhareli Wangi :cheers:

This looks very different from Pakistani food. Never seen this in my life.

No need to quote Hindu business line ... Nihari is far older than a century mate ... dig web sites which are fair.

Business Line is a Financial Daily from THE HINDU group of publications.
I reckon, The Hindu is by far the best Indian newspaper.

Next thing you will claim is that Pilau is also an Indian invention :)

You are a crappy prophet.

Majority of Indians are non-veg regardless of what your elders prescribed. This has been the case for centuries and you need to accept history.

There are no census figures regarding your assertions, but from my observations majority of Indians could possibly be vegetarian and not non-vegetarian. Such has been the case for millenia too.
About elders, well there are too many conflicting philosophies in India, such would be your opinion too if you were to have actually read them.

YOU NEED TO LEARN HISTORY. I have accepted history, Meat eating in India has been going on since since at least 8000BC. Bhimbetka rock paintings are proof that Indians were hunting and eating meat. And there is no glory or pride in eating meat nor in not eating it.

Do you also claim that tea was invented by local Hindus?

You are a crappy prophet x2. :guns: :angel:

The best " muglai paratta" ( stuffed with spiced lamb) was made by my Pakistani friend's mom at her home in Dallas - she is fom Lucknow and moved to Lahore as a teen.

I asked her if this was Indian or pakistani cuisine. her answer?

"Yes"!

interestingly all Indo/Pak restaurants here advertise themselves as "Indian cuisine" and the main cook is from bangladesh or is a Punjabi!:enjoy:

The best "cool down the flames" drink is milk. It works for Mexican Jalapenos also. Water just spreads the 'effin flames..!!!

Oh and I heard student biryani made it to India! Or someone with that name started shop there too. Student Biryani started as a dhaba next to some university in Karachi.

Ok I can go on forever, I'm the king of a big Foodom!

ZC-57 Katrak Road

The famous Student's Biryani in Saddar. They have the best biryani in Karachi. Very spicy, but must eat.

I used to go there when I visited rainbow center to visit my frnds.

Never had proper marathi cuisine, though marathi fast food is awesome.
any good restaurants for marathi cuisine in bombay or poona ? and by any chance outside the state ?

Well pretty much any small restaurant in Mumbai or Pune with Marathi signs on it I guess.

As far as outside the state, let me tell you as a Marathi I am astonished and disappointed that my cuisine is never promoted outside Maharashtra. I've had it once - in Manali of all places.

Well pretty much any small restaurant in Mumbai or Pune with Marathi signs on it I guess.
As far as outside the state, let me tell you as a Marathi I am astonished and disappointed that my cuisine is never promoted outside Maharashtra. I've had it once - in Manali of all places.

Can't read marathi !!
Manali ? were you trippin on some Manalla cream ? :tongue: I believe you can get a variety of cuisines at Dharamshala and McLeodganj.

There has been lot of discussions on which regions food is better and which one is worse. In my opinion it is the matter of taste buds, those all who say eating meat is the best would not go to China, Cambodia etc., and would not like try their food based on Several Birds, spiders, insects and reptiles. However, that is a cuisine for that part of the world.

Between Indian Punjabi, and Pakistani food there is only one comparison, the partition has made Pakistanis getting more inspired with Arabian or middle eastern (Morocco, Lebanese) food, who do not like to eat their meat with lot of spices and hotness. Whereas, Indians like with their meat, or curries with spices (Lot of them), even the Muslims in India, if someone has tried Hyderabadi Biryani.

There is no comparison between South Indian and Pakistani food. South Indians too are meat lovers as there is a general misconception about them that they eat only Dosas, Idlis etc. That is far from the truth, Lot of Deccan varieties that are available in Karachi, is from Malabar (Keralites). If you visit Southern India, you will find that people are hard-core non-vegetarian, along with their healthy veg breakfast, people do eat beef, lamb, chicken, rabbits, fowls, deers etc. and the seafood from southern and western part of the India is incomparable.

Pulao, Tandoori food is all inspired from Persia in Indian sub-continent and that is what has been carried till today in Pakistan and North India. Pakistani cuisine has evolved now a little bit due to other influences and surely, it should get its recognition. However, it is sad that even Pakistanis and Bangladeshis use "Indian" word when they are operating restaurants in UK, US.

In addition, there is no replacement for the Bengali cuisines, which has given the most loved sweets like Ras Malai, Rasgolla, Gulab Jamun, Sandesh, Cham Cham etc. invented by KC DAS (Calcutta) and all the complete range of Bengali sweets, including the Fish recipes.

So, let’s not fight on food, there are many things to fight about. Concisely, Indian food is extremely popular due to its variety and so can be Pakistani and Bangladeshi cuisines.

@jivo its not true......Just google Pakistani resturants in england or USA and see urself.

Abt Pakistani food....U know nothing abt it........Its a variety coz of our ethnic diversity....... Learn abt it.

57 languages are spoken in Pakistan.......... Whilt only 8% Pakistanis are muhajirs who have their own cuisines.

Read this......though not very informative but a good over view of Pakistani food.

Pakistani cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

well, i need not as i have personally seen this in NY, Vegas and other places. i know not everyone does that but you can't say that no one does it.

I am aware of the diversity, language and food but that all is there in India as well, so how different it can be to western world.

I've never seen this before in Pakistan either.

the diversity in India can not only surprise the non-Indians but also the Indians..

Even I had never seen it before I coming to Mumbai.It is widely popular in the state of M.P. as well.It tastes really good,not to heavy,something that one can have for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom