What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

People in Hanoi can speak English quite good, so dont worry. About Vietnamese language, you dont and cannot learn it if not staying there forever, since Vietnamese has six different tone accents,(Chinese Mandarin has 4) and different accents can be made up with different meanings, which situation I'm afraid only can be found in East Asia. At last, dont forget buy some VND before you leave hometown. Using USD or changing money directly in local sometimes cannot have a good price. At last, no need to worry about safety, but as a same discipline: Dont go out in the midnight,
Vietnam is a safe place. You can feel as safe as in Europe. It is never a problem to go out midnight.

Heat map: Terrorism around the world (the U.S. is among the least affected)

gti2011.jpg

terriskmap.jpg

can any Chinese tell me in what year and country this painting below shows?

ntEn0LU3.jpg

Động Kinh (Tonkin) is the name of Hanoi, Vietnam from 1430 to 1831.
This painting show two monks (an old man with fan and a young boy to the left) with shaved head, which are common shave-style for monks during this era. The attires depicted are common during the 1400s to early 1600s in Vietnam.

This painting show two monks (an old man with fan and a young boy to the left) with shaved head, which are common shave-style for monks during this era. The attires depicted are common during the 1400s to early 1600s in Vietnam.
Đông Kinh (Kingdom in the East), not 'Động Kinh', bro. 'Động Kinh' is brain disease :D

Đông Kinh (Kingdom in the East), not 'Động Kinh', bro. 'Động Kinh' is brain disease :D

It is typing mistake bro.

Here is pic of part of Citadel of Tây Đô relics ( Western Capital or Tây Kinh) of Vietnam, in Thanh Hóa Province.

Thanh-nha-Ho%20(2).jpg

18537-ce1bbada-nam-thanh-nha-he1bb93.gif

Last edited:

Interesting.

Any one can tell me Vietnamese version of Annam-Siam war?

first of all, Annam is the not correct name for this period, but Dai Viet. Annam (peaceful South) was the former name when Vietnam was under Chinese rule. the name was changed later to Dai Viet (Great Viet). the war became unavoidable as Siam Kingdom sought hegemony in Laos and Cambodia.

In short, 3 wars were fought between Vietnam and Siam.

1785: Vietnamese victory
1831-34: Vietnamese victory
1841-45: undecided. Peace treaty, Cambodia was placed under joint Siamese-Vietnamese protection.

Carte_royaume_de_Siam.png

Vietnam became later the dominant power over Laos and Cambodia.

indochina.gif

Last edited:

"Tonkin" also named of Northern Vietnam in the past.
A sea gulf located next to North Vietnam that called "Gulf of Tonkin",

Tonkin, or "Dong Kinh", the same meaning with Tokyo, Japan.

This is the international version:
One of the renown victories in Vietnamese Naval history was the Battle of Rạch Gầm-Xoài Mút in Tây Sơn Dynasty, during which Nguyễn Huệ (Emperor Quang Trung) defeated the Siamese (Thai) naval force. The battle occurred in present-day Tiền Giang Province on January 19, 1785. Nguyễn Huệ's forces completely destroyed over 50,000 Siamese sailors and 300 warships.

This is Vietnamese version:
:: Lich su Viet Nam ::
tranRGXM.jpg

A Monument of Victory over Siam:
Khu_di_t%C3%ADch_chi%E1%BA%BFn_th%E1%BA%AFng_G%E1%BA%A1ch_G%E1%BA%A7m_Xo%C3%A0i_M%C3%BAt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom