What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

Yesterday, AS Roma beat Vietnam 2-1 in U19 friendly, but Im satisfied with U 19 VN's pressing during the match :D

Watch this link to see U -19 showing their skills
Xem video clip Những show trình diễn kỹ thuật của U19 Việt Nam - VnExpress
AS Roma defeated Vietnam 2-1 in their first match of the International U19 FootballTournament in HCM City on January 6.

Valerio Trani scored a double for the visiting side while Le Van Son found the only goal for the hosts.

The Vietnamese boys started the game in high spirits after recent successes, egged on by fans who had turned up in droves.

They quickly set the pace of the match with consecutive attacks since the whistle.

Phuong missed scoring chances in U19 Vietnam's debut at thetournament (Photo: Tung Le)

Nguyen Cong Phuong and Hong Thanh Truong needed just eight minutes toproduce the first threat of a goal against the Italians, but Roma custodian Lorenzo Zonfrilli had the better of the ensuring exchange.

Phuong proved to be the sharpest player for the hosts, repeatedly testing Zonfrilli continuously. He had the spectators stand up with a 13th minute strike, but his shot found the left pole and bounced back.

Just a minute later, Zonfrilli was defeated for the second time, but Phuong’s tap in was stopped just in time by a defender.

The Vietnamese treats did not faze the AS Roma players, however. They found the opening goal from a rapid counter-attack.

Daniele Verde, receiving the ball from Jacopo Ferri’s pass in the box, heeled it back to Trani, who ran in from the outside to slot the ball into a goal.

The hosts were able to level proceedings with a penalty i the 34th minute that striker Son duly converted.

The equaliser motivated the hosts to dominate the proceedings and create a series of opportunities, but they were unable to find the net. Train scored te winning goal for the visitors with a rapid run that left the Vietnamese defenders napping.

Coach Guiilaume Graechen’s effected two changes in the line up, but they did not work. His side came close to conceding a third goal in the 85th minute, when the Republic of Korean referee awarded a penalty to the hosts. Truong successfully stopped a straight shot by Adamo Matteo.

In thelast minute, Phuong missed another scoring chance with a shot that went straight into Zonfrilli’s hands.

Their victory helped AS Roma share top position with English Premier League’s Tottenham Hotspurs, who had earlier come from behind to beat Japan- 2-1 in the opening match.

In the next round n January 8, Vietnam will play Japan, and AS Roma will faceTottenham Hotspur.

The winners of the tournament, which will be decided after the third round on January 10, will win a bonus of US$100,000, a prize-money record for the tournamentorganised by the Vietnam Football Federation.
AS Roma beat Vietnam in U19 friendly — TalkVietnam

Last edited:
Holy crap! I check local news of Dongyang ,you are right !!!Unbelievable habit!

I have never been to San jose, I went to Phoniex /Tuson/LA/SD

Next time I will go to SJ!!
San Jose and Westminster have the most Vietnamese population in America. Check out for "little Saigon". SJ is said to host the richest Vietnamese community in the States, thanks to the proximity to Silicon Valley. I was there.

Little Saigon in San Jose (CA)
154470-DP-120904-LS_400.jpg

Little Saigon in Westminster (CA)
little-saigon.jpg

Last edited:
foreigner animals and sexual predators please listen to me, Annam is a huge dump! please take your monies and go elsewhere, that's what Thailand and Phillipines exist for, don't listen to the Annams on PDF, they are no good capitalist pigs love money :)

here is what expert said but it doesn't take genius to know these things
Tourism in many Third World countries is little more than whorism.
Visitor behavior can have a detrimental effect on the quality of life of the host community. For example, crowding and congestion, drugs and alcohol problems, prostitution and increased crime levels can occur. Tourism can even infringe on human rights, with locals being displaced from their land to make way for new hotels or barred from beaches. Interaction with tourists can also lead to an erosion of traditional cultures and values. >:{

foreigner animals and sexual predators please listen to me, Annam is a huge dump! please take your monies and go elsewhere, that's what Thailand and Phillipines exist for, don't listen to the Annams on PDF, they are no good capitalist pigs love money :)
.. >:{
you are a PSYCHOPATH.

you are a PSYCHOPATH.
verily, verily, I say unto you
thank you for your kind words and peace be upon you : )

the greedy Annams is true untermenschen race welcomed barbaric sexual predators onto their soils! -_-

We are a family.

The Viets and Southern Han´s are much closer in terms of look than to the Northern Han´s. Nevertherless we all share the same cultures and custom. Many Viets consider the Southern Hans (Cantonese) as their true brothers and sisters as we both lived a country called NamViet in ancient times.

One of the major differences between the Viets and the Han´s lies the position of women in the society. Traditionally Viets women have more say and right than their sisters in China.
Yep, quite agree with that^^ Ancient Girls in rich Chinese family even cannot meet unknown guys before wedding.

Lol that's just it, I can't tell her I'm going there, she would want to go with me.

My mother's worried about safety and such. Do people speak in English?

edit: I mean April THIS year.
People in Hanoi can speak English quite good, so dont worry. About Vietnamese language, you dont and cannot learn it if not staying there forever, since Vietnamese has six different tone accents,(Chinese Mandarin has 4) and different accents can be made up with different meanings, which situation I'm afraid only can be found in East Asia. At last, dont forget buy some VND before you leave hometown. Using USD or changing money directly in local sometimes cannot have a good price. At last, no need to worry about safety, but as a same discipline: Dont go out in the midnight,

I´m afraid that´s it.

If you think Vietnam offers too litle for your money, or the country poses uncalculated risk for your personal safety, then it is better to stay away. The Viet people speak Vietnamese.
Hey brother, dont be angry. Thinking to much is quite normal especially when people first time come a new place. Understand^^

People in Hanoi can speak English quite good, so dont worry. About Vietnamese language, you dont and cannot learn it if not staying there forever, since Vietnamese has six different tone accents,(Chinese Mandarin has 4) and different accents can be made up with different meanings, which situation I'm afraid only can be found in East Asia. At last, dont forget buy some VND before you leave hometown. Using USD or changing money directly in local sometimes cannot have a good price. At last, no need to worry about safety, but as a same discipline: Dont go out in the midnight,

Mhm, my trips looking a bit iffy now. Might not be able to go because of work troubles :(

胡班交侬上海闲话,特些筒伤班起则。88

I am Shanghainese as well, you don't have to teach me this, but i just don't like to read Shanghainese in writing.

BTW, we have to keep our conversation in English in this forum, it is the rule.

Back
Top Bottom