What's new

Confirmed Pics of T-129 in different altitudes & climates in Pakistan

This is the only sanction free option
5233-1.jpg

its a case of forced tests and shoved deal. Seeing that PAA is going for other options and ATAK stand much less a chance if any, it is shoved down our throats. PAA does not like it. the shaky platform, small size, thin armor, lackluster maneuverability, plenty of sanction prone western tech are all -ves of ATAK.

Having a proof to back up what you are claiming about Atak ?

-PAA doesn't like it
-Shaky platform
-Lackluster maneuverability (You are pointing out Atak as lackluster maneuverability but How? Actually, It has one of the best power/weight ratio among copters, even in full loaded conditions but You favour Chinese one whose Power/Weight ratio Pakistan tested, can't even come close what Atak provides so Chinese officials plan to develop more powerful one. If you ask me, It is what we called as prejudice)

A light attack helicopter can't provide an ultimate protection like Apache, Hovac. Tiger and T-129 and other similar copters more or less provide similar protections. If you want better, You should consider some heavier class. It is not about Atak's deficiency but necessity of their concepts in similar class.

Last edited:
Turkey selected A129 INT mainly for the ToT as Turkey has ambitions to locally develop family of helicopters.

Otherwise Turkish Army wanted AH-1Z, mainly for the familiarity of the platform.

T-129 will definitely be a pocket rocket and avionics wise will challenge even AH64 Block 3 -if- MOD grants permission for UAV integration and other defense systems like DIRCM.

T-129 also has benefit of having its full armament consisting of Turkish missiles.

8 UMTAS - 10kg HEAT or HE warhead, laser or IIR TV seeker with 8km range
12 CIRIT - 3kg TRI-Mode or HE warhead, laser seeker with 8km range

Last edited:
"T-129 with its 5 rotor blades are like Ferrari of copters."
It is the description of AH-1W Turkish pilots operating T-129 Atak at present. That's my reference to point out it is not a shaky platform. Turkish Land Forces is a difficult costumer for industry. They never accept anything without extensive test phase.

AH-1W

T-129 Atak 02:00 over Istanbul !

Last edited:
If you ask me, It is what we called as prejudice)

Bro, Pakistanis never had any prejudice when it comes to Turkey. I m no military stuff expert but there can be lot of reasons we opted for Chinese one over yours, money probably?

Whether we opt for Turkish weapons or not, we know your weapons are very lethal and of NATO standard, means Quality. People should know that we highly regard advancements you guys are doing in your "Made in Turkey" process.

All the best and good luck. Will love to see more cooperation in future.

Probably. The WZ-10 may make up the bulk of the force, with AH-1Z and T-129 meant as higher end systems (a hi-lo mixture).
PA need urgent stop gap and seems PA is going for Chinese Z10 , if they already come over engine issue.

@Chinese-Dragon Any info about Z10 engine manufactured in China.

Now a days its very hard to market new product in the specialized item market. Specially ,if buyers is unaware of vital part of a products origin point or any chance of sanctions on any major part of weapon.

Last edited:
its a case of forced tests and shoved deal. Seeing that PAA is going for other options and ATAK stand much less a chance if any, it is shoved down our throats. PAA does not like it. the shaky platform, small size, thin armor, lackluster maneuverability, plenty of sanction prone western tech are all -ves of ATAK.

You will see the modified Z-10s soon in PA, the specs of which have already been handed to chinese. As a goodwill gesture, we have the option to keep the current z10s if we want to. Seems like we obliged by showing them in the parade :)
Sir, ye post ap pehle kr dete tu bht se logu ka wakt zaya na huta....
shukria

ok so last candidate of this game is here lets see what results come out

You will see the modified Z-10s soon in PA, the specs of which have already been handed to chinese. As a goodwill gesture, we have the option to keep the current z10s if we want to. Seems like we obliged by showing them in the parade :)
sir may be these are old images leaked now ?

Even the Turks are working on a MM Radar called MILDAR for the T-129
Chinese already have an operational MMW radar
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAeDAAAAJDY0ZmFiYTg2LWE1YjktNDgxMi04ZGIwLWJkNGY4OTg1NGRhYg.jpg

This biggest advantage in going with the Chinese tech is that it can always be tailored to suit Pakistan's requirements.

The Z-10s are there like that halwa from your loving Phuppo that you know isnt sweet or what you like, but you take it because its free and its something.
Same is applicable for JF-17, Al-Khalid and the rest of the Chinese equipment in Pakistan military's inventory, Right?

1. This test could be done just to see the performence of the chopper in different climates.So it might be just for Tai's resource program.

2. If our **** friends are testing this chopper,they will most probably buy it,just waiting for the right time(money or funding)

3.Is T-129 superiour than others ? I think yes,If it gets its Milimetric radar as soon as possible.(if you have money,you just buy Apache,if you can't buy Apache,you buy Atak.)

4.It is and its all arnements are NATO product.

5.I think you can fit your weapons to T-129.Because its missin computer is Turkish.

6.We also have worries about US engines,we started our own engine program,so maybe "Super Atak" or the following chopper will most probably be with local engine.

7.Turkey has some resource programs and products and it doesn'T look like we will stop in short time.Our products are not the "stars" of the market but Price/Performance products.

8.Now Turkey is trying to make its own jet (at least 4,5 gen) and some foreign firms trying to take part in it (rolls royce,eurojet etc) but we are waiting for enough TOT.Our chopper,car(electric),derivated UAV engines,turbojet and turbofan engine developments on bench.

9.We should also think tomorrow.What China is offering tomorrow and what Turkey is offering tomorrow.And also what are the US relations with India.I think US is getting better and better with Indıa,so Pakistan should be too.If they choose a side(china) conflict will happen.USA doesn't want its two allies to fight with each other.

Theese are just my comments.

can any body tell what is the equal no. of helis required by Pak for both east n west..and how many pak does have? Also how many we need to replace???

Having a proof to back up what you are claiming about Atak ?

-PAA doesn't like it
-Shaky platform
-Lackluster maneuverability (You are pointing out Atak as lackluster maneuverability but How? Actually, It has one of the best power/weight ratio among copters, even in full loaded conditions but You favour Chinese one whose Power/Weight ratio Pakistan tested, can't even come close what Atak provides so Chinese officials plan to develop more powerful one. If you ask me, It is what we called as prejudice)

A light attack helicopter can't provide an ultimate protection like Apache, Hovac. Tiger and T-129 and other similar copters more or less provide similar protections. If you want better, You should consider some heavier class. It is not about Atak's deficiency but necessity of their concepts in similar class.

I have seen Ferrari of battle tanks (Desert Ferrari by DRDO) somewhere but here comes the ferrari of helis. thats just lol :rofl:

Ask your sources about it, they will hopefully tell you something :P

Turks are quite desperate for a sale, trust me, remember this desperate episode?

http://pakmr.blogspot.com/2013/09/pakistani-pm-nawaz-sharif-signs-mou-for.html

The Z10 being a newer platform has much more room for upgrades and changes, the same cannot be said for A-129 Mangusta or its twin sibling the 129.

the latest iteration
Z-10K_6362.jpg
of the Z-10, the K version wears a new camouflage and plenty of upgrades including attack system, avoinics, comm, EW , heavier armor, engines, FLCS including digital fly by wire, higher payload, and several features. even the current Z-10Ps have digital fly by wire and other goodies.

The Z-10s are there like that halwa from your loving Phuppo that you know isnt sweet or what you like, but you take it because its free and its something.

your pouppo loves you to the extent that she has been consistently improving the halwa, and adding sugar

Z-10X_01.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen Ferrari of battle tanks (Desert Ferrari by DRDO) somewhere but here comes the ferrari of helis. thats just lol :rofl:

Ask your sources about it, they will hopefully tell you something :P

Turks are quite desperate for a sale, trust me, remember this desperate episode?

http://pakmr.blogspot.com/2013/09/pakistani-pm-nawaz-sharif-signs-mou-for.html

The Z10 being a newer platform has much more room for upgrades and changes, the same cannot be said for A-129 Mangusta or its twin sibling the 129.

the latest iteration
Z-10K_6362.jpg
of the Z-10, the K version wears a new camouflage and plenty of upgrades including attack system, avoinics, comm, EW , heavier armor, engines, FLCS including digital fly by wire, higher payload, and several features. even the current Z-10Ps have digital fly by wire and other goodies.

your pouppo loves you to the extent that she has been consistently improving the halwa, and adding sugar

Z-10X_01.jpg
I don't know but I am having a feeling that from Mi 28 and Z-10 and T-129 Pakistan is going to buy two of them which one can't say

Z-10 is almost a done deal
Than one more will come although I won't be shocked if other two also come. We are acting strange these days. Secondly Army Chief upcoming tour to Germany is also going to be interesting one because this is his second visit in his tenure.

Back
Top Bottom