What's new

Good News....Pak troops will have armored vehicles in hostile territories inside Pakistan.

THousands of casspirs/buffels are available around 40k a pop. Add refurbishment - around 100k/pop.

$100K a pop is CHEAP. It makes me wonder why can't Pakistan Army buy these vehicles? Maybe due to Kickbacks or something??

I think Our HIT unable to offer any auitable option in this context, and the army is reluctant to adopt a local option (cavlier etc.) Will hurt their own foot (i.e. HIT). That is the reason after twenty long years we are unable to come up with a solution. At least they (HIT) can go with a JV with KIA etc. To come with a reasonable MRAP cum Light Tactical Armored Vehicle to avoid casualities.

@Signalian
Sir, with due respect, we need to buy or make some MRAPs, in order to avoid casualities, coz this isn't a thing through which we can win the war, can save precious lives though?.

There might be another reason that our authorities isn't issuing MRAPs/APCs to patroling team to prove the point that there is absolutely fine with the so called hot zones? Isn't it?

Most Urgent & Important thing Pak needs to do is to either Privatize HIT & POF Or at least give a go ahead to Private sector in def. Sector both in the country & abroad to come & invest in Pak Def sector. And Offcourse the military must consider their products on top priority (upon their criteria though). Will ultimately help in private sect. Growth will creat more jobs & save some USD's also.

@Zarvan @Imran Khan

Last edited:
@Signalian
Sir, with due respect, we need to buy or make some MRAPs, in order to avoid casualities, coz this isn't a thing through which we can win the war, can save precious lives though?.

There might be another reason that our authorities isn't issuing MRAPs/APCs to patroling team to prove the point that there is absolutely fine with the so called hot zones? Isn't it?

Most Urgent & Important thing Pak needs to do is to either Privatize HIT & POF Or at least give a go ahead to Private sector in def. Sector both in the country & abroad to come & invest in Pak Def sector. And Offcourse the military must consider their products on top priority (upon their criteria though). Will ultimately help in private sect. Growth will creat more jobs & save some USD's also.

@Zarvan @Imran Khan
Exactly my point.

$100K a pop is CHEAP. It makes me wonder why can't Pakistan Army buy these vehicles? Maybe due to Kickbacks or something??
It is always that; or they want to get it free from the US. Anyway, thousands are available; buy and customise what you what them to do - put in any kind of engine - Iveco, Man, Dyna.

So many were sent over to SriLanka; they keep getting a few from time to time. Others are refurbished and bought out by UN for various clearing operations.

I think Our HIT unable to offer any auitable option in this context, and the army is reluctant to adopt a local option (cavlier etc.) Will hurt their own foot (i.e. HIT). That is the reason after twenty long years we are unable to come up with a solution. At least they (HIT) can go with a JV with KIA etc. To come with a reasonable MRAP cum Light Tactical Armored Vehicle to avoid casualities.
NO NO NO.....

You need to connect with South African companies - There are plenty of JVs they have done - right across UAE, KSA, Jordan, Kazakstan, Azerbaijan to name a few.

@Signalian

@Zarvan @Imran Khan
Bhai

I have explained all the points that I wanted to put forward in a previous post of mine in this thread. Nowhere have I said that MRAPs are not required. I have myself been an advocate of MRAPs and in some posts of mine I had even compared MRAPS with APCs and mentioned how an MRAP can be more effective than an APC under certain conditions.

I have to follow forum rules and I cannot let a thread deviate from the topic. MRAPs will save lives, yes, but is there a guarantee that there won't be causalities after PA buys 1000 MRAPs ? Can you or anybody guarantee that ?
The topic is "Good News....Pak troops will have armored vehicles in hostile territories inside Pakistan". This "inside" Pakistan points towards the issue of the war that Pakistani Military is fighting with insurgents and terrorists. It has been going on since 20 years and has to end.

When is an Armored vehicle or MRAP required ? To counter the firepower that enemy possesses. To go on an offensive and survive enemy hits. This means that enemy has enough firepower that an armored vehicle has to be sent to counter it. Now lets come to a MRAP. Enemy is using IEDs. So inside Pakistan, the enemy has so much freedom that they have time for movement and making an IED and then deploying an IED and also time to wait for the Military vehicle to come near it so they can push the trigger. Now members here want that vehicle to be an MRAP so the soldiers can survive the hit.

Honestly, would you rather stop the terrorist from entering and moving freely in Pakistan to make, plant and detonate an IED or would you cheer when Military spends millions to buy MRAPs. Would you not take necessary steps to completely finish this war or would you want to keep spending money to buy more weapons.

I don't want to comment any further as Im not stubborn neither stingy. I have laid out my thoughts, if somebody doesn't like them then i can only apologize and move forward.

Imo there are already Maxx pros , maxx pro recovery , Cassapir and Cougar MRAPs in service where needed , but then again who will tell dumbos that not every vehicle can be a mrap

Pakistan should go 100% for Turkish High Quality APC in small numbers 5 000 to 10,000 for frontier Patrol Force
Upgrade the interior forces over time 1,000 unit per year 10 year upgrade plan

• The Ex-Military Toyota Trucks can be sold to transport sector , to recover some funds back or give them to traffic police

1493854597_nurol-makina-ejder-yalcin-g4.jpg

Nurol_APC-1024x643.jpg

The handover should be prioritize , short quick contract

Last edited:
Pakistan should go 100% for Turkish High Quality APC in small numbers 5 000 to 10,000 for frontier Patrol Force
Upgrade the interior forces over time 1,000 unit per year 10 year upgrade plan

• The Ex-Military Toyota Trucks can be sold to transport sector , to recover some funds back or give them to traffic police

1493854597_nurol-makina-ejder-yalcin-g4.jpg

Nurol_APC-1024x643.jpg

The handover should be prioritize , short quick contract
It's Max 1billion to 2 in 10yrs not bad rest I agree with you give Dalas to police force make patrolling smooth

It's Max 1billion to 2 in 10yrs not bad rest I agree with you give Dalas to police force make patrolling smooth
Police should get rid of Dalas and get proper patrolling vehicles. I mean Sedans and SUVs and Hilux like Toyota Hilux. And lots of them. Every Police station should have dozens of dozens of them.

Police should get rid of Dalas and get proper patrolling vehicles. I mean Sedans and SUVs and Hilux like Toyota Hilux. And lots of them. Every Police station should have dozens of dozens of them.
yeh to america meh bhi har police station kay pass dozen of cars nahi hoti , pakistan ka budget dekho pehlay , har police station kay pass 4, 5 hilux hoti hain ,

yeh to america meh bhi har police station kay pass dozen of cars nahi hoti , pakistan ka budget dekho pehlay , har police station kay pass 4, 5 hilux hoti hain ,
Every Police Station has dozens of cars in USA. That is why they respond in very few time. Not just USA even small countries who work on Police have given several vehicles to their Police.

Honestly, would you rather stop the terrorist from entering and moving freely in Pakistan to make, plant and detonate an IED or would you cheer when Military spends millions to buy MRAPs. Would you not take necessary steps to completely finish this war or would you want to keep spending money to buy more weapons.

Why can't we have both? Everyone spends money, even you and me. We prioritise what we spend it on. I think most people here agree that we should spend some money on making sure our troops in hostile environments are safe. Armoured vehicles are only part of that process.

Politicians drive in vehicles with signal jammers, most IED's are detonated using mobile phones - why don't we equip our standard vehicles with jamming technology? Why don't we use drones to do recon on routes where vehicles are traveling, look for suspicious signs like freshly dug up earth or heat signatures of people hidden by the roadside?

It looks not on priority list. If it was so then even burraq the loosely assembled wildcat copy could be more effective than Toyota pick-ups

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom