What's new

MG to produce electric vehicles in Pakistan

@_NOBODY_
You need to understand the commute trend short/long. Like to market, masjid, academy etc. Then consider safety of the passengers, for crash point of view. Then economical aspect, Careem is expensive. Then parking space at home and outside. Then stability, as two wheeler are less stable.

A woman driving bike at high speed, with fluttering clothes seems awkward. Anyway, I am not talking about bikes. I am talking about small extra car so that the daily routine tasks can be carried out efficiently.

@_NOBODY_
You need to understand the commute trend short/long. Like to market, masjid, academy etc.
Motorbikes fulfil that role perfectly.
@_NOBODY_
Then consider safety of the passengers, for crash point of view. Then parking space at home and outside. Then stability, as two wheeler are less stable.
For Pakistanis practicality and cost effectiveness is 100 times more important than safety. 2 seater car is neither be more practical nor cheaper than motorbikes.
@_NOBODY_
I am talking about small extra car so that the daily routine tasks can be carried out efficiently.
Car being a 4 seater is a minimum requirement.

Motorbikes fulfil that role perfectly.
man.. you can't come out of motorbikes... anyway, its not perfect. Assume women, elderly driving bikes during rain, storm, fog etc.
For Pakistanis practicality and cost effectiveness is 100 times more important than safety. 2 seater car is neither be more practical nor cheaper than motorbikes.
The probability of injuries in bike hit are more than a car hit at same condition. With right tax conditions, as the OP is about, low operational cost/low import tariffs then people will buy small electric 2 seater cars. No?
Car being a 4 seater is a minimum requirement.
One can have both. It is a good solution to have a bigger car for long commute, office use and family trips. But smaller is safer, environmental friendly, derivable and best for short distances. Electrically charged and no emissions. So don't need 5-6 hours charging time as trips are short.

man.. you can't come out of motorbikes... anyway, its not perfect. Assume women, elderly driving bikes during rain, storm, fog etc.

The probability of injuries in bike hit are more than a car hit at same condition. With right tax conditions, as the OP is about, low operational cost/low import tariffs then people will buy small electric 2 seater cars. No?

One can have both. It is a good solution to have a bigger car for long commute, office use and family trips. But smaller is safer, environmental friendly, derivable and best for short distances. Electrically charged and no emissions. So don't need 5-6 hours charging time as trips are short.
Brother you need to understand the market. Over here people who can't afford a 4 seater car simply don't give a sh*t about safety, these people only care about the cost. Your points will only be valid if the mindset of these people change which is something that won't be changing anytime soon.

Assembled or produced?
Production would involve batteries, electronics and so on. Assembled means basically putting them together.

Assembled or produced?
Production would involve batteries, electronics and so on. Assembled means basically putting them together.
No country in the world manufacturers 100% of a car

No country in the world manufacturers 100% of a car
It is unlikely that any country does so(although the United states had achieved this in the late 30s and 40s with every component American) but key components such as the batteries, motors and chassis are all designed and build within one country.

Assembled or produced?
Javid Afridi used the word produce, let's wait for more details to emerge. He has been teasing about bringing electric vehicles to Pakistan for a while now and today he has officially announced it.

Wuling mini ev.
Basically Rs 7-9 lac as there is just 1% tax and zero FED. ( $4150 for base model and $5600 for upper one) a 100 mile range ( in city driving electric cars give optimal range so realistically speaking 100-120km range per charge is guranteed). Its a 10kw for base and 13kwh for upper model. So with the electricity rates now adays one can charge it at home for Rs 160 to Rs 250.
So thats less than 3 Rs per km.
On top of it no oil changes, transmission fluids and less general maintainance as less nunber of moving parts.
We will come to safety later.

But you are telling me this is available in Pakistan for under a million PKR for the first kilometer?

We will come to safety later.

But you are telling me this is available in Pakistan for under a million PKR for the first kilometer?

Safety is not worse than mehran or alto. Most seeling ev in china so i bet it got its basic covered in the safety department.

Yep, going by the base price of vehicle internatiinally, the price modeling of other assembled cars and the newly announced taxation not to forget the tweet explicitly mentioning the price point.

Most likely will hit the market in a year.

Safety is not worse than mehran or alto.

Yep, going by the base price of vehicle internatiinally, the price modeling of other assembled cars and the newly announced taxation not to forget the tweet explicitly mentioning the price point.

Most likely will hit the market in a year.

I will ask you the walkout showroom price in a year and then we can discuss if battery explosions caused by poor quality electric supply is safer or the tawwakal of Mehran..Inshallah

I will ask you the walkout showroom price in a year and then we can discuss if battery explosions caused by poor quality electric supply is safer or the tawwakal of Mehran..Inshallah

Going preety well in China so no such issues, better worry about the big mans tesla. Dont belittle a poor mans EV.

Petrol is 5 times more expensive than electricity in Pakistan.

This is an SUV, it will bought by rich and upper middleclass.
U uave no idea of ground facts.

Electric vehicles are expensive to buy whereas this is a cheap SUV.

Local manufacturing means to make it profitable u should have a minimum production to meet fixed cost.

But very few people can buy it as a spare car as there r almost no charging station in pakistan and are not coming soon.

I bet it will be import initially and then it will be locally produced if market respond (which is unlikely).

Last but not the least MG owners are fraud and are involved in heavy under invoicing. This afridi guy is another type of jahangir tareen and i hope IK get knowledge of this.

He is officially importing car at 11k usd in CBU unit whereas official other countries r buying it in 27k usd.

Whereas selling them same vehicle in 44 lakh.

Even if assume that 11k is correct price then this product should have been sold at 25 to 30 lakh at tops including all expenses.

These type of companies r a burden on country as smuggling means a genuine manufacturer and honest tax payer cant compete.

FBR needs to grab this day time robbery.

Back
Top Bottom