What's new

Confirmed Pics of T-129 in different altitudes & climates in Pakistan

I have a question and I don't know who can answer me. Why does Pak Army heli's never carry missiles? I've seen MANY Cobra flights even in combat. But the AGM missile hard-points are ALWAYS empty. Just the Rockets are installed in every case. Same thing is visible in the pictures of T-129 heli's too. No Missiles, just Rocket pods.

Any specific reason? @Irfan Baloch @Zarvan @DESERT FIGHTER (and whoever might know the answer to this)?

Hope you will be satisfy now!

Cobra_cropped.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
p9260006-2.jpg

they are hard to come by and are reserved for our sherikay on the east. hellfire or their Pakistani version.. are not cheap and are meant for anti armour role.

they might have been employed but we can only speculate. even a moviing vehcile has no chance against its chain gun

uncle Sam is generous and excessive in use of its weaponary .. we got to be sparing specially when the mood swings in USA mean that they stall our agreed supplies (not aid) whenever they feel like

but like you correctly pointed out.. mainly they carry rockets and ammo for its chain gun..if you check out the up close videos then you will see that these two weapons do their job

I wish and pray that we ditch the super cobras for these gunships.. we will be made to bleed and bend over for cobra spares and initial supplies due to obnoxious US congress .

I know it makes you feel good but your gunship is indeed kickass and I mean it. our initial observation was only the possibility of Americans congress pissing on its sale due to American components that come under their foreign export control regimes.

but lets see.
by the way I know you got good chance of using it against the PKK and Daesh etc.. but its good that it can be tested in Balochistan as well where Indians are using Baloch rebels to disrupt our projects

China'se Z-10s are also confirmed inside Pakistan but they dont come close to your marvel. no matter what the paper stats say.. your machine comes from an established pedigree of attack helicopters.
For T-129 to come we need to go for Italian engine for these

Well Pakistan has to replace 60 Cobras..

Is there a Chance of increasing the number of Attack Heli's

15 AH-1Z
30 T-129
30 WZ-10 combo of east and west :D
I don't know about the exact mixture, but with recent events, Pakistan will be reluctant to go for more US attack helis; This is likely why Pakistan has renewed its interest towards the T-129. If Pakistan does go for the T-129s, it may end up with Pakistan gaining a local assembly line, with a limited amount of ToT + 2 free T-129s (this was the original deal that Turkey was offering Pakistan).

While I do think the WZ-10 will likely make up the bulk of Pakistan's heli fleet, Pakistan has also shown a reluctance to induct the WZ-10, as it worries about the reliability of the WZ-10 system.

Mixture of WZ-10 and TAI T-129? with AH-1Z?
This heli is good but it too is sanction prone WZ 10 shuold be our priority there is also option of tot in wz 10,s cSe

I did too.. The footage although didn't confirm the terrain to be Pakistan... It only showed T-129s flying over arid terrain.
Lets keep two three ATAK,s for milli milli army at Torkham so they keep their loy ideas to themselves :D

At this point I am of the belief that the Pakistan Army will settle on two dedicated attack helicopters: AH-1Z and one other type. I don't think we'll see the other type selected any time soon, they're just touching base with each of the vendors and are keeping an eye on how the market develops. For now, the attack helicopter requirement is largely driven by COIN, and that will be resolved by the AH-1Z. Long-term, they may be looking at a larger number of attack helicopters to provide CAS coverage in mass armour and infantry deployments, but that system probably won't be a thing until the 2020s, IMHO.

I don't know about the exact mixture, but with recent events, Pakistan will be reluctant to go for more US attack helis; This is likely why Pakistan has renewed its interest towards the T-129. If Pakistan does go for the T-129s, it may end up with Pakistan gaining a local assembly line, with a limited amount of ToT + 2 free T-129s (this was the original deal that Turkey was offering Pakistan).

While I do think the WZ-10 will likely make up the bulk of Pakistan's heli fleet, Pakistan has also shown a reluctance to induct the WZ-10, as it worries about the reliability of the WZ-10 system.
I doubt it, the T-129's will carry the US engine which should be ok if Hillary comes to power. Otherwise they will have to look for a European retrofit with either the engines from the Tigre or otherwise.
Still, the T-129's along with the AH-1Z will form the main punch as the Ah-1s are phased our or relegated purely to COIN.
The Z-10s are there like that halwa from your loving Phuppo that you know isnt sweet or what you like, but you take it because its free and its something.

I doubt it, the T-129's will carry the US engine which should be ok if Hillary comes to power. Otherwise they will have to look for a European retrofit with either the engines from the Tigre or otherwise.
Still, the T-129's along with the AH-1Z will form the main punch as the Ah-1s are phased our or relegated purely to COIN.
The Z-10s are there like that halwa from your loving Phuppo that you know isnt sweet or what you like, but you take it because its free and its something.

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

I think T-129 is more for eastern border than western border where COIN operation have been carried out by older AH-1Zs.

Z-10 engine is a Pratt & Whitney engine but copied and manufactured by China. There was a long dispute between Canada and China on this. The engine was sourced from P&W Canada.

Anything with american/yanki origin components is going to screw us in future, but will PA recognize this, I think romance is not over yet despite having a bitter divorce.

Back
Top Bottom