What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Charles Lister started as a "Charlatan" or let's say "An Amateur jumping on Rumors" and Then made contacts during those few years and Get his current "title".
Yet, No the best Analyst of the COnflict, mostly a Sub-reporter...

No, not really. You had him confused with someone. He was brookings institute fellow when the war broke out.

No, not really. You had him confused with someone. He was brookings institute fellow when the war broke out.
Nope... I followed Since Day one... I remember Lister... I remember How he was criticized by solid Analyst at the start for "Jumping to fast on Rumors" and "Make it true"...
He had a media coverage that others didn't enjoy and was at a certain time, basing his analysis on "Rumors"...

But With time, He changed, He made connection, and started to be more "Professional".
But even to this day... He is more of a "News conveyer" than an "Analyst".

Nope... I followed Since Day one... I remember Lister... I remember How he was criticized by solid Analyst at the start for "Jumping to fast on Rumors" and "Make it true"...
He had a media coverage that others didn't enjoy and was at a certain time, basing his analysis on "Rumors"...

But With time, He changed, He made connection, and started to be more "Professional".
But even to this day... He is more of a "News conveyer" than an "Analyst".

Of course he did, cause he worked for highly respected think tank and had credentials.
I found his syrian analysis more satisfying then majority floating around. I do remember him reciving some critisms for being Doha based in the begining. He has education and solid credentials, sorry but charlatans dont get employed by Brookings, IHS Jane and MEI. They mostly end up exposed pritty quickly like Kyle Orton. But enough about Lister.

Of course he did, cause he worked for highly respected think tank and had credentials.
I found his syrian analysis more satisfying then majority floating around. I do remember him reciving some critisms for being Doha based in the begining. He has education and solid credentials, sorry but charlatans dont get employed by Brookings, IHS Jane and MEI. They mostly end up exposed pritty quickly like Kyle Orton. But enough about Lister.
Brooking; was a visiting fellow - IHS Janes has no credibility bases when it comes to Conflicts and MEI not that good either.
Anyway, BAck on Topic.

Lister has been pretty reliable and consistent and one of the few English speaking analysts who call the YPG what they are, the Syrian branch of the PKK.

@Kartal

some serious firepower on that turkish outpost pictured in the article.

interesting stuff.

@ajaltamimi interview with a mukhtar in Azaz is very interesting: he sees himself as an intermediary between his constituents and Turkey—not the exile cabinet—and voices support for Turkish annexation.

http://www.aymennjawad.org/2018/08/interview-with-a-mukhtar-of-azaz

love how Aron Lund imidtietly jumped on it with : Turkey now clearly has bigger problems on its hands than what to do with Azaz or Bab, but in a longer run & conducive circumstances, this sort of wholly-owned local elite operating in a working-toward-the-reis manner is exactly what can pave the way for Erdogan pulling a Crimea.

So the White Helmets which are tatrget od regime-russian smear campaign which brand em as AL Qaida branch are repearing churcehes regime destroyed. Hmm... some weird AL Qaida unit, reparing churches..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom