What's new

Three attack Prashant Bhushan for Kashmir remarks

harpoon

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Three attack Prashant Bhushan for Kashmir remarks

New Delhi: Senior lawyer and Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan was beaten up by three people inside his chamber in the Supreme Court on Wednesday, because of his comments on the removal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act from the Kashmir Valley.
One of the attackers, identified as Inder Verma, is an activist of the Sri Ram Sena, which has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Verma claimed that he and his associates had only come to seek Bhushan's explanation on the comments but they were attacked by the lawyer's aides.
Three activists barged into Bhushan's chamber on Wednesday afternoon claiming that they had an appointment with him and brutally assaulted him.
The attackers pulled the lawyer out of the chair, slapped, dragged and repeatedly punched him. Even after Bhushan fell down the attackers kept on hitting him with their legs. Bhushan's shirt was torn and his spectacles fell when he was roughed up.
Bhushan, who has been taken to the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, was attacked while he was giving an interview to a news channel.
However, earlier on Wednesday, a little known outfit Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena claimed responsibility for the attack and said that the lawyer was beaten up because of his comments on the removal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act from the Kashmir Valley.
"We are taking responsibility for beating Prashant Bhushan for his statement against national integrity," Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga of Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena said.
The outfit also updated its Facebook page claiming responsibility for the attack.
"We hit Prashant Bhushan hard in his chamber in Supreme Court. If u will try to break my nation, I will break ur heads," the Facebook status update said.
Delhi Police has filed an FIR against the arrested person and are investigating the case.
The attacks also raises questions about the security of the lawyers' chambers.

Three attack Prashant Bhushan for Kashmir remarks - India News - IBNLive

Who do you think carried out this attack... Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena or Govt goons?

Looks like under India or Pakistan, Kashmiris are scr***d as the issue seems to drive people mad this side of the border too.

Must condemn such cowardice.

Well Govt is already Pissed off at Anna and co
My guess is that Bhushan abd kejriwal will not be provided any security and Govt will turn a blind eye to any Rightwing outfit trying to rough him up
it could be similar to govt not taking action against people who ransacked Arundati Roy's House , last yr

This Ram Sena members are big morons. I still remember around 2-3 years ago they attacked one night club in manglore. Just for media gimmick and the worst part when they entered in to that club mostly their targeted the girls. Cowards.

regards
Jailer

This Govt and its lame duck PM is a disaster.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Well Govt is already Pissed off at Anna and co
My guess is that Bhushan abd kejriwal will not be provided any security and Govt will turn a blind eye to any Rightwing outfit trying to rough him up
it could be similar to govt not taking action against people who ransacked Arundati Roy's House , last yr

Exactly my view. I even have the doubts about the identity of the attackers.

Well i am not saying that he deserves to be beaten up , But this time he was Wrong

Frankly u cant speak against India and get away with it
coz some rightwing Idiot is bound to get offended

I mean u can insult politicians as much as u can but not go against the country
However i still believe that Arundati Roy deserve this , but not Bhushan
I dont know why didnt Shri Ram Sena did not beat up Kalmadi or A Raja

This stupid Ram sene goons once again! :hitwall:

Give india a chance- and she will prove to be more extremists than us-

Yeah thats why we have celebrations when someone promoting secularism and peace between communities is killed. umm.... wait a second.....(Gandhi vs Governor of Punjab)

The fact of the matter is that one country stands for a secular government that has some extremist elements in its society who aren't in jail cause of patchy implementation of laws
whereas another country is filled with delusional idiots who use monsters who shoot indiscriminately at a crowd of people at the mumbai railway station, including women children and old folks, and calls them "strategic assets".

There is a reason Pakistan is seen throughout the world as it is and a host of other reasons why India is seen differently.

@topic Throw these ***** in jail.

This stupid Ram sene goons once again! :hitwall:

Who told you that they were from ram sene?????

Whatever they have done is 100% correct. One should taught a good lesson to traitor and anti India western agent prashant bhushan/arundhati roy.

In India every dog have a liberty to bark if he is barking anti India otherwise they will paint him in some color.

India is not lawless,...damn get these youths good jail terms, all publicity gimic..

Will they dare to do this with any other political leaders? then one polythene bag is enough

Bhusan ki abb umar ho gayi......... Unko pta lagta nahi kya bol rahe hain.

Might this beating gives him a wakening call

well it is wrong doing by those who have done this but anyone speaking anything like bushan did is asking for trouble.

Well i am not saying that he deserves to be beaten up , But this time he was Wrong

Frankly u cant speak against India and get away with it
coz some rightwing Idiot is bound to get offended

I mean u can insult politicians as much as u can but not go against the country
However i still believe that Arundati Roy deserve this , but not Bhushan
I dont know why didnt Shri Ram Sena did not beat up Kalmadi or A Raja

A Referendum will NEVER HAPPEN, want to know why? Because no system can be self defeating,
Keep aside the fact that succession is illegal under the constitution, lets look at the politics of it.
The paksitainis initially underestimated the will of the indian establishment to keep kashmir because they thought if we bring up a generation of people who REALLY want kashmir by telling lies like : indian army rapes, all casualties are cause of indian army ( not grenades at rallys of in the markets thrown by terrorists) or heck, even there is no prayer in kashmir and fight an unconventional war india would just not want to bother with it.
For right wingers succession is out of the question, they'll be out of power for a generation if that were to happen, but the interesting thing is with the left wingers.
If we were to face another succession like the one in 1947, i.e muslim majority states separating it would undermine the secular structure of india. Extreme right wingers will say they are for secularism when they are in the minority and considering what happened in pak, hindus going from 13pc to barely 1pc, it'll be really tough for Indian Muslims.( im not saying its right)

Kashmir is more than the land now and we wont let people who kill ad chase out all dissenting view from the valley to use our greatest strenght, democracy, as our weakness. If people think they will chase out the pundits and all Muslims that have tried to get developement in kashmir by working with the center, and then act like victims and call us undemocratic for not holding a referendum when the field has been altered in their favor, well the IA response of FU*K OFF suffices.

So let the bhushans and the roys bark most governments have gotten kashmir right:
Shut Pakistan up about it, kill all militants, and lets develop. And sent them back with a bloody nose if they ever try to take an inch.(47,65,99)

Back
Top Bottom