What's new

Suggested duties for Indian members of this forum

Yaar he is what he is. What’s more to note is those on here “normalising” him don’t realise or prefer not to talk about his antics. He represents everything that creates animosity on a platform which in general is a great place to be.

Very true. It's not so much him but those who try to legitimize his racist and vile actions.

What are you even talking? The CoC custodians have zero control on which Indian poster joins the forum, or gets banned for any reason.

"Hum nay kia poore India ka theka lay rak-ha hai?" :undecided: No, the CoC is only a volunteer effort and so far only 15 members have signed. It doesn't apply to the rest but 2-3 have agreed to uphold it on principle.

Whenever time permits, we do try our best to bring the remaining Indians on board. However, users like Dharmi, Half-Moon, or PadamChen are ineligible due to their own lack of interest.

The CoC is an absolutely amazing document (have you even read it, link's on my signature?), one of the fine ever created in the Interwebs. All those who signed are following it for the most part. The forum has become so much better for us Indians as a result. And for everyone else too. It saves so much time to have this level of organization.

Do note that criticism of CoC is allowed. Knowing its weaknesses is a great help.

It's probably COVID-19 duty. But I do share your sentiments. :cheesy:

Yaar listen - show me a post or thread he has been hospitable - constructive or without have a tint of underhand trollism. He has a serious issue with Pakistan and Islam yet lives on here - you are not daft - tell me what he is and why you guys should interact with him?

Very true. It's not so much him but those who try to legitimize his racist and vile actions.

It's called a "point of view."

I have a strong, personal dislike of Hindutvadi views but they are here to stay as many Indians do have those reprehensible views. It makes me sad.

Yaar listen - show me a post or thread he has been hospitable - constructive or without have a tint of underhand trollism. He has a serious issue with Pakistan and Islam yet lives on here - you are not daft - tell me what he is and why you guys should interact with him?

You think I'm happy. He wasted my entire morning today. For some reason, he's not convinced that I'm even Indian. You should have seen some of the posts he wrote that were deleted by the mod's.

But there's absolutely nothing we can do against such users except request the mod's to delete the vile posts. And they get banned in the process.

I have a long history with this "doc"...I don't want to talk about him anymore until his ban expires.

A mod can do it I believe....once you have it ready just tag one and they will insert it there.
Yes.
@Joe Shearer
Let me know what you need to get done.
=================================================================
Ok guys it takes a few seconds to post crap but a lot more effort to look for it, go thorough all that 5hit and clear the problem posts. Sometimes, posts that are ok get deleted too because of all the mess that have been created. Sorry about that.

So keeping this in view, PLEASE;
  1. DO NOT QUOTE ANY TROLL POST, JUST MAKE CLEANING WORK TWICE AS HARD SINCE WE THEN NEED TO FIND YOUR POST AND DELETE IT TOO
  2. DO NOT QUOTE ANY TROLL POST, JUST MAKE CLEANING WORK TWICE AS HARD SINCE WE THEN NEED TO FIND YOUR POST AND DELETE IT TOO
  3. DO NOT QUOTE ANY TROLL POST, JUST MAKE CLEANING WORK TWICE AS HARD SINCE WE THEN NEED TO FIND YOUR POST AND DELETE IT TOO
  4. Do not post derailing comments that eventually lead to trolling.
  5. AND ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT QUOTE ANY TROLL POST, JUST MAKE CLEANING WORK TWICE AS HARD SINCE WE THEN NEED TO FIND YOUR POST AND DELETE IT TOO

Yes.
@Joe Shearer
Let me know what you need to get done.
=================================================================
Ok guys it takes a few seconds to post crap but a lot more effort to look for it, go thorough all that 5hit and clear the problem posts. Sometimes, posts that are ok get deleted too because of all the mess that have been created. Sorry about that.

So keeping this in view, PLEASE;
  1. DO NOT QUOTE ANY TROLL POST, JUST MAKE CLEANING WORK TWICE AS HARD SINCE WE THEN NEED TO FIND YOUR POST AND DELETE IT TOO
  2. DO NOT QUOTE ANY TROLL POST, JUST MAKE CLEANING WORK TWICE AS HARD SINCE WE THEN NEED TO FIND YOUR POST AND DELETE IT TOO
  3. DO NOT QUOTE ANY TROLL POST, JUST MAKE CLEANING WORK TWICE AS HARD SINCE WE THEN NEED TO FIND YOUR POST AND DELETE IT TOO
  4. Do not post derailing comments that eventually lead to trolling.
  5. AND ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT QUOTE ANY TROLL POST, JUST MAKE CLEANING WORK TWICE AS HARD SINCE WE THEN NEED TO FIND YOUR POST AND DELETE IT TOO

Both Joe and I have been very clear about this in the thread. We don't want the mod's to get involved unless it's for reporting of abusive posts which is a regular Forum feature.

But we will keep the guideline in mind and not respond to obviously provocative posts in this thread anymore. No further clean-up is needed in this thread for the moment.

We value your time. But let me add, we are spending our own precious time to keep this forum sane for Indian posters, and all those who interact with us including the Pakistani posters. We share your vision to make this forum a valuable platform to exchange ideas in a civilized, courteous manner.

Over a thousand posts and they still don’t realise it’s the likes of him that have nothing to say but soft trollism and they still can’t see it. Every other of his posts are tarnished with hatred yet they sweep it under the carpet? If they attempted to isolate them then that’s a great start - instead they give the likes of him a bigger platform.

OK, is this about Padamchen? Some facts. We cannot ban any member,and do not want to. We can encourage people to do the opposite of what he is doing. It is for us to create the 'sane' fringe; it is for you to destroy the lunatic fringe. We are nobody to sweep it under the carpet, or hold it up wriggling and twisting for the world to despise. We have also not given the likes of hi a bigger platform. He, like you, is within his rights to come and message in this thread. As I have him on my ignore list, there ends the matter.

In short, we have nothing to do with trolls that exist. We cannot ban them, we do not sweep it under the carpet - how would we do that? - and we are trying to isolate them by ignoring them. What else would you like us to do?

By the way it doesn't help that there is a caucus of Pakistani members decided on not engaging with us. From my personal point of view, I am delighted; there are so many of them on my 'ignore' list that I feel honoured, vindicated. But they are free to post here, just as much as the unspeakables you just mentioned are free to post here.We can do nothing about it.

By the way it doesn't help that there is a caucus of Pakistani members decided on not engaging with us. From my personal point of view, I am delighted; there are so many of them on my 'ignore' list that I feel honoured, vindicated. But they are free to post here, just as much as the unspeakables you just mentioned are free to post here.We can do nothing about it.

No explanations needed. Some thanks I am getting (or you for that matter) for cleaning up after filthy users like Padam-Chen, and scores of others. Is our time even worth these trolls? We do have an interest in keeping this part of the forum discussion-worthy. As do the moderators.

I am not sure if they get paid or not (mostly noone pays in Internet forums), but we're 100 percent volunteers. For what?

The least we should/can expect is some basic respect for doing our part to keep the Indian users stick to an agreed CoC. It is in our interest to drive away the obvious trolls.

Last edited:
OK, is this about Padamchen?

No it’s not about this cheap troll. He was just used as an example - it’s his type and their intention. I don’t expect a magic wand to wave around and remove them - I expect you guys to recognise what their intent is and their aim. If you recognise it - you are halfway their.
Those people you tag or assume to have some self respect are not really an issue - it’s about you and the collective not interacting not thanking and not participate in the troll fest they create.
You notice how I called your friend out - and after your advice confronted jbgt90 - on 4 different occasions to expose his behaviour - on all 4 occasions he disappeared or resorted to personal attack - doesn’t require a genius to prove -just look at his interaction with me. I confront he abused and ran off - I rest my case........again.

No it’s not about this cheap troll. He was just used as an example - it’s his type and their intention. I don’t expect a magic wand to wave around and remove them - I expect you guys to recognise what their intent is and their aim. If you recognise it - you are halfway their.

You don't get it either. It's not our task to recognize the intents of other users on this forum (although we definitely do it in the posts directly concerning us). There is a team of moderators who look after those kinds of users.

So, re: that petrol price rise post in Pakistan, you cannot expect us to notice and condemn it. It's a time thing, it's not our top priority.

I would willingly never participate in any obvious troll threads.

In fact, I had requested @waz to shut down that thread on "hindutvadi Indians using Turkish example to rename Muslim monuments in India". He responded swiftly on that one - Great!

Still it's not something I am willing to do on a regular basis. As the number of trolls is so high, that we can't cope with all of them.

No explanations needed. Some thanks I am getting (or you for that matter) for cleaning up after filthy users like Padam-Chen, and scores of others. Is our time even worth these trolls? We do have an interest in keeping this part of the forum discussion-worthy. As do the moderators.

I am not sure if they get paid or not (mostly noone pays in Internet forums), but we're 100 percent volunteers. For what?

The least we should/can expect is some basic respect for doing our part to keep the Indian users stick to an agreed CoC. It is in our interest to drive away the obvious trolls.

Please DON'T.

We can't drive them away.

By getting into long and windy discussions with them, we make it tougher for the Mods. Only the Mods can clean up, not you or I.

Nobody gets paid on PDF. They do in on their own time.

So don't get into these discussions PLEASE. They count for nothing in the medium run, and make life tougher for the ones who do need to do the cleaning up.

Please DON'T.

We can't drive them away.

By getting into long and windy discussions with them, we make it tougher for the Mods. Only the Mods can clean up, not you or I.

Nobody gets paid on PDF. They do in on their own time.

So don't get into these discussions PLEASE. They count for nothing in the medium run, and make life tougher for the ones who do need to do the cleaning up.

OK, I hope there is a longer ban on users like Padam-Chen and Dharmi. They're derailers. Would not chat with them again.

If you were an older user, you would have known that they and their tribe, who were much larger in number then, ganged up on me more than once. So I know them well enough; if you look at my negative ratings handed out, you will find it is among the highest, so much so that they took that away from me. However, if I had been allowed to ban them, something a professional designation doesn't grant, there would have been far, far less trolls of the Indian sort. Naturally I have to leave the disposal of Pakistani trolls to the administration; not my paygrade.

Those people you tag or assume to have some self respect are not really an issue - it’s about you and the collective not interacting not thanking and not participate in the troll fest they create.

We don't.

You notice how I called your friend out - and after your advice confronted jbgt90 - on 4 different occasions to expose his behaviour - on all 4 occasions he disappeared or resorted to personal attack - doesn’t require a genius to prove -just look at his interaction with me. I confront he abused and ran off - I rest my case........again.

I know him personally, and simply can't agree. He does tend to terminate discussions abruptly and walk away but that's about it. What you are describing is simply not the man.

Both Joe and I have been very clear about this in the thread. We don't want the mod's to get involved unless it's for reporting of abusive posts which is a regular Forum feature.

But we will keep the guideline in mind and not respond to obviously provocative posts in this thread anymore. No further clean-up is needed in this thread for the moment.

We value your time. But let me add, we are spending our own precious time to keep this forum sane for Indian posters, and all those who interact with us including the Pakistani posters. We share your vision to make this forum a valuable platform to exchange ideas in a civilized, courteous manner.
I wish it was that simple, from Forum perspective, it is not a private matter between you and @Joe Shearer or any other two members. Please understand we cannot let ANY two parties chase each other stating that they are both ok with it so MODs should not interfere. We see trolling, we see thread being derailed and we see posts that WILL LEAD TO trolling, we need to act.

Thank you for reconfirming that you will adhere to the forum rules. As for cleaning of the thread is concerned, again, i mean no disrespect, but that is not your decision. You can share your views on PM if you want the conversation to be free of any moderation or comments/reaction. Cannot stop that on open threads.

Thank you for understanding the value of our time, and thank you for spending time on the forum too. If everyone start using that time for something constructive the forum will improve a lot, just as you said you wish as well.

I wish it was that simple, from Forum perspective, it is not a private matter between you and @Joe Shearer or any other two members. Please understand we cannot let ANY two parties chase each other stating that they are both ok with it so MODs should not interfere. We see trolling, we see thread being derailed and we see posts that WILL LEAD TO trolling, we need to act.

Thank you for reconfirming that you will adhere to the forum rules. As for cleaning of the thread is concerned, again, i mean no disrespect, but that is not your decision. You can share your views on PM if you want the conversation to be free of any moderation or comments/reaction. Cannot stop that on open threads.

Thank you for understanding the value of our time, and thank you for spending time on the forum too. If everyone start using that time for something constructive the forum will improve a lot, just as you said you wish as well.

No, no, you're getting it wrong. We have zero need/intention of encroaching in your area. We only started this thread after a number of India-related topics got derailed. We were fed up, that is why this Code of Conduct (CoC) was born. That is the background.

You mod's are welcome to interfere in this thread as you see fit. I just said no further cleaning up is needed for now...but you can do it

I know him personally, and simply can't agree. He does tend to terminate discussions abruptly and walk away but that's about it. What you are describing is simply not the man.

Thats fine and dandy. You continue to waltz round and we will agree to differ. Im describing and proving to you he is a soft troller but because you have premeditated your decision making - thats fine.
Sometimes you can take a horse to water but you cant force it to drink.

Back
Top Bottom