What's new

Suggested duties for Indian members of this forum

Thats fine and dandy. You continue to waltz round and we will agree to differ. Im describing and proving to you he is a soft troller but because you have premeditated your decision making - thats fine.
Sometimes you can take a horse to water but you cant force it to drink.

Look friend, by that measure, we will never get beyond a stalemate. There are a few Pakistani posters we have a problem with...there are a few Indian posters you have a problem with.

Where does it end? As long as the users are acting civilized and not disrupting others, they should all be welcome regardless of their views.

Posters like Padam-Chen or Dharmi are just incorrigible in every sense of the word.

I haven't interacted much with JBG poster. You want to put him in the same category as Padam-Chen or Dharmi, whereas Joe doesn't. So you gotta respect the difference of opinion and move on. Too many nice threads to participate and have a good time in.

Thats fine and dandy. You continue to waltz round and we will agree to differ. Im describing and proving to you he is a soft troller but because you have premeditated your decision making - thats fine.
Sometimes you can take a horse to water but you cant force it to drink.

I've known him for six years.

I've known you for less than six months.

The instance you quoted was neither here nor there.

The only confrontation I saw was one where you quoted him, he gave an acerbic reply, and that was the end of that.

Sometimes you can take a horse to water and find out too late that you were holding the reins but they were not attached to any horse.

@Joe Shearer can we put this as the CoC Final version we have now:

1. We will not abuse another member’s religion.
  2. We will not use unprintable language, referring to somebody’s post, to the person making the post, to the person’s views.
  3. We will not use abusive common labels for other Indian members such as
    1. Sanghi
    2. Bhakt
    3. Sickular
    4. Libtard
    5. Jihadi (for Muslims)
  4. We will not abuse women, the LGBT community or the mentally and physically handicapped.
  5. We will refrain from hostile remarks about people from different regions of India or from other countries.
  6. We will not quote from any publication or from electronic media without citing the source. We will give preference to published books, peer-reviewed articles or research papers from reputable think-tanks when originating a thread
  7. We will not question a member’s nationality without reasonable cause and without evidence greater than our personal suspicion.
In addition, it is suggested that members following the code avoid the following patterns of behaviour.
  1. We will not celebrate the death of another human being, even those who are killed by Indian security forces in the course of violent armed protests against the Indian state;
    1. It may be less abrasive to note the incident without adjectives or coloration of any kind.
  2. We will not celebrate any apparent success in war or armed conflict by India over any other, until the matter is concluded.
    1. On conclusion, we will try to use facts published by reliable print or electronic media.
    2. We will list unreliable sources from any reasonable point of view, and members will be requested not to cite these unreliable sources.
    3. We will respond to contrary claims by a simple statement of fact, and by mentioning that the matter is still in dispute.
  3. We will not report assumed superiority of Indian forces over others without evidence.
    1. The stronger the statement claiming superiority, the stronger ought to be the evidence and its sources.
  4. We will not respond to provocation by another member, Indian or other.
    1. The provocation will be reported to the Moderators using the report button immediately.
    2. In case of grave provocation, a common effort will be made to bring it to the immediate notice of the Moderators.
  5. We will not enter into arguments about the wars and armed conflicts between India and any other country without sufficient information on the subject, and will ask other Indian members for factual support wherever necessary.
=========

and is this the current list of signatories we have (with me added)?:

If all this is fine, I can get Arsalan to cut and paste it into first reply...and leave an "as of" date too.

Any revisions or signatories can be introduced later as needed.

I wish it was that simple, from Forum perspective, it is not a private matter between you and @Joe Shearer or any other two members. Please understand we cannot let ANY two parties chase each other stating that they are both ok with it so MODs should not interfere. We see trolling, we see thread being derailed and we see posts that WILL LEAD TO trolling, we need to act.

Thank you for reconfirming that you will adhere to the forum rules. As for cleaning of the thread is concerned, again, i mean no disrespect, but that is not your decision. You can share your views on PM if you want the conversation to be free of any moderation or comments/reaction. Cannot stop that on open threads.

Thank you for understanding the value of our time, and thank you for spending time on the forum too. If everyone start using that time for something constructive the forum will improve a lot, just as you said you wish as well.

Please be very sure that if I have a point of view or an opinion, I will articulate it myself, direct to those whom I have known - and trusted - for years. Please ignore any claims that somebody else is speaking for me or that I have appointed a spokesman. I fully appreciate your post, and intend to circulate it to all the subscribers to the code, EXACTLY as you put it.

Apologies for the extra work.

If all this is fine, I can get Arsalan to cut and paste it into first reply...and leave an "as of" date too.

Any revisions or signatories can be introduced later as needed

That is brilliant, except that the convention I have used is to put the latest signatory at the head of the existing list. So you are the new #1, @sms the new #2, and so on.

Thanks ever so much.

1. @Nilgiri
  2. @sms
  3. @The BrOkEn HeArT
  4. @jamahir
  5. @meghdut
  6. @KhanBaba2
  7. @Krptonite
  8. @The_Showstopper
  9. @jbgt90
  10. @Mad Scientist 2.0
  11. @xeuss
  12. @Dustom999
  13. @Syama Ayas
  14. @Joe Shearer
  15. @Shantanu_Left
Good people, please let's try not to piss off the Mods making extra work for them. Please read this post VERY CAREFULLY. The bottom line - DO NOT quote troll posts.
  • DO NOT QUOTE ANY TROLL POST, JUST MAKE CLEANING WORK TWICE AS HARD SINCE WE THEN NEED TO FIND YOUR POST AND DELETE IT TOO
  • DO NOT QUOTE ANY TROLL POST, JUST MAKE CLEANING WORK TWICE AS HARD SINCE WE THEN NEED TO FIND YOUR POST AND DELETE IT TOO
  • Do not post derailing comments that eventually lead to trolling.
  • AND ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT QUOTE ANY TROLL POST, JUST MAKE CLEANING WORK TWICE AS HARD SINCE WE THEN NEED TO FIND YOUR POST AND DELETE IT TOO
Naturally, we need to remember not to start these fires in the first place; we need to remember not to post derailing comments.

OK great, thanks Joe.

@Arsalan :

1. Please change the thread title to "Suggested duties for Indian members of this forum"

2. Can you please copy and paste this into the first original post of this thread, I have wrapped it with "=====" header and footer:

============

Code of Conduct (As of 28th July 2020)

1. We will not abuse another member’s religion.
  2. We will not use unprintable language, referring to somebody’s post, to the person making the post, to the person’s views.
  3. We will not use abusive common labels for other Indian members such as
    1. Sanghi
    2. Bhakt
    3. Sickular
    4. Libtard
    5. Jihadi (for Muslims)
  4. We will not abuse women, the LGBT community or the mentally and physically handicapped.
  5. We will refrain from hostile remarks about people from different regions of India or from other countries.
  6. We will not quote from any publication or from electronic media without citing the source. We will give preference to published books, peer-reviewed articles or research papers from reputable think-tanks when originating a thread
  7. We will not question a member’s nationality without reasonable cause and without evidence greater than our personal suspicion.
In addition, it is suggested that members following the code avoid the following patterns of behaviour.
  1. We will not celebrate the death of another human being, even those who are killed by Indian security forces in the course of violent armed protests against the Indian state;
    1. It may be less abrasive to note the incident without adjectives or coloration of any kind.
  2. We will not celebrate any apparent success in war or armed conflict by India over any other, until the matter is concluded.
    1. On conclusion, we will try to use facts published by reliable print or electronic media.
    2. We will list unreliable sources from any reasonable point of view, and members will be requested not to cite these unreliable sources.
    3. We will respond to contrary claims by a simple statement of fact, and by mentioning that the matter is still in dispute.
  3. We will not report assumed superiority of Indian forces over others without evidence.
    1. The stronger the statement claiming superiority, the stronger ought to be the evidence and its sources.
  4. We will not respond to provocation by another member, Indian or other.
    1. The provocation will be reported to the Moderators using the report button immediately.
    2. In case of grave provocation, a common effort will be made to bring it to the immediate notice of the Moderators.
  5. We will not enter into arguments about the wars and armed conflicts between India and any other country without sufficient information on the subject, and will ask other Indian members for factual support wherever necessary.
Signatories (As of 28th July 2020):
  1. @Nilgiri
  2. @sms
  3. @The BrOkEn HeArT
  4. @jamahir
  5. @meghdut
  6. @KhanBaba2
  7. @Krptonite
  8. @The_Showstopper
  9. @jbgt90
  10. @Mad Scientist 2.0
  11. @xeuss
  12. @Dustom999
  13. @Syama Ayas
  14. @Joe Shearer
  15. @Shantanu_Left
============

Thank you Arsalan. Should be final request for some time here.

That is brilliant, except that the convention I have used is to put the latest signatory at the head of the existing list. So you are the new #1, @sms the new #2, and so on.

Thanks ever so much.

Thank you Joe Uncle, I hate to be the first on that list.
How's your health now?

Thank you Joe Uncle, I hate to be the first on that list.
How's your health now?

LOL.

Think of the upside-down Republic. Where the latest is the most welcome.

My health is that of an aging 70 year old, given to spells of confinement to bed. I don't worry about it any more, and neither should anyone else.

Eheu, fugaces, Postume, Postume,
Labuntur anni, nec pietas moram
Rugis et instanti senectae
Adferet indomitaeque morti

Read the whole thing; that should give you an idea of how the elderly think - or might think, if they had settled minds.

Guru tumi mahana

Pessimism, why?

Why is it pessimistic? Joe is a frank realist. We will all be there someday too if not there already....

Joe has served his nation exceedingly well...far more than most will.

I see PDF as something of his memoirs collection....a peek into his great mind and wisdom.

For that I am thankful for having come across PDF in first place, a most surprising treasure lay in it.

...forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit...

Why is it pessimistic? Joe is a frank realist. We will all be there someday too if not there already....

Joe has served his nation exceedingly well...far more than most will.

I see PDF as something of his memoirs collection....a peek into his great mind and wisdom.

For that I am thankful for having come across PDF in first place, a most surprising treasure lay in it.

I Concur!
Pessimism? Not at all!

Acceptance.
Who am I to disagree, "acceptance" is better word,
_/\_

Joe has served his nation exceedingly well...far more than most wil

<groan!>

Here goes Nilgiri, at his morning pastime of chasing Bongs around and around the arena....

@DalalErMaNodi

Dyakho amarey jalaitese kyamne.

But it will be pleasant to remember even this one day.....

Back
Top Bottom