What's new

Saudi Arabia bans 50 names including 'Rama' for 'conflicting with kingdom's culture'

aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.png
Should have posted your profile picture instead :rofl: His face is hilarious.

Let the Saudi.people deal with the issue. I don't see why our opinions matter.

In everything? Like if I throw up God comes out? o_O
Yes indeed. Everything around us
LoLz. Seems you're so pissed :lol:!
Seems like you have a hot key for LoLz, I am not pissed at anything, had that been the case I would have encouraged people in my country to ban names, since you have a problem with the name Rama or Ram as we say it, why limit it to human beings? Pissed are the ones who ban, not the ones who tolerate.

In everything? Like if I throw up God comes out? o_O
Not God per say.
But a part of Him. Because everything that is made is made by Him and once destroyed goes back to Him.

This concept generally applies to living things, though many extend it to every object around us.

The logic is that we have an 'atma' which is a part/ansh of 'param-atma'.

Not God per say.
But a part of Him. Because everything that is made is made by Him and once destroyed goes back to Him.

This concept generally applies to living things, though many extend it to every object around us.

The logic is that we have an 'atma' which is a part/ansh of 'param-atma'.

What about the concept of maya, if everything is maya and everything is God then God is maya so what is the point lol? Or are these philosophies specific to certain schools and do not overlap?

What about the concept of maya, if everything is maya and everything is God then God is maya so what is the point lol? Or are these philosophies specific to certain schools and do not overlap?
Cant really tell you much mate except the basics.
Everything is maya because its not real. It is an illusion designed to keep you fooled and prevent you from achieving enlightenment and unity with God.

So in that sense Maya is what prevents you from reaching the higher truth.

There are not. We only pick Arabic names.

So why is Rama banned then? Don't tell me any Arab had that name before. :lol:

See KSA is an Islamic country and it would follow its own rules. But the reason behind banning Rama is religious and not because it is not an Arabic word. I don't have a problem with that. Personally I would never live in a country without religious freedom and where government dictates what name you can keep, but I am not going to complain about it either.

What function does my throw up serve while in God state? How do you define what constitutes a God? :o:
If I throw up and look at the mess it reminds me of my mistake (could be drinks, careless with food or weather), it guides me to be on the right path. What is god if not that?
I was mentioning to my Saudi brother why not broaden the scope of the ban? Don't understand why you bring religion into it? As far as religious sentiments go I love rib eyed steak(rare) and pork is never a problem for me.

Cant really tell you much mate except the basics.
Everything is maya because its not real. It is an illusion designed to keep you fooled and prevent you from achieving enlightenment and unity with God.

So in that sense Maya is what prevents you from reaching the higher truth.

So this illusion is something specific that prevents you from realizing the truth or just the whole world in general? So then if everything around you is an illusion how do you know if the greater illusion is not that while everything else is real you are the illusion? So how do you know you are real, do you guys believe in Descartes' I think therefore I am?

Back
Top Bottom