What's new

Saudi Arabia bans 50 names including 'Rama' for 'conflicting with kingdom's culture'

All of us agreed that it is their country, their rules.

You remember that incident?...I forgot the name of the country.....
Anyway, if you say that all of you agreed then I have to disagree, 'cause I still remember Muslim members wanting to wage Jihad against that country.....why can't it be "it's their country their rules" ALWAYS?.....

Indians always be like there are no Hindus in middle east only Indian Muslims go there so why does it matter if they banned Ram lol?

No offence bro. But do you really support the banning of names by Saudi Kingdom? Even if it is Islamic ones? Y do you need to indulge India's name into it. Its an international forum, and anyone can comment on it,

No,Islamic names have been banned.

It isn't my problem wether members like it or not.

Having seen the reactions expressed by some Indian posters, this should be the most suitable response to it. As you can see, some of your fellow country men enjoy an outstanding attitude toward us.

Anyway, if you say that all of you agreed then I have to disagree, 'cause I still remember Muslim members wanting to wage Jihad against that country.....why can't it be "it's their country their rules" ALWAYS?.....

You mean Myanmar ?
The Rohingya incident ?

It was Angola. And we SAUDIS aren't responsible for the reactions by Muslims, just don't drag our name into it, because we understand that it is their country, their rules.

You don't understand the real reason behind Indians(some) trying to give importance to the issue....let me make it clear.....

We(I) know very well that our opinion would hardly matter in this case and to speak frankly, we don't care.....to us(me atleast) such incidents give the opportunity to point out their hypocrisy when they comment on similar incidents concerning India or other countries...for ex. few months back, there was an incident about a country(probably an African country) banning few religions(including Islam)...though there were other religions banned too, only Islam got highlighted for obvious reasons and Muslims were ready to wage Jihad against that particular country.....few Saudi were also saying that it's wrong, instead of saying, "their country their rules"......in such cases we can point out how they treat other religions in their own country....
It's all about argument and counterargument buddy....this is a FORUM....that too a Pakistani...

a picture worth a thousand words

hypocrite.jpg

nuff said :)

@Yzd Khalifa
Is the Saudi King doing these token acts to please the Islamists?
Because he is also liberalizing Saudi Society simultaneously. He is bringing slow but steady changes in KSA.

So do such acts keep the hardcore element symbolic happiness while he goes ahead with other reforms?

Is what I am saying possible?

:welcome: back!!!!! It is nice to see you again :yay:

@Yzd Khalifa
Is the Saudi King doing these token acts to please the Islamists?
Because he is also liberalizing Saudi Society simultaneously. He is bringing slow but steady changes in KSA.

So do such acts keep the hardcore element symbolic happiness while he goes ahead with other reforms?

Is what I am saying possible?

Many of the things you said were true.

The King has nothing to do with this legislation. It was carried out by the Consultative Council. Though it is true that most of the people of backed this bill were with the ultra-conservative branch, while the liberals acted with an indifference to this issue.

We try to maintain a balance between the leftists, conservatives, the ultraconservatives, and the centralists.

BTW, the Saudi Commerce Minister is conservative, but he is one of the most pro-India politcians in the country.

Man, - _ - we really are suffering from these ultra-conservatives, they think they own the system with their money.

Last edited:
No one is going to accept any of these names if they found out what they really stand for.

As for the basic violation of human rights, I guess India has less to say on this regard to the subject.
Your country has every right to implement its rules, by the way Rama is more commonly known as Ram in India. So, it's high time you renamed the RAM in your PC's to something else.

Why is this even a topic? no one in the west gives an F if some Saudi names his kid Alice or not..besides an Arabi called Rama would be weird..

:welcome: back!!!!! It is nice to see you again :yay:
Thankyou.

Many of the things you said were true.

The King has nothing to do with this legislation. It was carried out by the Consultative Council. Though it is true that most of the people of backed this bill were with the ultra-conservative branch, while the liberals acted with an indifference to this issue.

We try to maintain a balance between the leftists, conservatives, the ultraconservatives, and the centralists.

BTW, the Saudi Commerce Minister is conservative, but he is one of the most pro-India politcians in the country.

Man, - _ - we really are suffering from these ultra-conservatives, they think they own the system with their money.
Well, if he succeeds in the reforms he is bringing slowly, he would lessen the power of the ultra conservatives gradually.

Your country has every right to implement its rules, by the way Rama is more commonly known as Ram in India. So, it's high time you renamed the RAM in your PC's to something else.

So are you saying the Hindu Ram is the same as computer RAM? :dirol:

Back
Top Bottom