What's new

Saudi Arabia bans 50 names including 'Rama' for 'conflicting with kingdom's culture'

I fail to understand how a government can decide what its citizens can and can't name their babies. No amount of justification on the part of the Saudis can turn this around. Maybe it is no big deal to them because they don't know any better, but to me, this is as retarded as it gets. But of course, their country, their rules.

I can still LMAO can't I?

:lol:
Well it is one of the few remaining kingdoms...so one can expect such things happening there.

what about restriction/prohibition of cow slaughter?
Not doing anything to address the nuisance caused by cows freely roaming on the streets?
Restriction on certain classes of people to not touch or even come close to people of other class?
etc, etc,
LOL.....come out of your cave.......
Caste/Class system is abolished in India....

what about restriction/prohibition of cow slaughter?
Not doing anything to address the nuisance caused by cows freely roaming on the streets?
Restriction on certain classes of people to not touch or even come close to people of other class?
etc, etc,
Sad to say but India is one of the top beef exporters,this is happening in India despite ban.By the way only muslim beliefs should be respected according to you?India is secular because it respects all religions hence the ban concerning Hindu beliefs.
Caste system discrimation was abolished in 1950 as soon as the constitution was implemented.Way before USA ended its racism in the 60's.Who's more enlightened?

A- It is called a legislation, not a decree.

B- None of these names are culturally or socially accepted by our standards, which means that if there is something that has to be mindless in this issue, then that would be the names mentioned on this list.

C- Having seen the reactions by Indian posters, I can see who's blood is boiling and who isn't.
why ames like "amir" "malika" has any problem(i.e prince/queen)?. the name is common here
binyamin very very rare name among muslims but i have seen it. i also dont understand why ban this name.?

Let us be real, all religions are nonsense. Don't try to make Hinduism sound benign or better than others. The energy stuff is pseudo science. We need less of that in the world.
Never mix science with religion, you end sounding like a dumbass quack.
No one forces you to believe. But they do ask is a little respect for their beliefs.

Good decision. Banning non-Arabic names would also be a good thing.

No need to adopt foreign names when Arabic is one of the most spoken languages in the world (top 5) and a major world language and a very rich one.

Thankfully I know nobody that has not an Arabic name from KSA.

And with whom are we gonna lose our grip of power from? You :lol: ..

With all due respect but not even a Saudi fingernail worths an entire nation of your own sick-twisted mentality ego.

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom