What's new

Saudi Arabia bans English language

buddy punjabi is influencing hindi. not the other way. naach became nach. hamara became saddda and many more

Nach didn't come from Punjabi Nacch; and neither did Urdu Hamara come from Punjabi Sadda :lol:
They're all natural words that came from ancestor languages; I know because I speak both Urdu and Punjabi.
Looks like you need to get your info right first.

i edited that post a bit more, added some stuff. Try translating a science paper with Google Translate and you will see what i mean.

China is flying for much different reasons and not because they all speak mandarin.

As for the translations...you cannot brainstorm with fellow scientists if not speaking the same language and be pretty good at it, you cannot roam freely on the net in search of documents (Google translate is a joke), it just in general erodes your competitiveness..it's little unaccounted effects like these that make up for the statistics that Mosamania showed.

Does this news indicate that even researchers won't be allowed to practice english? I do not think so. In R&D field, it is natural that you need to research foreign journals and articles and for that scientists/researchers would have to know english.

Does this news indicate that even researchers won't be allowed to practice english? I do not think so. In R&D field, it is natural that you need to research foreign journals and articles and for that scientists/researchers would have to know english.

The example can be easily transferred to school children. Not just top of the line scientists.

What i actually mean is, that enforcing this ban anywhere else but in government affairs/offices would most likely be counterproductive.

Nach didn't come from Punjabi Nacch; and neither did Urdu Hamara come from Punjabi Sadda :lol:
They're all natural words that came from ancestor languages; I know because I speak both Urdu and Punjabi.
Looks like you need to get your info right first.
you are not getting.. what i mean nacch which is urdu/hindi word has became nach a punjabi word. hamara is changed to sadda..listen to that hit song sadda hakk. this way hindi is getting punjabicised. and pakistani being too much into bollywood culture are adapting too. better language and culture influences lesser ones and not the other way round

so? what's the problem?
they are trying to preserve their culture and language.

Just because Indians have given up their culture to the west doesn't mean everyone is like you people.

post reported fa offtopic and hate mongering

This topic has nothing to do with religion.

Please stop trying to start an off-topic flame war.

The topic has to do with preserving a specific religious language and cultures unique to one religion. Please pay attention to the topic mr Think Tank!

my example which you plucked out of the larger conversation was , if preservation of ones religious language is given as the reason behind the move to remove English and if this poster , whom I was addressing felt that it was right move for KSA to remove English language for It's fellow citizens- then how does he excuse his duplicity as a Saudia who is in Canada to educate himself. Why did he not lead the way...?

This includes you too, who just few pages earlier preached that Pakistan should follow suite behind KSA ... Why do you immigrants preach the worst backward laws for your home countries, under the guise that they should preserve religious cultures , while sipping latte in the lap of luxury and freedoms afforded in western countries? Sending your kids to English speaking schools...

I think that's a good move,as others said before,countries who tend to stick to their own culture and language can do better in lots of matters,English should be learned in countries,but it shouldn't be replaced with native language.

Again everyone it is not like that now all English language will be banned and such. It only bans it in government dealings like asking for permits and licenses and stuff like that.

Medicine and engineering will still be taught in English. Research will still be conducted in English however the report on the progress of the research will be done in Arabic. No big deal really.

I think that's a good move,as others said before,countries who tend to stick to their own culture and language can do better in lots of matters,English should be learned in countries,but it shouldn't be replaced with native language.

This is of course not based on world economic data and facts... Because I know that not a single non English speaking , as in it being banned , is anywhere near being listed among the top developed GDP countries? Be it Govt or ubiquitous ban

Well even though I am against this however in all die fairness Arabic is dying in Saudi Arabia. People even choose to talk English with each other like me and my friends. In fact even when we talk Arabic we throw in English words in the mix.

So we need to try to preserve our language. But banning it from private companies as well is a bit too much if you ask me.

That is nothing compared to what happens in Pakistan.

you are not getting.. what i mean nacch which is urdu/hindi word has became nach a punjabi word. hamara is changed to sadda..listen to that hit song sadda hakk. this way hindi is getting punjabicised. and pakistani being too much into bollywood culture are adapting too. better language and culture influences lesser ones and not the other way round

Punjabi songs in Bollywood started getting famous after Daler Mehdi's hit song " Ta ra ra" and after that there was flood of Punjabi songs and each movie is considered incomplete without an punjabi song.

Back
Top Bottom