What's new

Saudi Arabia bans 50 names including 'Rama' for 'conflicting with kingdom's culture'

I'm a registered simultaneous interpreter friend.

Anyway, this should be the tactic people often use to jailbreak an argument, like an iPod.

There is no jailbreak, you did not understand my post. You said "But prove to us that Rama has a meaning in Arabic?", well I never said it was Arabic. My question was why Rama?

There is no jailbreak, you did not understand my post. You said "But prove to us that Rama has a meaning in Arabic?", well I never said it was Arabic. My question was why Rama?

If you trace back our discussion, you will be seeing that I said we - SAUDIS - only name our kids after Arabic names. Which means that we don't name our babies after alien names. But then you claimed that the reason behind banning the name is religious, which is not.

Saudi Arabia bans 50 names including 'Rama' for 'conflicting with kingdom's culture'

But later you gave us a general response:

Saudi Arabia bans 50 names including 'Rama' for 'conflicting with kingdom's culture' | Page 5

Theoretically, It is impossible to believe in pantheism without believing in maya. But i have till date not came across a single person who puts his brain towards interpreting philosophical basis of religion except for people who are interested in philosophy, who oddly are not too much into practicing religion.

How so I think such things are in fact opposed, if God is in all things but you believe everything is an illusion then it cancels out lol.

If you trace back our discussion, you will be seeing that I said we - SAUDIS - only name our kids after Arabic names. Which means that we don't name our babies after alien names. But then you claimed that the reason behind banning the name is religious, which is not.

I understood that. But why specifically "Rama"? If you say alien words, that could mean anything. What is special about the word Rama?

India should ban the name Muhammed in a tit for tat move :ph34r:. Oh wait half my friends will lose their names!

What exactly do the Saudi officials get by bringing in such stupid rules, don't they have anything better to do. Yes yes their country their rules, fair enough, but why such insecurity :fie: They are really underestimating their culture and religion if they think that a bunch of "foreign" names can cause a threat to it.

How so I think such things are in fact opposed, if God is in all things but you believe everything is an illusion then it cancels out lol.

If everything is extension of god, how would you reconcile suffering and evil with god?

Maya is used as a device use to answer this condurum as it explains away the perceived world as an illusion thus rendering the need of explaination, moot.

They want every other country to give them all kinds of religious freedom but when it comes to their turn they do not even allow bare minimum freedom. Highest degree of hypocrite.

..... if the maya is that we are made to think that we exist, the fact that something is trying to influence us into believing a certain way is evidence that we do in fact exist....

No, because, that something which is influencing you(not trying....'cause you're already influenced....hence you're thinking) to believe/think in a certain way is the supreme power itself which resides in you(in your atoms).....
Hence you're no-one, you don't exist, the supreme power exists and you're part of it and like you can move your hand the way you want, it can make you think/believe the way it wants.....
Now, as to why would the supreme power/god make us think about its own existence or why would it make us think we're alive?.....the answer is it's its wish(may be it has some purpose)

If we did not exist and were an illusion in on ourselves why would somebody (or something? who causes this illusion?) go to such trouble to make us think we are alive....
see above...

Furthermore if all is an illusion then there is no right or wrong as nothing we think we are doing is actually real but that cannot be right because morality seems to be an innate feature exhibited in all types of man with differing degrees.

Actually it is like that in our scripture, there is no 'right' or 'wrong'......the 'morality' you're talking about comes from our thinking power and that power is actually a part/belongs to the supreme power which makes us think like that i.e you do nothing wrong or right, you're only acting according to god's/supreme power's will...

They want every other country to give them all kinds of religious freedom but when it comes to their turn they do not even allow bare minimum freedom. Highest degree of hypocrite.

We never asked a single country for such thing, my dear.

Let just avoid knee jerkish reactions.

No, it doesn't cancel out, it actually strengthens the concept....
Think carefully, If god is in everything, including you, how can you be a separate individual/identity?....you're only part of him just like the others.....and as I have already stated that you're deluded into believing that you're a separate individual by god/the supreme power...
So, we as an individual are an illusion but God/the supreme power exists....

Last edited:
If everything is extension of god, how would you reconcile suffering and evil with god?

Maya is used as a device use to answer this condurum as it explains away the perceived world as an illusion thus rendering the need of explaination, moot.

Yeah because maya says there is no right or wrong in order to not have to explain it but then by the same logic you should not punish people for murder because such a thought is an illusion in of itself and will be carried out through another illusion which ultimately came from the Supreme being.

We do not believe everything is an extension of God that is a minority opinion, we believe God himself is separate and unique. You can say however that everything is an extension of the universe as we believe that the universe is always changing and expanding. Suffering and evil comes from the error in humanity but what makes humanity the best of creation is that because of our free will we can change from evil to good if we really desire to do so. When we commit evil it is because of the error in our actions, God does not demand any of his creations to commit any evil act. If evil had been from God then punishment would be moot as how can God punish humanity for evil he allowed happen? As for suffering we have a concept called Taklif which comes from a verse in the Quran which states that God would never overburden the soul with a calamity it cannot handle. Hence some things which we refer to as "God's will" like a tsunami or something are just trials that we as humans must overcome. Ultimately we do as well as you see everyday life does go on even for the victims. Rather one should look at how amazing it is that when a calamity befalls a people the rest of the world rushes to their aid. That is a trait only humanity possesses by the grace of God. Everyone is ultimately being tested in one way or another. The less fortunate are supposed to hold stead fast as they will ultimately be awarded in this life or if not then surely in the next. The more fortunate are supposed to be humble and help those beneath them. Ultimately God does not allow anything that would be unjust because that would go against the very concept of God itself.

No, it doesn't cancel out, it actually strengthens the concept....
Think carefully, If god is in everything, including you, how can you be a separate individual/identity?....you're only part of him just like the others.....and as I have already stated that you're deluded into believing that you're a separate individual by god/the supreme power...
So, we as an individual are an illusion but God/the supreme power exists....

I do not believe God is inside of me, that is blasphemous to the very concept of God.

Any God if really a God would have to be all-merciful, all powerful, all knowing, and ever present. A human does not have even one said trait as an absolute let alone all.

I do not believe God is inside of me, that is blasphemous to the very concept of God.

Any God if really a God would have to be all-merciful, all powerful, all knowing, and ever present. A human does not have even one said trait as an absolute let alone all.

LOL....I was only explaining....as you wanted to know....:lol:

Better not demand something which you can't take...

LOL....I was only explaining....as you wanted to know....:lol:

Better not demand something which you can't take...

I want to understand or I wouldn't ask, do you agree with my definition of God? Cause if your definition is utterly different then I would like to know it.

I can see how some of the names are banned. Al Nabi or nabi being an example.

Actually it is like that in our scripture, there is no 'right' or 'wrong'......the 'morality' you're talking about comes from our thinking power and that power is actually a part/belongs to the supreme power which makes us think like that i.e you do nothing wrong or right, you're only acting according to god's/supreme power's will...

Also if this morality comes from the Supreme one than likewise the lack of morality found in some serial killers also comes ultimately from your Supreme being so is you Supreme Being both evil and good?

Back
Top Bottom