What's new

President of Bangladesh confirms 16 MRCA, 8 attack helicopter and 6 BD built frigates on live TV

Thai Navy? They dont have much clear pattern on how to purchase their main equipments, they spending abruptly and without much regard to commonality, much much worse than us Indonesian. If you want a more clear pattern and with good logical and rational choice along with long term strategy you should look at Singapore

Point well taken. I had not considered their earlier mini aircraft carrier purchase from Spain which was a butt of many jokes. It was termed the world's largest 'Thai Royal Barge', because all it did was take part in ceremonial cruises for the Royal family, and no aircraft (as far as I remember) was deployed on the carrier. I could be wrong however.

Point well taken. I had not considered their earlier mini aircraft carrier purchase from Spain which was a butt of many jokes. It was termed the world's largest 'Thai Royal Barge', because all it did was take part in ceremonial cruises for the Royal family, and no aircraft (as far as I remember) was deployed on the carrier. I could be wrong however.
To be fair, I wouldn't bet against the Thai carrier being able to carry F-35B with minor modifications.

18 systems is not enough I agree, but we saw what happened on the Iran ballistic missile strike even without warheads. There are a good amount of Indian airbases within range of 120km that could easily be taken out by large barrages of 10-20 rockets.

And? Aren't ya forgetting something? There's no guarantee that those 72 missiles will hit the target, Indian air defence might take them out. They will only be able to do some damage. Same about the unproven J-10 and two Ming subs.

Those can be minimum deterrence but won't be able to counter properly the IAF's Rafale with Meteor and German-French sub long with P-8 MPA. BAF and BN won't last one week with current firepower against IN and IAF in a full scale war. Those GMLRS will give them more excuse to use their own missiles which they have in large amount. Their counter attack will do far more damage than we can.

To confront India BD will have to acquire vast amount of missiles with different types and range beyond 300 km to strike every corner of India, MR and LR SAM coverage and at least 100 fighter jets. Same goes with BN. They will need more capable frigate, destroyer, submarine with huge fire-power. And we need to speed up our procurement process.

We will need to be capable of building everything ourselves. And more importantly we need leader and people with vision and balls. Not someone with fake "Chetona" which makes you worship Bangabandhu and oil Sheikh Hasina 24/7. Currently we have none of it i mentioned. We are still too far to talk about standing against India.

Iran-Pakistan has large amount of missiles with deep strike capability, medium-long range air defense, sufficient fighters and strong leadership. They can talk big and rise their fang against USA-India, we can't. Not yet at least. Be happy with Myanmar till then.

Last edited:
BD doctrine is to make the cost of war to India
so high that they do not take that option.

you don't have technological advantage nor the geographical ....it just silly that you guys always thinking to fight with India.. when both countries do not have any scope that could lead to war....

Taking on IN in BoB is too far fetched. It's not probable at all. However, we are talking about applicable deterrence in case BD is under threat by the big fat bully of the region with it's supa pawa wet dreams! BN will lose in case of hypothetical war against IN no doubt but having the deterrence to deal a huge blow will make ur Navy think 10 times before doing anything stupid.
And if u really think a CG is match of a Navy consisting of FFGs, CCGs and SSKs then u r the ultimate joke here.
Anyway, good luck with ur wet dreams of becoming a blue water navy!

you guys are so delusional... India and BD settled their disputes... unlike china who threatens smaller neighbors grabbing their EEZ in the name of historical rights... just be happy to be part of this region...

you don't have technological advantage nor the geographical ....it just silly that you guys always thinking to fight with India.. when both countries do not have any scope that could lead to war....
This first part of that post is perfectly applicable whenever India compares itself or challenges China. Where’s this logic then huh?
On topic: Until the actual acquisitions are cleared up there isn’t much to be said, but calling it “not” enough is kind of a bad joke. You can’t purchase a 100 jets at once, especially if you’ve never flown the type before. It takes money and time. This will be a start, the rest will come slowly.
I spent a year in Bangladesh among its armed forces back in 2012. Its amazing to see how much they’ve improved. Hopefully more in the future. They have the potential to be a small but strong force, like Singapore has. Plus more Three way co-operation between Pakistan, China and Bangladesh could be a very useful thing. Especially with a common enemy. the only thing standing in the way is Hasina. She’s like a bad tumor on a good nation. But hey, who knows what the future will hold.

Most probably F-16 from USA. Recently govt. signed 2 defence agreement with United States required for transferring advanced defence equipment.
Don't make same mistake what Pakistan already did. Choose reliable source for next your next 30 years. US can block thinks in a blink of an eye

Good for Bangladesh. All Muslim countries should take defence seriously. Although I think your PM is a Pakistan hating b1tch, I still wish your nation all the best.
You may not be right that Hasina Bibi is a Pakistan hatemonger. Rather, she has some political brain to understand that BD cannot procure arms from many sources by kissing Pakistan. She has to be tough anti-Pakistan to be loved by immature Indian politicians.

This is good for our development as well as military procurements. Let the future tell if our people really hate Pakistan the way you think. In times of emergency, you will see our two armies are in contact with each other. Moreover, our military strategists know well that a strong Pakistan is good for BD defence.

You may not be right that Hasina Bibi is a Pakistan hatemonger. Rather, she has some political brain to understand that BD cannot procure arms from many sources by kissing Pakistan. She has to be tough anti-Pakistan to be loved by immature Indian politicians.

This is good for our development as well as military procurements. Let the future tell if our people really hate Pakistan the way you think. In times of emergency, you will see our two armies are in contact with each other. Moreover, our military strategists know well that a strong Pakistan is good for BD defence.

Please re-read my post. I made a clear distinction between people and Hasina.

Either way, you're perspective is very interesting.

This first part of that post is perfectly applicable whenever India compares itself or challenges China. Where’s this logic then huh?
On topic: Until the actual acquisitions are cleared up there isn’t much to be said, but calling it “not” enough is kind of a bad joke. You can’t purchase a 100 jets at once, especially if you’ve never flown the type before. It takes money and time. This will be a start, the rest will come slowly.
I spent a year in Bangladesh among its armed forces back in 2012. Its amazing to see how much they’ve improved. Hopefully more in the future. They have the potential to be a small but strong force, like Singapore has. Plus more Three way co-operation between Pakistan, China and Bangladesh could be a very useful thing. Especially with a common enemy. the only thing standing in the way is Hasina. She’s like a bad tumor on a good nation. But hey, who knows what the future will hold.

we have serious issues between both countries... unlike India and Bangladesh... china beefing up it's forces as we have land disputes... we are strengthening our forces... so stop nonsense..

Please re-read my post. I made a clear distinction between people and Hasina.

Either way, you're perspective is very interesting.
Please understand that in times of emergency any military will bypass the civilian govt if it dares to conflict with the interest of the country. In a situation like that Hasina will become either a lame-duck PM or she will be ousted at gunpoint.

Don't make same mistake what Pakistan already did. Choose reliable source for next your next 30 years. US can block thinks in a blink of an eye

Nope as BD will most likely be buying refurbished F-16 Block 50/52 from USA with 10/15 year service life left in them. This way BD gets a good enough fighter to take care of a Myanmar and then can buy say the Turkish 5th gen fighter when it is ready for export by the 2030s:D

Nope as BD will most likely be buying refurbished F-16 Block 50/52 from USA with 10/15 year service life left in them. This way BD gets a good enough fighter to take care of a Myanmar and then can buy say the Turkish 5th gen fighter when it is ready for export by the 2030s:D
So JF17 vrs F16. interesting

i dont see why USA will let BD buy new let alone old f16 which are reserved for very special cases

its basically going to be mig29/35,su30 or to less extent j10 which i doubt china will release

gripen is the best option but india node will be necessary otherwise sweds will chicken out

One thing which corrupted Pakistan, Bangladesh and Indian politicians have in common is that they consider London to be their Mecca. BRITISH imperialist shadow did not move away an inch above the Himalayan subcontinent since 1947. Britain continues to remain as the most influential actor as the former colonial power. These three countries are mostly managed by British linked civil military high ups. They still rule these countries with colonial era laws. This can not go on forever. The legacy of British imperial rule must be uprooted first if a new Pakistan or Bangladesh is to be built.

i dont see why USA will let BD buy new let alone old f16 which are reserved for very special cases

its basically going to be mig29/35,su30 or to less extent j10 which i doubt china will release

gripen is the best option but india node will be necessary otherwise sweds will chicken out

Let me play the devil.

Why exactly wouldn’t the US sell F-16s to Bangladesh if A) BD is ready and able to pay and B) The US had publicly stated that it wants to sell weapons to BD and C) The US is attempting to shape its Indo Pacific policy and Bangladesh is one of the larger states in the Indo region and D) BD is going to buy billions in fighters regardless.

Would Uncle Sam rather those bucks go to China Russia or U.K.?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom