What's new

President of Bangladesh confirms 16 MRCA, 8 attack helicopter and 6 BD built frigates on live TV

Who told you about MiG-35?
Nobody. This has been my stance since forever. At least I'm sticking to it. I think even Myanmar knows this, which is why they got just 6 Su30 to counter. BAF will trust the overpowered MiG35 against the underpowered FC1.

I wonder why Bangladesh journalist dont even try to ask detail of this acquisition like type of jet fighter, attack helicopter, and frigate :mad:

Lol they do but do not receive any direct answer. Its just how our military works. They are mostly always tight-lipped and dont disclose information unless absolutely final.

2% chance for numerous reasons.
Well I have little idea about military equipment man , I admit . But I just red an analysis on an authentic Bangladeshi facebook page named defense technology of Bangladesh -DBT . They always provide authentic news as they have good link with armed forces . Once they made an analysis and comparison between f - 16 block 70 and Eurofighter Typhon . And from that article I got the idea . I posted the article here , but it's all in Bengali language .

They claimed that f -16 block 70 with ill cost 250 million per plane with all necessary equipment and Eurofighter will cost 170 to 180 million . That's the reason I am dreaming about the plane . But they could be wrong too , not sure !

But why do you think so ? I mean what are the reasons that you think that only 2% chance ?
Please elaborate !
@Philip the Arab

@Atlas
1. Number is low and those willing to sell to you used are low.

2.EFT is much harder to operate than F-16 or J-10 because BD is not used to fighters that need intense servicing.

3.Cost is way higher than what you reported, 36 F-16s used can be purchased and upgraded to Block 70/72 V variant for a few billion. 12 EFTs bought by Oman were 2.5 billion pounds.

4.Using them against India will lead to sanctions from EFT nations unlike J-10CE.

3.Cost is way higher than what you reported, 36 F-16s used can be purchased and upgraded to Block 70/72 V variant for a few billion. 12 EFTs bought by Oman were 2.5 billion pounds.
Actually I said unit cost of EFT is 180 million But yes your idea is good, we can buy used f 16 and can upgrade later . And also this video is suggesting that Bangladesh is planing to make aircraft in Bangladesh . So probably we have a chance like Pakistan also made jf - 17 in joint venture with china . So maybe we can also choose this path .

PS: this youtube Channel is reliable .

Sanction prone though, don't you agree?
So long as Bangladesh doesn't annex parts of India or develop nuclear weapons, it'll probably be free of US sanctions. In fact, I think the US will be happy to see BD have a field day with Myanmar, so up-gunning them for that purpose is as good a way as any to do it.

So long as Bangladesh doesn't annex parts of India or develop nuclear weapons, it'll probably be free of US sanctions. In fact, I think the US will be happy to see BD have a field day with Myanmar, so up-gunning them for that purpose is as good a way as any to do it.
So if it uses them offensively against India do you think they would be sanctioned?

So if it uses them offensively against India do you think they would be sanctioned?
Depends. If the issue was instigated by India, then no, I think the US will step in to diffuse the situation. But if Bangladesh acts proactively and tries taking territories without clear provocation, then yes, the US will sanction it.

I earnestly hope it's 16 Super Hornets and 8 Apache-Guardians for the BAF.
Click the link below. BD is negotiating with the USA to purchase Apaches. Can it also be that it is also talking about buying F-16 older blocks as well and improve them to Block 70/72? It will not be a bad option being cheaper and at the same time, it strengthens our defense the way all of us want.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bangladesh-in-talks-with-the-usa-to-buy-apaches-and-missiles.649295/

@Philip the Arab, @Atlas

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom