What's new

President of Bangladesh confirms 16 MRCA, 8 attack helicopter and 6 BD built frigates on live TV

Why should China take J-10CE so seriously? And J-10CE hasn't been built yet.
In fact, J-10C is equipped with WS-10B engine, and they are bought by PLAAF, as all of newly-built fighters (maybe except J-15 now) in China are equipped with WS-10 engines already.
WS-10 is a good engine, but how hard would it be to create an export version of J-10C?

Who says it is not mature? It has been produced for a good 15+ years.

Also, the thrust is pretty much the same as AL-31 if you haven't checked.
I have checked the thrust factor of WS-10 engines. Even only recently it was too slow to build up the thrust. It may have been produced for 15 years but still its worth has not been proved in any sky engagement.

On the other hand, the combined trial and error of the European fighters are more than a few hundred years that have made their planes very matured. A short 15-year trial and error to raise the thrust power of WS-10 engines to the required level cannot be said to be matured. It may stall in the sky at the time of real fighting. Now, please read the wiki excerpt below:

"In 2009, Western media reported that the WS-10A approached the performance of the AL-31, but took much longer than the AL-31 to develop thrust.[12] Furthermore, the engine reportedly only generated 110–125 kilonewtons (25,000–28,000 lbf) of thrust.[6] In April 2009, Lin Zuoming [zh], head of AVIC, reported that the engine's quality was unsatisfactory.[13] In 2010, it was reported that reliability was also poor; the WS-10A lasted only 30 hours, while the AL-31 needed refurbishing after 400 hours".

My personal choice is J-10 fighters fitted with more mature Russian engines instead of unreliable WS-10 engines. Irrespective of what we think China is frantically trying to sell its lowly matured planes to the 3rd world countries. For a poor BD, it should avoid falling in that trap. We should better buy European or American MRCA fighter planes.

"In 2009, Western media reported that the WS-10A approached the performance of the AL-31, but took much longer than the AL-31 to develop thrust.[12] Furthermore, the engine reportedly only generated 110–125 kilonewtons (25,000–28,000 lbf) of thrust.[6] In April 2009, Lin Zuoming [zh], head of AVIC, reported that the engine's quality was unsatisfactory.[13] In 2010, it was reported that reliability was also poor; the WS-10A lasted only 30 hours, while the AL-31 needed refurbishing after 400 hours".
Are you still living at 10 years ago?
Wake up, and it is 2020 now.

img-6bed2529e400f899271100e992864f1a.jpg

I just mean that J-10C equipped with WS-10B engine is according to the need of PLAAF.
Yes, what you said is true to the word. PLAA needs jets fitted with WS-10 engines because it is important for China to continuously improve its present technology that cannot be achieved unless PLAA keeps on inducting China-make planes.

However, the export market is different. Other air forces will take note of all the minute technologies before they place an order. For its front line plane, in my opinion, BAF should vie for either Eurofighter or F-16. Well, this is my personal opinion because their engines are fully matured.

However, the export market is different. Other air forces will take note of all the minute technologies before they place an order. For its front line plane, in my opinion, BAF should vie for either Eurofighter or F-16. Well, this is my personal opinion because their engines are fully matured.
Do you mean BAF would prefer the option that PLAAF has given up?

PLAA needs jets fitted with WS-10 engines because it is important for China to continuously improve its present technology that cannot be achieved unless PLAA keeps on inducting China-make planes.
So, why does PLAAF ask J-10 to be equipped with WS-10 from the beginning?

And over 500 J-10s equipped with AL-31F engines have been built.

Are you still living at 10 years ago?
Wake up, and it is 2020 now.

View attachment 599358
Talk again when it is 2120 AD. America started aviation with the invention of the Wright brothers in 1871 and other western countries worked separately since then to develop and then improve their fighter engines. The cumulative length of improvement is more than 200 years.

How come any country, whatever may be its bigness, can do the same in only a few years when that country's engine technology started from copying from Russian engines?

While the westerners started from the scrap by doing the basic researches, China bought a few prototypes from russia and is trying to emulate these. It may not be such an easy thing to copy a technology without many years of trial and error.

WS-10 engine needs many more years of trial and error to get maturity and the maturity can only be proved in a war zone if these WS-10 engines do not stall at high thrust at the high sky where the oxygen content is low. I know rockets will carry the oxygen. Even then-----.

It is too early to claim maturity for WS-10 engines.

Talk again when it is 2120 AD. America started aviation with the invention of the Wright brothers in 1871 and other western countries worked separately since then to develop and then improve their fighter engines. The cumulative length of improvement is more than 200 years.

How come any country, whatever may be its bigness, can do the same in only a few years when that country's engine technology started from copying from Russian engines?

While the westerners started from the scrap by doing the basic researches, China bought a few prototypes from russia and is trying to emulate these. It may not be such an easy thing to copy a technology without many years of trial and error.

WS-10 engine needs many more years of trial and error to get maturity and the maturity can only be proved in a war zone if these WS-10 engines do not stall at high thrust at the high sky where the oxygen content is low. I know rockets will carry the oxygen. Even then-----.

It is too early to claim maturity for WS-10 engines.
So, in short, you can't accept the fact that WS-10 has been mature, right?:lol:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom