What's new

Pakistani Christians Attacked by Jihadi's

Religion is about conscience, not about accepting bribe money. I think more than freedom of religion, society needs freedom from religion.

In the meanwhile, I see no point in having Evangelical Christianity adding to the mess in India. Its a big business in the US, good for them. We don't need Foreign Direct Investment in Christianity.

India is not about to be "harvested" irrespective of what some missionaries may think.

Pakistani Christians Attacked by Jihadi's

From the Pakistan Christian Post:

KARACHI: January 8, 2009. (ANS) Islamist fundamentalists in Pakistani city of Karachi in province Sindh attacked two churches on the eve of New Year.
Unidentified militants forcibly entered in Christ Awami Church located in Rasool Shah Colony on New Year night. They threatened the congregants to stop worshipping in the Church. When some Christian worshippers put up resistance the militants desecrated Holy Bibles, cross and hymn books besides smashing windows and door of the church.

Islamists also attacked a protestant church in Zia colony in Karachi. They broke church’s door and windows besides throwing garbage in the Church.

Local Christians told ANS that the attitude of the police officials of Boat Basin police station was callous and indifferent in the wake of attack on the Christ Awami Church.

Reacting to the apathetic attitude of the police the outraged Christians protested on Clifton road and dispersed peacefully after the police high-ups assured them stern action against the culprits.

Police lodged First Information Report on Jan. 2, a day after the occurrence. Police, ANS learnt have been lenient in imposing sections in the police information report.

Most of Pakistani based electronic media organizations came to cover the incident but they did not run the story. Three Pakistani based Urdu newspapers including Ummat, Daily Express and Victoria however covered the story.

Talking to ANS by phone former member of provincial assembly, Sindh, Michael Javaid said that he visited churches that came under attack in Rasool Shah Colony and in Zia colony.

He expressed solidarity with Pastors of the churches including Pastor Robi and Pastor Munir Bhatti.

Asked why the churches were attacked the former MP said it could be due to Muslim reaction over Palestine-Israel conflict

He criticized the police for not lodging a sterner blasphemy case against the culprits.

Every bastard taliban must be found tortured and killed his entire family ****** in the ***. Bastard terrorists. Kill all terrorists. Send their carcasses back to afghanistan. America brought these mother ******* on us and instead of america these terrorist assholes are bombing us and killing Pakistanis. Holy godamn cow. Why does'nt america leave the godamn world alone to its own decisions and just get lost? Just go away and leave us alone. No one wants you around. How much more killing will it take to get the idea

Death to all terrorists. Killer race taliban. They should'nt have been funded by US in afghan soviet war. And on top of that they were left alone after the war to rule afghanistan and screw the minds of people.

Last edited by a moderator:
TS, You have to look at the other side. I dont want to loose a hindu for $100. He is accepting the money for his poverty. This is completely illegal. Offering any service and conversion is banned in India. But states are not following it. Even some christians tried to preach near our holy temples and got beating from the mad. Imagine someone preaching about hindus near vatican...So who ever wants to spread or preach about jesus should do that with proper education and good interst of the society. tats all i am telling. It shuldnt be for the sake of addition. This results in communal violation.

Roopesh that is a very nice assumption. They pay poor hindus to convert. Awww...

There is nothing to suggest the missionaries are paying the hindus to convert. This is boullshit RSS propaganda which I dont understand how you have come to believe. Even if they are converting because of the money it gives no right to hindu terrorists to kill thousands and convert the rest who want their lives to spared. It gives them no right to go around burning churches and houses like they are nothing. I hate it when people try to justify these terrorist activities.

558 houses, 17 places of worship torched during riot: Orissa govt

1 Sep 2008, 1600 hrs IST,PTI

BHUBANESWAR: Claiming that the situation in Kandhamal and elsewhere in Orissa was well under control, the state government on Monday said at least 558 houses and 17 places of worship were burnt in communal riots after VHP leader Swami Laxmanananda Saraswati's killing on August 23.

While 543 houses were burnt in the worst hit Kandhamal district, 15 houses had been set ablaze in Gajapati district, said Chief Secretary Ajit Kumar Tripathy after a review meeting chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.

All the torching of places of worship were reported from Kandhamal district where over 185 people were arrested on charge of rioting, arson and other offences. A total of 35 people were injured in the riot in Kandhamal, he said.

Though Tripathy did not mention how may were killed during the riot, official sources on Monday put the figure at 16, with the recovery of two bodies in Kandhamal district.

Besides Kandhamal, Tripathy said, people were provided with food in free kitchen in Rayagada and Gajapati districts. While 12,539 people were fed in 10 relief camps, 783 people got the facilities in two relief camps in Rayagada district.

He said relief camps were located at Chakapada, Raikia, Baliguda, K Nuagaon, Tikabali, Phiringia, Phlbani, Tumudibandha and Daringbadi blocks in Kandhamal district.

Director General of Police Gopal Nanda said besides 12 companies of para-military forces, 24 platoons of Orissa State Armed Police, two sections of Armed Police Reserve forces and two teams of Special Operation Group (SOG) were deployed in Kandhamal.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/I...ow/3431842.cms

Mumbai church attacked, 8 arrested

Prerana Thakurdesai

Sunday, November 16, 2008, (Mumbai)

A Christian prayer meeting in the Mumbai suburb of Bhayendar was attacked on Saturday by members of the Shiv Sena and Bajrang Dal.

The police has arrested eight people in connection with this, who say the Christian group was involved in forceful conversions.

The prayer meeting was held by members of the Church of God, a small Christian sect. Pastor Felix Fernandes, who was conducting the prayer was manhandled and dragged on the street till he fainted.

"What's happening around the country has finally affected us here," said Loveson Kurien, Pastor.

The police have arrested eight people from the Shiv Sena and Bajrang Dal and charged them with rioting. The Shiv Sena has owned up to the attack but remains unrepentant. Their motive they claim was to stop conversion.

"Shiv Sainiks will stand up against any wrong being done," said Eknath Shinde, Shiv Sena, MLA.

"They didn't tell me their father's name. They said we will get more benefit here and not by being Hindu," said Baba Tiwari, Bajrang Dal member and accused.

Police sources say the attackers had warned the church from distributing any literature, but the church maintains they were only giving out peace pamphlets.

"In the morning during a prayer meeting, a group of miscreants barged in as they had prior information of conversion taking place at this prayer meet," said Maithili Jha, Dy SP, Thane Rural.

Now, despite police assurances, Sunday's prayers meeting was held earlier than usual. The parishioners are fearful of a repeat.

For the small community of Christians in Bhyander, life literally seems to have come to a standstill.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv...WEN20080072865

This is a thread about Pakistan. There is a separate thread about Indian incidents.

Orissa nun says cops friendly with 'rapists'

24 Oct 2008, 1550 hrs IST, PTI

NEW DELHI: Coming out in the open for the first time, a nun who was allegedly raped during the recent communal violence in Orissa on Friday demanded a CBI probe into the incident, charging the state police with being "friendly" with the attackers.

The nun, addressing her first press conference two days after the Supreme Court ruled out a CBI inquiry into the August 25 incident but asked her to cooperate with the state police in the investigation, alleged that the Orissa police did not take her statement and even pressurised her not to file the FIR against the attackers.

"They tried their best to ensure that I do not file the FIR....I was raped and I do not want to be victimised. I want a CBI probe," said the nun, who had disappeared soon after the incident in Kandhamal district.

Questioning the Orissa police's neutrality, she said the cops were "very friendly with the attackers" and even "warned her of consequences" of filing an FIR against them.

"I narrated everything to the police, how I was attacked, raped. However, the police did not help me," the nun said recounting her ordeal.

"Even police feared to give me shelter in the police station," she claimed.

The Supreme Court on Wednesday declined to hand over to CBI the investigation into the case. An apex court bench noted that the victim had left the area and was refusing to participate in the Test Identification Parade, though nine people had been arrested in connection with the alleged rape.

The Archbishop of Cuttack had in a petition sought Rs three crore compensation for demolition of churches in the anti-Christian riots in Orissa, while seeking a CBI inquiry into attacks on Christians.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/O...ow/3636835.cms

TS, You have to look at the other side. I dont want to loose a hindu for $100. He is accepting the money for his poverty. This is completely illegal. Offering any service and conversion is banned in India. But states are not following it. Even some christians tried to preach near our holy temples and got beating from the mad. Imagine someone preaching about hindus near vatican...So who ever wants to spread or preach about jesus should do that with proper education and good interst of the society. tats all i am telling. It shuldnt be for the sake of addition. This results in communal violation.

I love India excuses & claims .. Firstly they are not getting beaten they are getting killed & raped.

Now just tell me in a country which has a state law against anti-conversion .. will a Christian be crazy to go besides a temple to preach Christanity .. The Christians are not safe in their own churches & here the Indians are claiming they are just being maligned .. hahaha .. what a joke !

Pakistani charged with blasphemy

95eb4a1306950f7c36cce5b6fdc64066.jpg

Sandul Bibi was arrested in October 2008.

Pakistan (MNN) ― Twenty-year-old Sandul Bibi faces anywhere from four years in prison to the death penalty if she is convicted of blasphemy under section 295-B of Pakistan's legal code.

She has been falsely accused of ripping pages from the Quran, Voice of the Martyrs reported. She was arrested with her father, Gulsher, on October 9.

Local mosques broadcast messages over loudspeakers on that day, accusing Christians of disgracing the Quran and inciting a mob to attack Christians and burn their homes. The mob attacked a group of Christian families at a church with stones and guns, shouting "Kill Gulsher and his daughter, Sandul." The mob also threw stones at Sandul's home and set it on fire.

Since Sandul and Gulsher were zealously evangelizing the villagers before their arrest, local Christians believe the mob specifically targeted them for persecution.

Since her imprisonment, Sandul has written letters to her family. "I am praying a lot that God releases me from here and I can meet you, but I don't know when," she wrote in a recent letter. "He will give answers for our prayers. Please pray for me."

Much of Pakistan, which is an Islamic republic, is ruled by Sharia law. About 96 percent of the population is Muslim. (Cont'd)

Firstly there is a law which covers such incidents and maybe she is involved. One should not assume before a systematic review of the case is done by the courts of Pakistan.

Also the difference being in India this lady would have been raped / killed / burned .. but in Pakistan it is the law of the land which will handle the issue.

Does show the difference & maturity in handling the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopesh

Roopesh that is a very nice assumption. They pay poor hindus to convert. Awww...

There is nothing to suggest the missionaries are paying the hindus to convert. This is boullshit RSS propaganda which I dont understand how you have come to believe. Even if they are converting because of the money it gives no right to hindu terrorists to kill thousands and convert the rest who want their lives to spared. It gives them no right to go around burning churches and houses like they are nothing. I hate it when people try to justify these terrorist activities.

Why the Hindu organizations are any poorer .. surely they can pay more and get this guy back on Hindusim .. I mean am seeing in it your way of thinking ..

However, no Indians have to burn, kill & rape the minorities ! I am sure it was the same case in Gujrat too .. when they burned & raped Muslims as well !

I have seen people who were offered money and golden chains(ornaments) as incentive to convert into christianity.
It happens like this. More number of conversions happen during times of special visits by people with 'message from God'.
Some guy comes in a helicopter to a town saying he came to spread the good news. Lot of publicity is already done by the time he arrives. Many christians attend such sessions. Fine to this point.
But then people are lured to some of these meetings and given this kinda stuff(a bible, some ornaments...) and lectured about Christianity. Generally conversions reach peaks during these times.

I am not trying to justify anyone. I am explaining the situation.

Pakistani Christians are very patriotic Pakistanis (maybe even more than Pakistani Muslims), if anyone's harming them..the person (s) should be punished according to Pakistani law, it doesn't matter what faith the person (s) belongs to.

Pakistani Muslims attack church, torture Christians

by Qaiser Felix, Asia News, January 21, 2009

Kot Lakha Singh (AsiaNews) - Muslim groups have attacked a church and Christian homes in the village of Kot Lakha Singh, in the district of Narowal, province of Punjab. The incident goes back to January 14, and the news was released by Pakistan's National Commission for Justice and Peace (NCJP), after verifying the event with a fact-finding mission carried out on January 19.

Irfan Barkat, legal-aid advisor of the NCJP, tells AsiaNews that the violence began with an attack on the home of William Masih, a Catholic of the village. An unspecified number of people tortured those present, including women and children, and then stole money and gold objects from the home. The crowd then attacked the homes of three other Christian families in the village, broke into the church, which is used by both the Catholic and Protestant community, and damaged the furniture and tore the liturgical books and bibles.

The events were reported on January 18 to the police of Nindo Ki, who have not yet made any arrests.

The head of the NCJP explains that at the origin of the violence is the dispute over land that Masih bought a few months ago from a Muslim. The property is also claimed by another inhabitant of the village, Noor Muhammad, who says that he is the legitimate proprietor.

Irfan Barkat says that the small Christian community of Kot Lakha Singh is made up of 25 families (Catholic and Protestant) that, in the overwhelmingly Islamic village, are subjected to constant harassment: "Muslims of the village have socially boycotted the Christians, and Muslim shopkeepers have refused to sell daily use items to Christians."

The everyday tension has been increased by the recent marriage between a Christian young man and Muslim young woman in the village. This has irritated the Muslims, who are now trying to do whatever they can to make the Christians pay for what they believe to be an affront.

The people who did so have to be punished but the US Administration of Bush did the same to the Muslims so I don't feel sorry for the victims. And please don't try to spread christian propaganda, we have a similar thread here

Back
Top Bottom