What's new

Pak Army Uniform undergoing major redesigning.

good step..i think now we must change the image of army....same like past when everyone salute the Army jawans........

other than to look more delta and increased comfort and durability,the design is being done with sniper in mind

it's harder for sniper to guess high value personnel if the person is wearing the rank insignia at chest(and the rank insignia is readily removable,should it used velcro like standard new design and can be hide under vest/chest rig etc).

too much color(like the tape red in general's neck,the medal ribbon,etc) is a dead giveaway about the person's importance.

no comments about digital camouflage,etc(every design has it's proponent and opponent)

other than to look more delta and increased comfort and durability,the design is being done with sniper in mind

it's harder for sniper to guess high value personnel if the person is wearing the rank insignia at chest(and the rank insignia is readily removable,should it used velcro like standard new design and can be hide under vest/chest rig etc).

too much color(like the tape red in general's neck,the medal ribbon,etc) is a dead giveaway about the person's importance.

no comments about digital camouflage,etc(every design has it's proponent and opponent)

But I was told, in the case of PA, that in the event of a war or on a battle field all troops remove their rank insignia just for that same reason. And I believe everyone also sticks a red stripe on their arm.

Assalam u Alaikum.

It was rumored from sources inside, that it was a digital camo. Heart-breaking indeed to see it to be worse than earlier one.
Mr. Xeric, sir can you kindly post YOUR picture in YOUR new uniform? You may censor your face and background.

It would be really appreciated.

Indeed, Practicality should override aesthetics. Subdued insignias offer an advantage on the field as you mentioned hence should be adopted. I for one am glad about this decision.

But I was told, in the case of PA, that in the event of a war or on a battle field all troops remove their rank insignia just for that same reason. And I believe everyone also sticks a red stripe on their arm.

if you're an avid pakistani military enthusiast i'd bet you'd see guys sporting NATO jumper with rank on his shoulder and medal ribbon pretty frequently

the best thing is to get rid of all the shiny/bright colored elements in field dress

1.It is a real shame that the armies of Pakistan and India continue living in the traditions of the British colonial masters. More so in India which boasts The Hodson Horse, a regiment used against PA in Chawinda in 65 War. The other was Poona Horse. If you recollect Hodson was a freebooter who had shot and killed Emperor Bhadur Shah Jafar's sons outside the Humayun's Tomb in cold blood and from behind. Many such regts/units exist. IA Staff College is at Wellington - not Tipu Sultan. What a bloody shame.

2. Reverting to the topic, it may interest you to know that when offered, Air Marshal Asghar Khan did not change the uniform of PAF from the British days. He kept going in khaki. Instead he spent the money in acquiring aircraft and eqpt. PAF got the new uniform later under Nur Khan.

1.It is a real shame that the armies of Pakistan and India continue living in the traditions of the British colonial masters. More so in India which boasts The Hodson Horse, a regiment used against PA in Chawinda in 65 War. The other was Poona Horse. If you recollect Hodson was a freebooter who had shot and killed Emperor Bhadur Shah Jafar's sons outside the Humayun's Tomb in cold blood and from behind. Many such regts/units exist. IA Staff College is at Wellington - not Tipu Sultan. What a bloody shame.

2. Reverting to the topic, it may interest you to know that when offered, Air Marshal Asghar Khan did not change the uniform of PAF from the British days. He kept going in khaki. Instead he spent the money in acquiring aircraft and eqpt. PAF got the new uniform later under Nur Khan.

May have to do with the Muslim Mughal's not exactly being favorites of the Indians.
Although their daily practices were borderline Islam if anything.

on the topic..

What about the DS boot.. still the same?? or new as well?

May have to do with the Muslim Mughal's not exactly being favorites of the Indians.
Although their daily practices were borderline Islam if anything.

on the topic..

What about the DS boot.. still the same?? or new as well?

Boots are the same at the moment as far as i know, but, some units and SSG have brown digger boots as worn by US forces.

The current PA boots are not popular with the troops. Poor quality of construction and uncomfortable to wear.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom