What's new

Pak Army Uniform undergoing major redesigning.

It is already in effect.

Not completely, majority of the Army is still wearing the old uniform. Northern Command and troops on UN mission have started switching to the new uniform.

Very disappointed, a disappointing uniform.

Whoever designed this or gave the idea, i wish i could get my hands on him and give him a good thrashing.

Duniya kahan jaa rahi hai and we are still copying others instead of coming with something original.

Agreed, the old uniform looked very elegant. The new one does have rougher, tougher, no funny business look but the class associated with an Army officer is gone. A soldier would work his behind off for the rank on his shoulder, red tape and medal strip. Now all 3 are gone. How will a person know how successful an officer the person in question is, by looking at them ? The guy in front of you can be a HJ and you wouldn't even know.

The Pak Flag was supposed to be green. Previously it was decided that the flag would be in gray color, but concerns were shown and it was decided to keep the flag in green, but i think they still have changed it.

Flag is still green. Corp/Div sign has gone black.

It is a waste of resources... totally agreed...

but if they are determined to change, then please do not make jokers type uniform which we saw a while back of Rangers, it was some ajeeb o ghareeb light and dark green combination uniform.

Agreed, the old uniform looked very elegant. The new one does have rougher, tougher, no funny business look but the class associated with an Army officer is gone. A soldier would work his behind off for the rank on his shoulder, red tape and medal strip. Now all 3 are gone. How will a person know how successful an officer the person in question is, by looking at them ? The guy in front of you can be a HJ and you wouldn't even know.

Sir, beside all that, i hate that American look.

We are already blamed to be carrying this war on behalf of the US and now this US-look alike uniform is gonna bring more pounding.

All it was needed was a digital camo with some little changes.

Field Combat uniform should have been simple, while Khaki should have been continued.

Just look how US wear uniform in the battle field and then their normal / formal uniform, one hell of an impressive uniform.

You take away all that shine from it, what will be left. I would hardly differentiate between an officer and a normal jawan, as used to happen whena few years back the woodland uniform was introduced before this current camo uniform.

For God sake tell anyone in the higher up if you have contacts that stop this madness.

I say we start a campaign and let the army guys know that this is not what people want to see.

The US MARPAT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARPAT

See this, that awesome and impressive: http://www.enciclopedia.com.pt/articles.php?article_id=709

Not completely, majority of the Army is still wearing the old uniform. Northern Command and troops on UN mission have started switching to the new uniform.

Ofcourse it has to be inducted in a phased program, 0.6 million guys cannot change into a new uniform overnight, but the uniform is available now and you would start seeing guys wearing the new uniform.

Sir, beside all that, i hate that American look.

We are already blamed to be carrying this war on behalf of the US and now this US-look alike uniform is gonna bring more pounding.

All it was needed was a digital camo with some little changes.

Field Combat uniform should have been simple, while Khaki should have been continued.

Just look how US wear uniform in the battle field and then their normal / formal uniform, one hell of an impressive uniform.

You take away all that shine from it, what will be left. I would hardly differentiate between an officer and a normal jawan, as used to happen whena few years back the woodland uniform was introduced before this current camo uniform.

For God sake tell anyone in the higher up if you have contacts that stop this madness.

I say we start a campaign and let the army guys know that this is not what people want to see.

The whole army and many of the high ups are already fiercely criticizing the this move, there is an emotional attachment for many with the British-Indian Army style uniforms. However, it is most likely that this move will go ahead as planned, firstly because the gears are already in motion and the changes are already under way. Secondly, many troops on ground reported that the ranks and medal strip, etc hurt when worn under a bullet-proof jacket. I'm guessing these changes are being made to counter that problem.

Ofcourse it has to be inducted in a phased program, 0.6 million guys cannot change into a new uniform overnight, but the uniform is available now and you would start seeing guys wearing the new uniform.

:guns: :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

The whole army and many of the high ups are already fiercely criticizing the this move, there is an emotional attachment for many with the British-Indian Army style uniforms. However, it is most likely that this move will go ahead as planned, firstly because the gears are already in motion and the changes are already under way. Secondly, many troops on ground reported that the ranks and medal strip, etc hurt when worn under a bullet-proof jacket. I'm guessing these changes are being made to counter that problem.

Fools are making the decisions.

As said they could have taken out the problematic issues and redesigned it but atleast not the American style.

@Xeric Sir, you said its an impressive one, it has literally broken my heart. I guess i expected a lot from the higher ups. :(

As said they could have taken out the problematic issues and redesigned it but atleast not the American style.

@Xeric Sir, you said its an impressive one, it has literally broken my heart. I guess i expected a lot from the higher ups. :(

The stars on the collar is an American touch, the rest I believe resembles the British uniform more closely, the black embroidery and ranks on over the buttons is a distinctly British trend.

Yeah, i myself is not happy with the change. i would surely miss the old uniform, it was much more elegant and attractive. Also, this new would give enough ammo to propagandists to bash the Army one more time when they would say that the Army is now completely 'submissive' to the yanks/west, but they wont understand that copying and learning from others is never a bad thing. You see, the west employs experts and scientist to define the pattern of uniforms, camouflage and at the same time they take into consideration the ergonomics so that their soldiers are efficient and comfortable at the same.

We on the other hand dont have such institutions/research centers/luxuries. i am unable to recall the name of the govt facility in the US which was created for the sole purpose of experimenting new uniforms and to present modifications (this digi camo was the result of their research). Now this facility is not a one time measure, it is a continuous process and they keep on adding changes and finding new patterns.

Ofcourse they can do it because they can afford it, we on the other hand cant do that. Or else apologists would have another heart attack when they would see that the Army or the military is spending tax payers monies on a futile thing like researching new uniforms. So the best way, like every other Pakistani is jugard and chappa , like i always say, a country's military cannot be better the Nation itself.

So in short, in a step to modernize (as many have been asking from the Army ;)), they uniform has been changed. Not impressive though, but i think it will work.

As Keg has rightly pointed out that not many are happy with this change, not many were happy when the batman system was abolished, but then it worked, so would this.

Nonetheless, i would still prefer the brass pips over the embroidered ones anytime! Man, i am going to look awkward with any shoulder straps, WTF! And the Khaki..oh my...i joined the military because of the Khaki..!!!

As someone asked someone, why do you wear Khaki as the uniform, and he replied; because blood look guud on Khaki. Miss you Khaki.. :(

Back
Top Bottom