What's new

Pak Army Uniform undergoing major redesigning.

Icarus

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This is legit, a paper issued from GHQ confirms that the uniform of the Pak Army will be undergoing major changes and many of it's standard "British-Indian Army" signatures will be dropped this time.
Which include:
Ranks:
1) Ranks will be made from black embroidery not from metal.
2) Ranks will not be worn over the shoulders but instead over the buttons of the jacket at the front.
Red Tapes:
Red Collar tapes worn by Brigadiers and Generals will be replaced by stars corresponding to their rank.
Medal Strips:
Medal strips will no longer be worn with uniform.
Badges:
All badges(Corp/Div/Glider/Mountaineer/Diver/etc) will be black.
Qualification Badges:
All qualification badges(Staff course/War course) will not be worn any longer, only the command badge will stay.

Changes are expected to take effect by the end of this year.

looking at the title i thought...pak army was introducing some changes in camos like digi camos.....does pak army use digi camos..?

Digi camo would be similar to that of US army but different in Color , ie Desert color.

looking at the title i thought...pak army was introducing some changes in camos like digi camos.....does pak army use digi camos..?

I don't believe so. There was once talk that it would be done but forest trails went in favour of the regular camo print.

complete waste of resources IMO!

it is need of the hour,not only to change the artifacts, but also change the uniform colour, it always help when you want to give a different image of the organization, or want to change the perception of the organization. and it is needed right now by our armed forces very badly, furthermore, it would be a step further away from British legacy...

the perfect ofcourse would be to discard the whole British legacy, and have a uniform with artifacts of our own...and with a history of our own starting from, lets say from now ?....like revolutionary guard of Iran....that is a cultural change of the organization....

it is need of the hour,not only to change the artifacts, but also change the uniform colour, it always help when you want to give a different image of the organization, or want to change the perception of the organization. and it is needed right now by our armed forces very badly, furthermore, it would be a step further away from British legacy...

the perfect ofcourse would be to discard the whole British legacy, and have a uniform with artifacts of our own...and with a history of our own....that is a cultural change of the organization....

uniforms dont win wars!!! what british legacy - there is none IMO!

the perfect ofcourse would be to discard the whole British legacy, and have a uniform with artifacts of our own...and with a history of our own starting from, lets say from now ?....like revolutionary guard of Iran....that is a cultural change of the organization....

Very likely, it could be a step towards dissociating Pakistan from it's colonial past.

the army has changed the command signals from english to urdu
army has its own medals
its own badges
changed the names of the arms esp armour
the color of khaki has changed
services clubs are now called mess
ranks have changed esp the non-coms

The ranks , of black embroidery will give a very cool kind of look , a more combat look rather than the more disciplined look of the khakis. Most of the armies now have stars instead of stripes for brigadier and above, e.g the US

The ranks , of black embroidery will give a very cool kind of look , a more combat look rather than the more disciplined look of the khakis. Most of the armies now have stars instead of stripes for brigadier and above, e.g the US

so we will copy someone else - great!

so we will copy someone else - great!

i think you misunderstood me. I am implying that the world is moving on to more ruggedness and mean look, rather than the khakis clad, elegant and crew cut 2nd lieutenant!. But a good step IMO. Need to change the image of the army in front of the masses.

uniforms dont win wars!!! what british legacy - there is none IMO!

Very likely, it could be a step towards dissociating Pakistan from it's colonial past.

its not about winning the wars. None armies has ever won a war, it has always been the Nation who win wars....

I have seen those museums, pictures, diaries, gifts and what not of British Era !!
there is no need to touch the 10 ranks British structure, but with our our names of units, our own colour, with our own success stories from 48,65,71, Siachen, Kashmir etc. that is to say writing down our own history and passing it on to the cadets...
eleven cavalry, eighth cavalry and other unit names carrying british history, should be abandoned. we no longer need association with their achievements/history...

6th_Duke_of_Connaught 27s_Own_Lancers_(Watson 27s_Horse)
5th_King_Edward 27s_Own_Probyn 27s_Horse
11th_Prince_Albert_Victor 27s_Own_Cavalry_(Frontier_Force)
19th_King_George 27s_Own_Lancers
#
I have also heard that their medals still come from Queen ?

Back
Top Bottom