What's new

Pak Army Uniform undergoing major redesigning.

1. I once knew Sialkot which then produced sports goods, locks and cutlery beside carpet (Daska).
2. Service Shoes still exist in BD, but they are not good enough for BA. Beside private manufacturers, the military has own boots factory.
3. Bengal black goats make the finest leather. I don't know the export figure, but it will exceed yours.
4. Your last line is in Greek! Although I know "mendak" is a frog. Come clear and say what you want to.

Dont know about the Bengalblack goat, but the sialkot export figures are huge!, only recently the figures got a slight slump due to loadshedding and government ignorance.

Bengal black goat leather is the most sought after in the trade. Buffalo hide is Pakistan's main source. Very tough. Used to make good old FT Boots with these. These had to be soaked in water for 24 hrs after drawing from the store. And then regularly coated with Dubbin to make it wearable soft.

281961_255776277766779_203795929631481_1051273_2066043_n.jpg

Actually we were all hopping for something like the Chinese commando here. Digital camo.
Too bad.

The digital pattern has its uses but we have to adopt what we must keeping in mind the cost. The Jordanian Army paid for these uniforms by ordering them for foreign suppliers. As to how they funded this program is known to them only, but this pattern does not have to be used by us as there are other workable patterns available.

Oh I loved the Khaki, albeit that was replaced few years back. Anway, good going as we do need to emancipate ourselves from the colonial signatures...

The digital pattern has its uses but we have to adopt what we must keeping in mind the cost. The Jordanian Army paid for these uniforms by ordering them for foreign suppliers. As to how they funded this program is known to them only, but this pattern does not have to be used by us as there are other workable patterns available.

Well, we could have taken help from the Chinese, they are using the digital camo system in their army and they do have a camo uniform which is very much similar in color configuration to our one. Chinese are using the Type-97 uniform system like the American MARPAT and it may have come with cheap costs.

Plus if the uniforms are being provided by Bonanza / Lawrencepur kind of companies, it would have been easy for them to print out the digital camo on their own. Shouldn't be a rocket science by now.

Digital camo is more concealing compared to the normal camo pattern.

which color will replace khakee??

GUYS I HAVE HEARD FROM A FRIEND OF MINE WHO IS WAS PART IN MISSIONS IN SOUTH WASIRISTAN,AND OTHER AREAS(CANT DISCLOSE THE UNIT)HE TOLD ME THAT CHINESE HAVE PROVIDED PAKISTAN WITH SOME SPECIAL KIND OF BOOTS THAT,IF STEPPED ON MINES,,,MINES WHOULD NOT EXPLOAD,,,IT(BOOTS)HAVE SOME SPECIAL LIGHTER MATERIALS.......WHAT SAY GUYS

He may be referring to this:
anti-mine-boots.jpg

Eventhough the picture is of IA, it forms one of the standard mine clearing equipment of any professional army

Back
Top Bottom