What's new

My favourite british standup comedians

livingdead

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Most members here follow american shows and standup comedy, but dont know much about british comedy. I will list a few favourite of mine in no particular order.
warning: Some of the material are not generic and need to be understood in uk context.

1. Sean lock

Sean Lock is good but Charlie Brooker is amazing.

Sean Lock is good but Charlie Brooker is amazing.
charlie brooker is limited to his satire of news media. There was another guy who ran a program with much more hard hitting satire...and dark comedy.. seach for Brass Eye.

2. Eddie Izzard:

@Ravi Nair you might want to watch it before youtube removes it, because its full length.

charlie brooker is limited to his satire of news media. There was another guy who ran a program with much more hard hitting satire...and dark comedy.. seach for Brass Eye.

2. Eddie Izzard:

@Ravi Nair you might want to watch it before youtube removes it, because its full length.

@hinduguy

already watched it. Found Izzy through Bill maher of all people.

watching a lot of charlie brooker now.

@hinduguy

@hinduguy

used to watch a lot of Stephen fry, Hugh Laurie stuff in their hey day.

This is not stand up, but Yes Minister, Yes Prime Minister, Blackadder, Fawlty towers, Dad's Army

are still my favorites by far. Still owns the Yes Prime Minister seasons 1-3 on DVD.

@hinduguy

@hinduguy

used to watch a lot of Stephen fry, Hugh Laurie stuff in their hey day.

This is not stand up, but Yes Minister, Yes Prime Minister, Blackadder, Fawlty towers, Dad's Army

are still my favorites by far. Still owns the Yes Prime Minister seasons 1-3 on DVD.
ah.. forgot you are still part of the empire.. :p:

There is another one with thick London accent but he is quite popular.After watching him for a few mins I gave up :lol:

Yeah, he is quite good, not many desi people know he can talk... :)

He has done many other great works but he is more famous for Mr Bean. I guess people who can't understand English well can relate to Mr Bean more thus Mr Bean character is more famous throughout the world.

o_O
He has done many other great works but he is more famous for Mr Bean. I guess people who can't understand English well can relate to Mr Bean more thus Mr Bean character is more famous throughout the world.

They can relate to Mr bean more? Did I understand that right?o_O

Here is one of my favourite performance of Rowan Atkinson.

Well you know the social awkwardness that the older generations of Asians in UK are so famous for? :lol:

I can see where you are coming from...but relate to Mr bean? That's quite a leap there don't you think? I mean when was the last time you say an elderly Asian gentlemen in London walking around with two chopsticks in his nose?

Back
Top Bottom