What's new

My favourite british standup comedians

Not him.His accent is pretty normal.......

He is a chubby guy...
must be johny vegas then.. I dont like him.. :what:
@Talon macIntyre is good in observational comedy .. .. his material is family friendly..

ok next.. young scottish comedian (20 something) ... got strong glasgwegian accent but I like his style
Kevin Bridges

must be johny vegas then.. I dont like him.. :what:
@Talon macIntyre is good in observational comedy .. .. his material is family friendly..

ok next.. young scottish comedian (20 something) ... got strong glasgwegian accent but I like his style
Kevin Bridges

First saw this guy in Have I Got News For You. Very Talented and funny.

Next
Jack Dee
wiki says he is known for his sarcastic and deadpan comedy.. :) .. he plays middled aged and middle class moaning bas*rd quite well.. (rhod gilbert's moaning sounds so fake)

I personally prefer the older British comedy sitcoms, especially the ones like Dad's army and mind your language. I don't know but I find most modern comedy dull and obscene. Forgot to add blackadder.

A word about obscenity.

people like George Carlin used a lot of obscenities but in a clever way.

But people like bob saget merely used it for shock value.

Once you have used the F bomb too much, it loses it's taboo lustre

the next comedian hardly swears, a sweet old man, he does not have brilliant lines but he entertains with his assorted musical instruments and banal observations...
bill bailey

I would include a few irish comedians too, they are british for all practical purpose :)
jimeoin

Christopher Hichens observed Women are not funny and after feminist backlash responded with 'female comedians tend to be dykes, jews or butch' line...

Here is a female comedian who is none of those, and still manages to be unfunny to me. She is quite popular in UK, probably to females and family viewers. Her cubby face and self potrayal as Bridget Jones is sometimes funny, but gets repetitive and annoying quickly.

Sarah Millican: (not my fav)

Jo Brand: (not my fav)

Back
Top Bottom