What's new

Muslim leaders in India object to Yoga Day

You lost 3kg because you did it for 4 hours a day for a few days (if i recall)

If you did 4 hours per day of playing twister or hop scotch you would lose the same if not more

Ya ya do your assumptions as if you are much experienced like a doctor who already researched how many calories burned in each and every steps.The problem with you are just bluff with out knowing the matter with out having any experience in doing yoga. You are just like a best driver with out driving any thing, but you know how to change gear and stearing.

Ya ya do your assumptions as if you are much experienced like a doctor who already researched how many calories burned in each and every steps.The problem with you are just bluff with out knowing the matter with out having any experience in doing yoga. You are just like a best driver with out driving any thing, but you know how to change gear and stearing.

Remind me how much yoga you did 4 hours a day for how many days?

If you emphasize on spiritual aspect of yoga then I am afraid,non hindus will object to it. Best way is to present it as exercise for the well being of mind and body.

The only spiritual aspect in yoga is chanting of OM. Muslims can chant whatever they feel like. This way both Hindus and muslims can enjoy the spiritual aspect of yoga too.
There is much more than chanting just OM in Yoga,OM is just 5-10% of the spiritual aspect Do you know about Kundalini shakti and how it rises,falls or is controlled etc.
These are all part of Maharishi Patanjali Yoga Sutras who formulated the rules of Yoga for the first time.
It is upto the Non-Hindus if they want to object,it's not like we are imposing it on them are we?They are coming to learn Yoga.
The non-Hindus should give credit where its due, they can't take our Yoga and say we want to remove Hinduism,Spirituality aspect from Yoga , because Bharat is the birthplace of Yoga invented by our Hindu Ancestors who toiled Thousands of years to know its secrets.
Just like a trademark and patent, you are supposed to follow some rules not remove or add as you wish without even paying the royalty.
The Non-Hindus have a bad habit of taking everything from other nations and then claiming they invented that this is true in case of Western Civilizations,that is how their history is, they want to Patent Ayurveda,Yoga,Basmati rice,Turmeric,Neem and then call it as a Invention of West. We had enough of these Westerners looting our ideas,concepts, products through the ages.

You dont seem to understand plenty of people do it but its essentially glorified stretching and quite time
no, you have to understand that it's not a strictly 'religious' thing or anything, you're not going to be any less christian or muslim or whatever if you do yoga !

it can be just a stretchy exercise too, like in the US, they have their own 'version' of it..and call it cat pose/bridge pose/lotus pose etc which has only the physical activity side of it, and that's fine

but the original yoga from here incorporates both mind and body, and includes the meditative aspects.. which again is not at odds with any other religion, muslims can and do meditate, just as christians and jews and people from whatever other faith do.. it's ancient science, just an exercise for the brain.. got nothing to do with 'religion'

@Soulspeek , can you cite me a peer reviewed journal on namaz benefits . I am waiting. Googled but did not find one .
@jaatram , indeed , one is science another , leave it.
there is a reason why we are not seeing our resident secular Indians in this thread. @Soulspeek bro is new at this, unlike others he doesn't know there are some topics which must be avoided.

These ppl think they brought knowledge to this hallowed land. Hilarious.
hundreds of years of slavery does that, Yoga wasn't that big in India until westerns started doing it.

There is nothing wrong in doing yoga. In my school days we kids used to have fun doing all postures/asanas.

As for muslims, I don't think they can have objection on anything except Surya Namaskar which literally means bowing before Sun God.

Even without surya namaskar, yoga has got hundreds of asanas which are good for health. I would suggest to set a team of experts which can come up with a standard yoga package which is acceptable to all.

Exactly & when the entire Islamic world is doing it what's their problem

There is much more than chanting just OM in Yoga,OM is just 5-10% of the spiritual aspect Do you know about Kundalini shakti and how it rises,falls or is controlled etc.
true, and "om" or whatever one chants is just a mantra, which is just an anchor for your mind as you try and still your thoughts, one is free to chant "allah" or "ali" or "yahweh" or "jesus" or whatever but the idea is just to concentrate on 1 thing and avoid any thoughts.

meditation is just mental push ups, a brain exercise.

kundalini, the Chinese call it 'chi', Japanese call it 'ki' .. there are references to this "life force" in various other cultures around the world as well.

nothing to do with organized religion.

Back
Top Bottom